Page 95 of 129 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,900 of 2579

Thread: What is Goldtop listening to?

A Top (and Heart) of Gold Goldtop's Avatar
    Good Saturday morning everybody. Here's to a good weekend!

I just turned on the tv, and the first thing I saw was that video "Strat Pack: Wembley" from however long ago (2004 I think). So my day is starting with Gary Moore.

Goldtop Pack
    'Did you ever get down on your hands and knees and beg a potato to get fat?' - Ezra Craddock

Quote Originally Posted by Goldtop View Post
    Good Saturday morning everybody. Here's to a good weekend!

I just turned on the tv, and the first thing I saw was that video "Strat Pack: Wembley" from however long ago (2004 I think). So my day is starting with Gary Moore.

Goldtop Pack
    My favorite Moore track from my favorite Moore album! I have an autographed copy of that album that I picked up at a radio station's Christmas show - for $5.
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

Quote Originally Posted by alantig View Post
    My favorite Moore track from my favorite Moore album! I have an autographed copy of that album that I picked up at a radio station's Christmas show - for $5.
    Talk about cool! I love(d) Gary Moore's playing.

Lloyd
    'Did you ever get down on your hands and knees and beg a potato to get fat?' - Ezra Craddock

Holy Guacamole, it's already Sunday!

Thanks to Marty Stuart for providing the inspiration for me to listen to this one. Waylon!

The Only Goldtop

This one's for Duchess...

Goldtop Lloyd

What a great day I'm having... The tube is on and hopefully something good will be on it soon. I've got a stereo going with a pile of CDs to work my way through. I've got an acoustic guitar in my hands. There's an NHRA drag race from Vegas later today. Breakfast - a cold Coke - is behind me and lunch and dinner will probably be the same. Plus, I'm goofing around on YouTube and the Greatest Forum ever created by the PRS Guitar company! (Huh?) Life for me is good my friends, and I hope it is for you too!

My Waylon train of thought is still going, and I think there's some seriously tasty guitar playing in this one.

Goldtop Paradise (Someday!)

A few days ago I told a story about something ugly that happened when I was a little boy (Post #1879). The reason I decided to talk about it, and the reason I'm posting this song now, are one in the same. If anybody reading this is having a difficult time with something in their life and they don't know what to do or how to go on, please don't give up. I'm not trying to get too heavy here, and I'm not pretending to be a counselor; I'm just saying please keep trying and don't ever quit. Things can get better...

Lloyd/Goldtop
    Last edited by Goldtop; 03-30-2014 at 03:44 PM.

Oh Baby! Joe B. will be here in a few more days. I may not be going, but I'm enjoying the anticipation just the same. (Weird, huh?)

Goldtop

Yes Sir! Monday again. May we all have a great week!

I want to congratulate Alexis DeJoria and everybody on her team. She's part of the famous Kalitta Motorsports Team (same Kalitta as in Kalitta Airways), and yesterday in Las Vegas she won her second major event of the season. Four events so far this year, and she's won two of them. That's impressive.

What a lady; A mom, a drag racer in a 300+ MPH Funny Car, intelligent, well-spoken, attractive, involved in worthwile causes, and a serious music fan to boot. (One of her cars has a mural of an Iron Maiden album cover on the inside roof right above her head.) VERY COOL!

WAY to GO, ALEXIS!!!

http://alexisdejoria.com/

Goldtop

Goldtop

Tuesday. Yay. Hey, how's it goin'? Hopefully you each have a good week going. Man, am I ready for the first of the month... (Actually, the 3rd is what I need to see, but it's getting closer so I can't gripe.)

I had never heard of VV Brown until a few days ago, but when I heard this song it sounded familiar to me. Then I realized why. Maybe someone else will hear a similarity between these two?

VV Brown - "Shark In the Water"

Ace Frehley - "New York Groove"

Back! In the Goldtop Groove (Someday I hope...)
    Last edited by Goldtop; 04-01-2014 at 09:38 AM.

What happened to the seasons? The 'official' first day of Spring was just a few days ago, right? The low here last night was below freezing, and the high today is supposed to be 80. What's with this goofy weather?!? Owww, was that my hip?

This is one of my jam songs; I throw this on every now and then and play along with it when I'm in front of the tv, or waxing the cat, or ??? When I heard it was going to get hot today, I thought of this song.

Goldtop

P.S. - One of the lines in this song goes 'And of course you can't become if you only say what you would have done'... To that end:

SOMEDAY I WILL HAVE A GOLDTOP DGT WITH BIRDS! AND MAYBE A ROSEWOOD NECK! AND A DG SIGNATURE AMP & CAB! I PUT A FEW CENTS INTO THE FUND NEARLY EVERY DAY, AND IT WILL HAPPEN!
    Last edited by Goldtop; 04-01-2014 at 10:22 AM.

The late, the great Ronnie Lane was born on this date in 1946. He was a founding member and songwriter in both The Small Faces and The Faces. He developed MS and fought it bravely for many years, but it finally took him in '97. He lived in Austin for many years, but was living in Trinidad Colorado when he passed away.

In this video, he's working that Zemaitis bass and making it look effortless, as the greats always manage to do. I've posted this clip before, but it doesn't take much to get me to listen to The (Small) Faces, so here we go...

Goldtop Lloyd

I've been on a Beatles kick this afternoon. Here's a "T-O-O-T" of one of their songs.

Goldtop Lloyd

Thursday morning. Good Morning, People! Have a good day today!

Hard to believe, but I'm listening to music this morning. Getting ready for the Joe Bonamassa gig tonight. Not able to see the show, but I still plan on going down and hanging around, soaking in the vibes, watching the people, looking over the merch counter, and just enjoying the night. After all, it's not every day that (A) a bunch of great musicians, and (B) a flock of '58 to '60 Sunbursts show up in Amarillo. I know some kitshickers here who would say 'What's wrong, boy? Can't you afford a new git-tar?!?' Go figure...

Goldtop Lloyd

P.S. - 'Soaking in the vibes...???' I swear to you I don't use (illegal) drugs, and I'm not an old hippie... I'm just weird.
    Last edited by Goldtop; 04-03-2014 at 08:27 AM.

FUNKY LIKE A MONKEY! A NUTBUSH "T-O-O-T"!! DIG IT!!!

Joe Bonamassa, Beth Hart, Anton Fig, and the Boys.

Tina Turner, Ike Turner, The Band, The Ikettes, and Ike's wah-wah.

Goldtop City Limits!
    Last edited by Goldtop; 04-03-2014 at 08:56 AM.

C'mon Dudes! Feelin' good, feelin' right - It's Saturday night (almost)...

American Goldtop, who once ran into Sweet Connie and will offer no further comment.
    Last edited by Goldtop; 04-03-2014 at 09:45 AM.

Don Gibson, born on this date in 1928. He passed away in 2003.

Goldtop

More Mr. Gibson. (Check out the dude soloing at about the :45 mark. His name escapes me right now, but doesn't he look happy? A man, his talent, a few haybales, and a big jazz box with a Charlie Christian pickup...)

Gold, Gold Top

Loggins & Messina does Gibson! 'Your mama don't dance', but she might if she heard this...

Goldtop & Lloyd