Page 99 of 123 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 2448

Thread: What is Goldtop listening to?

A Top (and Heart) of Gold Goldtop's Avatar
    This one's for Tim Wilson, who once said 'That Paul Goddard can play some d_ _ n bass!' (Right, alantig?)

Goldtop Lloyd
    'Did you ever get down on your hands and knees and beg a potato to get fat?' - Ezra Craddock

A "Triple T-O-O-T" of the old Charlie Rich song from his days at Sun Records - "Lonely Weekends".

Jimmie Vaughan's version, with help from Lou Ann Barton IIRC.

Shelby Lynne's version.

A version with some guys from another band; Led something...

Goldtop
    Last edited by Goldtop; 04-18-2014 at 02:45 PM.
    'Did you ever get down on your hands and knees and beg a potato to get fat?' - Ezra Craddock

Alright! Good Saturday Morning Everybody! What a Great day it is!! It's one of those days when it's just good to be alive, you know? I got up this morning, got around, turned on the tube, and as I was flipping through I went by one of the MTV channels and got a pleasant surprise: They were playing music videos! Not to sound sarcastic, but I don't get much of that from MTV anymore.

This was on, so it is what I am listening to. Happy Saturday, People!

My Goldtop (SOMEDAY!!!)

Okay, MTV's got me going this morning, so I'll stick with it for now. The late, the great Robert Palmer.

Goldtop, who says 'Red Sky at Morning, etc., etc....'

Glitter on the mattress!

Bang, Bang... On the Goldtop, Baby!

I was going to post "Rock Me Tonight", but Billy deserves better than that. (IMO, one dreadful video shouldn't have derailed a career.) So, I'm going with this song because I like it more anyway.

My Kinda Goldtop

Glen Campbell is going through a difficult time now. My thoughts are with him, his friends, and his family.

Goldtop Lloyd
    Last edited by Goldtop; 04-19-2014 at 11:31 AM.

For Chris and her family...

Lloyd

I'm listening to a "T-O-O-T" of "Paperback Writahhh"!

The Beatles' version.

The Eric Johnson version.

Goldtop Playahhh (Someday, some way)

I'm a little early for this in America, but that's okay. Music in honor of The Easter Bunny!

Goldtop

This has always been one of my favorite songs. And it's fitting for me because sometime during the next few days/weeks I'm going to help a neighbor move. Negatives: A bum shoulder, an iffy back, an erratic heart. Positives: I'm close, I have a cheerful spirit, a willingness to help, and I work cheap(ly). Plus, I have a pickup! Sold!

I'm starting tired, so Great Moving Powers help us all...

The Golden Gate Quartett.

Some dudes from Yale one year.

The Tennessee Ernie Ford Hit version.

Sixteen Goldtops (Talk about a DREAM!!!)

Three more covers of "Sixteen Tons". So far, that makes... 96 Tons!

Out of the remnants of Creedence, The Don Harrison Band. (Remember them?)

Noriel Vilela. From Brazil? Nice Wood my friend!

Memento Mori. Cool!

Mining for Goldtops!
    Last edited by Goldtop; 04-21-2014 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldtop View Post
    This one's for Tim Wilson, who once said 'That Paul Goddard can play some d_ _ n bass!' (Right, alantig?)
    "Paul Goddard played some of the greatest bass parts ever committed to Ampeg tape." Miss ya, Tim!

Sure - I'm away for some travel, then too tied up to spend the time I need to catch up on the forum, and THAT'S when you go off on a Kiss bender!

Not going to try to catch up with all of that stuff, but..."Rock Bottom" is pure gold to me. Definitely Ace on "Rocket Ride" and not on "Larger Than Life", but what jumps out at me on "Larger" is Paul's backing vocals on the chorus. "Dynasty" is a sadly overlooked and unfairly maligned album, and since I first owned it on 8-track, I've never been able to accept that there's a guitar solo on "X-Ray Eyes" - it faded out on the track change.

And not only do I remember 8-tracks, I think I still have a car player at my parents' house. I know I still have the last component 8-track player the Radio Shack in Fredericksburg, VA had - bought it when I lived down there, and if I had an open space on my receiver, I'd have it hooked up and I'd be whipping out my 8-tracks! And any time 8-tracks are mentioned, I think of the night a buddy and I drove around with two girls. His copy of "Who's Next" got jammed up, and he threw it to me in the back seat and said, "Fix it!" The girl in the back seat with me - who he liked, and who was very attractive - held a battery-operated camping lantern between her white-jeans-clad thighs, and I learned that I could fix an 8-track tape while never looking at it.
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

It was one year ago yesterday that Richie Havens left us.

Goldtop Lloyd
    Last edited by Goldtop; 04-22-2014 at 02:21 AM.

Today is Peter Frampton's birthday. Because I imagine we all love guitars in ways that can't fully be put into words, I decided to post this. It's a segment from the CBS Morning Show in 2012 about PF, his career, and his being reunited with his black Les Paul. Watching this, I absolutely believe deep in my heart that one day I'll have that Goldtop DGT I'm always talking about...

Happy Birthday Peter! Thank You for Your Music! Yes, We Do Feel Like You Do!

Goldtop Lloyd
    Last edited by Goldtop; 04-22-2014 at 08:30 AM.

On this date in 1978, two members of the cast of the NBC tv show "Saturday Night Live" debuted a little idea they had worked up together just for S&Gs. The two cast members? Dan Akroyd and John Belushi. The idea? A R&B band called "The Blues Brothers". The rest is history.

Goldtop

As usual, I've had a song on my mind this evening. And as usual, I have no idea why. But here it is; A "T-O-O-T" of Priest's cover of "Diamonds and Rust".

A studio version.

An acoustic version other than the one they did with the black Ovations for VH1.

Goldtops and NO Rust
    Last edited by Goldtop; 04-22-2014 at 09:09 PM.

I woke up today with this one in my head. Man, sometimes living next door to Kevin Cronin sucks!!!

Goldtop
    Last edited by Goldtop; 04-23-2014 at 08:42 AM.

Night moves. For me, night moves these days consist of turning over, snuggling down into the sheets, going back to sleep with a smile on my face, and enjoying every single inch of the bed because I no longer have to share it with a woman whose legs frequently felt like cacti.

Life is good...

Goldtop Lloyd

Good Thursday, People! I'm getting excited... My beloved Drags are in Texas this weekend (in Baytown, east of Houston). Big horsepower, low elevation; if the temps are cool, look out! I wish I could be down there with them, but that's out of the question this year. Maybe next year.

I'm posting this for a woman I know. I'm not exactly her favorite person right now, and that's okay. 'Miss X', if you're reading this, you're right; I'm not married. But you are, and if you have to be reminded of that then what more needs to be said?

Lloyd