Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What is your most played PRS now?

I used to play my mccarty and my cu22 equally. When i got my beautiful cu24 it became number one. I take it to every gig one of the others gets to tag along.

Quote Originally Posted by megaboogie View Post
    Thanks, I play thru a Boogie Mark V mostly or a Marshall 1974X with few pedals.
    This is not helping my Mark V GAS...

My one and only PRS Paul's Guitar
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/27756098@N06/9734596134/
    Last edited by Relevance; 09-12-2013 at 03:46 PM. Reason: no photo

Quote Originally Posted by RedGuitars View Post
    This is not helping my Mark V GAS...
    I have a Mark V but wish I had a 2-Channel Custom instead

I imagine myself playing a DC245 pretty frequently.
    Plank Owner

Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    I just can't get enough of this one, it's changing my perceptions of what I thought I loved about PRS.
    How so?

Quote Originally Posted by Tosca View Post

I was looking at the above guitar trying to figure out what made it so beautiful, and then it hit me........

EVERYTHING!!!

Had to upgrade my post. This is without question my most played PRS currently:

Sh*tter's full

Quote Originally Posted by 11top View Post
    Had to upgrade my post. This is without question my most played PRS currently:

Great looking rig. I love vertical 2x12 cabs. The Custom 50 with a bit of bling is also tasty.
    Plank Owner

Quote Originally Posted by jfb View Post
    I imagine myself playing a DC245 pretty frequently.

Me too!

My Studio!

Junior Member Texas_minor_blues's Avatar
    my IRW McCarty
    It is just such a versatile instrument
    2008 DGT Cherry Sunburst
    Whale Blue 2008 McCarty w./ IRW neck
    Black Slate 513 w./ IRW neck
    PRS 2 Channel H + Bogner 20th Shiva
    Incoming: EBMM BFR Petrucci (IRW)

Quote Originally Posted by Sage View Post
    How so?
    The big thing is that it's a 22, when I first got it together it felt kinda cramped and small feeling. I have been playing my other CE24 for twenty years now, that's a pretty long time! My "muscle memory" is just so used to a 24 fret PRS guitar that at first I kinda didn't fall in love with it, and I was one of those dudes who hated the heel on 22 fret PRS's. I also used to really like "hot" pickups, and even though I'm still a real big fan of the HFS and DII's the McCarty that Mike sent me is totally blowing my skirt up at the moment.

I think it's crappy rattle can spray job also cured me of transparent finishes. I find myself so uninspired by the look of flame and quilt topped guitars now (VY is the only exception) when I dream of guitars on eBay I'm always looking at opaque colored ones now. PRS was totally responsible for bringing back "tiger maple" to the marketplace and I think after all this time, and the over saturation of every guitar company doing it on their cheapest of guitars I'm just sick of looking at it.

The coolest thing about this guitar though is that since it arrived as a box of parts, I didn't feel too bad about "F@cking" with it. I used to look at modifying a PRS past the point of no return as a heretical notion only to be performed by fruitcakes, I of course am the biggest fruitcake I have ever met, and there was a sort of sinister pleasure to super gluing a diamond encrusted "S" on there, but I no longer think it's a crime punishable by death to alter these things.

I'm so happy to say that I now absolutely love the sound of it, and I just adore playing this guitar! Between PRS, myself, Hans, Bill, Shawn, Mike, and Eric, I think I already have the guitar I'll be rockin' steadily with for the next twenty years.

Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    The big thing is that it's a 22, when I first got it together it felt kinda cramped and small feeling. I have been playing my other CE24 for twenty years now, that's a pretty long time! My "muscle memory" is just so used to a 24 fret PRS guitar that at first I kinda didn't fall in love with it, and I was one of those dudes who hated the heel on 22 fret PRS's. I also used to really like "hot" pickups, and even though I'm still a real big fan of the HFS and DII's the McCarty that Mike sent me is totally blowing my skirt up at the moment.

I think it's crappy rattle can spray job also cured me of transparent finishes. I find myself so uninspired by the look of flame and quilt topped guitars now (VY is the only exception) when I dream of guitars on eBay I'm always looking at opaque colored ones now. PRS was totally responsible for bringing back "tiger maple" to the marketplace and I think after all this time, and the over saturation of every guitar company doing it on their cheapest of guitars I'm just sick of looking at it.

The coolest thing about this guitar though is that since it arrived as a box of parts, I didn't feel too bad about "F@cking" with it. I used to look at modifying a PRS past the point of no return as a heretical notion only to be performed by fruitcakes, I of course am the biggest fruitcake I have ever met, and there was a sort of sinister pleasure to super gluing a diamond encrusted "S" on there, but I no longer think it's a crime punishable by death to alter these things.

I'm so happy to say that I now absolutely love the sound of it, and I just adore playing this guitar! Between PRS, myself, Hans, Bill, Shawn, Mike, and Eric, I think I already have the guitar I'll be rockin' steadily with for the next twenty years.

My CE24 has been my number one since I got it a couple of years ago. But a few months ago I got an NF3 to satisfy my Strat GAS. It took a little while, but it grew on me and now it is my go to. The neck and frets are so inviting, and I love the Strat feel to the body.

408 Birds in the Sky megaboogie's Avatar
    ^that's a sweet color! and a maple neck hmmm... I want some maple neck'ed PRS now.

2012 PRS P24 Limited Edition Top 10 Black Gold Burst....is the most played right now
    PRS Guitars Endorsee (2008 Mira / 2010 Custom 24 / 2012 Limited Edition Top 10 P24 / 2013 Custom 24) and Signature Club Member... http://www.reverbnation.com/jdbradshaw http://www.prsguitars.com/artists/profile/jd_bradshaw/

I hate sounding like a flake! But I can't honestly pick just one. LOL

Navarro with BK's

[IMG][/IMG]

DGT with BK's

[IMG][/IMG]

Studio with BK in bridge

[IMG][/IMG]

But all that will change tomorrow when these arrive....NGD times 2 for me!

Private Stock SC245

2009 SUHR STANDARD CHAMBERED QUILT TOP

[IMG][/IMG]
    '11 SC250,'12 Tremonti one-off, 2007/13 McCarty Korina,'11 Custom24 Quilted 10Top,'12 DGT w/BK Miracle Man pups,'12 Studio w/BK Cold Sweat,'07/13 Navarro w/BK Cold Sweat pups,'12 NF3, EVH 5150 Half stack, Randall Half Stack, Hughs & Kettner TubeMeister, other fiddles; Mayones, Suhr, Skervesen, Gibson, Fender, Charvel, Jackson, ESP, Dean, EVH, Taylor, GJ2, Ibanez, Carvin, Kramer, Agile & Spawn

I'm down to two and the Paul's Dirty 100 gets the nod.
    PRS DGT Solana Burst, PRS Paul's Dirty 100 #33, Gibson ES-333 w/PRS 59/09's, Ibanez S1520 w/P90's & a Kemper.

Quote Originally Posted by Ape Factory View Post
    I'm down to two and the Paul's Dirty 100 gets the nod.
    Mercy that's an excellent photo of an amazing guitar.
    Plank Owner