Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Forum Fitness Thread

My wife did Bikram Yoga for over a year.

It's yoga in a room that's 105 degrees at 40 percent humidity and the classes are 90 minutes.

Yoga pants? More like yoga underwear.
    Plank Owner

Quote Originally Posted by jfb View Post
    I'm going to make a continued push to get in better shape after this contest.

Hulk!
    My plan as well.
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!

ísɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    I'm not much of a "gym" guy either so I don't have a gym membership. You should give Yoga a try. It's a hell of a lot harder than it looks and it puts you in a nice mental state of mind as well as exercising your body. Oh and as an added bonus, Yoga Pants. Seriously though, youtube has a ton of yoga videos you can do at home.
    I'm totally not a gym guy! It seems too much like hard work and I get so boooooored.

This thread is working already. Jogged a little with my daughter to the park yesterday. Did squats, calf raises, dips, push-ups, v-ups and stretches while she played. Today, I rode my bike the 2 miles each way to/from the train for work, and in the evening I did leg raises three ways, catapults, planks three ways, and of course: stretches! A couple months ago, I would've done both days' work in one session. Easing myself back in.

Planning on joining a 20 mile group bike ride tomorrow evening, and riding 50 with a friend on Sunday.
    --Garrett--

Start: (my real start at 209 lbs)

today

record low so far: 188.5
    max loss -20.5 lbs. (9.81%)

today: 192.3
    total: -16.7 lbs. (7.99%)
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    I'm not much of a "gym" guy either so I don't have a gym membership. You should give Yoga a try. It's a hell of a lot harder than it looks and it puts you in a nice mental state of mind as well as exercising your body. Oh and as an added bonus, Yoga Pants. Seriously though, youtube has a ton of yoga videos you can do at home.
    One of my clients (and a dear friend) owns Sat Nam Yoga in Chicago, it's a Kundalini yoga joint.. The first time I did it with him we just sat and breathed for an hour and that kicked my ass!. Seriously! Just breathing and meditation wore me out.

I was pretty good about practicing for a few months and then let it slide... It just doesn't fit in with my lifestyle of being the next Dean Martin/George Hamilton, they don't approve of smokin' and drinkin' too much. I like the pants though.

I totally got my ass kicked on that group bike ride I did Thursday. It's a sinking feeling when you're riding your hardest and watching the peloton leave you behind. My personal victory was making it back home on dead legs.

Autumn is starting to creep in around here, so the weather has been a little cooler. My favorite part of the year; it's the perfect time to get outside for anything active.
    --Garrett--

Been lifting weights at the gym, my trainer made me a plan up. 3 times a week and I feel so much stronger already, still carrying too much weight but that will shed. I have cut out a lot of junk from my diet and feel better for it. I am a vegetarian anyway so love fruit and veg but I have too much of a craving for chocolate, crisps and smoking haha

I'm in! Goal is 200 by the end of the year.

today

today: 192.4
    total: -16.6 lbs. (7.94%)

My goal is to get down to about 180. But I'd be almost as happy to get under 190 and stay there....
    Thbbbbbt...

today

today: 192.2
    total: -16.8 lbs. (8.04%)

Inching back....
    Thbbbbbt...

I don't even want to weigh myself after all I ate and drank the past couple days....

Quote Originally Posted by geese_com View Post
    I don't even want to weigh myself after all I ate and drank the past couple days....

Hehehe................. Hanging out with the Pros
    Fanboy of the Jester (AKA) James (Previously known as 11top)

Quote Originally Posted by markie View Post
    Hehehe................. Hanging out with the Pros
    Berserk mode!!!!

I knew the scale would hurt.

222.8 up to 228. Most of that is red meat still in my system I'm certain.
    Plank Owner

But......

Quote Originally Posted by hoofarted View Post
    But......

Thbbbbbt...

Berserk mode!!!!

I knew the scale would hurt.

222.8 up to 228. Most of that is red meat still in my system I'm certain.
    Yeah...the only way you could have gained 5.2 pounds is if you ate in excess of 18,200 calories beyond maintenance (which would mean that you'd have had to consume about 9000 calories per day for 3 days). Give it a week and lay off the scale to save your sanity!

For the first time, I've gotten serious about keeping some sort of maintenance things going past reaching my goal. It's harder than I'd have thought. I'd like to stay at around 175, and I've found over the past couple of months that the only way I can do that is by doing pretty much exactly what I did to loose the weight, but to allow myself one to two days a week to go off the wagon. I was at a box at the Raven's game yesterday and the crabcakes were flowing along with Sushi and popcorn, and whatever. No way I'd weigh myself today. By Friday though, I'll be exactly where I was last Friday so long as I continue to lift and keep the calories down. We'll see how this goes....but maintaining 165 and a super low body fat percentage just isn't in the cards indefinitely. Maybe once per year... We'll see...

Experience was 3 days? I was there for all 5!!!

If I eat a 6 ounce steak I am up 6 ounces for about 3 days basically. I have noticed this over the past 3+ months working on my weight for the weight loss and measuring my weight daily. Keep in mind my diet for the past month was pretty lean and for the last week I kicked it up a notch. Eating and drinking whatever I wanted from Wednesday morning to Sunday dinner was a blast, but I am back and ready for action. I expect to be back down to 222.8 or so within a week.
    Plank Owner

Experience was 3 days? I was there for all 5!!!

If I eat a 6 ounce steak I am up 6 ounces for about 3 days basically. I have noticed this over the past 3+ months working on my weight for the weight loss and measuring my weight daily. Keep in mind my diet for the past month was pretty lean and for the last week I kicked it up a notch. Eating and drinking whatever I wanted from Wednesday morning to Sunday dinner was a blast, but I am back and ready for action. I expect to be back down to 222.8 or so within a week.
    Sounds about like me when I went on a cruise earlier this year. I gained 5 pounds (over 3%!) in a week thanks to all the beer, wine, food, and beer.
    --Garrett--

today

today: 191.6
    total: -17.4 lbs. (8.33%)

Inching back....
    Thbbbbbt...

214.4 as of this morning. I was 210.2 last week. Time to get back on track to 200!