Thread: SE Angelus, what is it comparable to?

Junior Member Texas_minor_blues's Avatar

SE Angelus, what is it comparable to?

I have been trying to find one of these to play but have had no luck. I did have the opportunity to play the high end models (oh sweet Jesus they sound amazing). So I was wondering how the SE's stack up and what are they comparable to? Any information is greatly appreciated!

TmB
    2008 DGT Cherry Sunburst
    Whale Blue 2008 McCarty w./ IRW neck
    Black Slate 513 w./ IRW neck
    PRS 2 Channel H + Bogner 20th Shiva
    Incoming: EBMM BFR Petrucci (IRW)

I've only played the Angelus Custom, and find it easily better than the Taylor 2 series and Martin X-Series. (similar prices from where i am from) Note this is my opinion. If I didn't own a really nice Martin I would definitely give this a look.
    Current Herd: PRS P22 Eriza Verde / PRS Singlecut Hollowbody II Trampas Green / PRS SE 30 1x12
    Future additions to herd : Pauls Guitar / Angelus Custom / SE Korina One / Archon and 2x12 and if they ever release a SE or S2 Bass

I played a cutaway a week ago. I'd easily put it up against a 400 series Taylor in tone and playability. It was much more clear and articulate than I expected (and remembered from a roadshow PRSh and crew did out here last year). I really think it plays so far out of it's price get that you have to look at much more expensive guitars to find a level comparison.

I didn't plug it in, so. I cannot comment on the electronics.

Good luck!

I've got the SE Custom and agree with Egads. Best bang for the buck around - no contest! Electronics are fine also!