Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 187

Thread: The XPRS13 Photo Thread

  1. #141
    Opaque John Beef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Arizona USA
    Posts
    2,130
    Quote Originally Posted by alantig View Post
    My pics are up now, too - http://www.tignanelli.com/ExperiencePRS.htm.

    Didn't shoot nearly as many this year, but still got some decent shots. Actually took a couple on the sales floor. I guess I should check the ones on my phone that I was texting home, but...


    I would love to have seen these two pickguards, both bare without anything installed on them, to see how the outlines match up - specifically, I would love to know if a Starla guard would fit on the Mira with a couple extra holes.
    The Bovine Fury <-- New Album Yes, Please available NOW!
    05 Custom 22 / 07 Mira / 08 Baritone SE / 03 Santana SE

  2. #142
    A♥ hoards guitars ♥A rugerpc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    deep in the raspberry...
    Posts
    4,084
    Chris rockin' the Jam Stage:





    Thbbbt...
    Gork what your need to gork.
    Lexicon

  3. #143
    A♥ hoards guitars ♥A rugerpc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    deep in the raspberry...
    Posts
    4,084
    The big tent:







    The beer wagon:

    Thbbbt...
    Gork what your need to gork.
    Lexicon

  4. #144
    Opaque John Beef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Arizona USA
    Posts
    2,130
    Quote Originally Posted by John Beef View Post
    If we see a guitar we're 100% serious about buying, how do we find out the precise specs (Okay, all I care about is the neck carve) and which dealer it's going to?


    I emailed PRS customer service. Without a serial number they're not able to track down to which dealer any guitar was sold.

    Can we please PLEASE next year, have some sort of number associated with each guitar so we can track these things down? Assuming this has a pattern neck carve, this is the EXACT guitar I would want, in the exact, special order only finish I would want. It's out there in the world somewhere.
    The Bovine Fury <-- New Album Yes, Please available NOW!
    05 Custom 22 / 07 Mira / 08 Baritone SE / 03 Santana SE

  5. #145
    A♥ hoards guitars ♥A rugerpc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    deep in the raspberry...
    Posts
    4,084
    Quote Originally Posted by John Beef View Post
    I emailed PRS customer service. Without a serial number they're not able to track down to which dealer any guitar was sold.

    Can we please PLEASE next year, have some sort of number associated with each guitar so we can track these things down? Assuming this has a pattern neck carve, this is the EXACT guitar I would want, in the exact, special order only finish I would want. It's out there in the world somewhere.
    That pic is not from a dealer table... That is one of the guitars not selected by dealers at the event. That means it is likely still up for grabs by YOUR dealer. I suggest that you send the pic to your local dealer and see if they can get their hands on it....
    Thbbbt...
    Gork what your need to gork.
    Lexicon

  6. #146
    Opaque John Beef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Arizona USA
    Posts
    2,130
    Quote Originally Posted by rugerpc View Post
    That pic is not from a dealer table... That is one of the guitars not selected by dealers at the event. That means it is likely still up for grabs by YOUR dealer. I suggest that you send the pic to your local dealer and see if they can get their hands on it....
    It's worth trying! I'm trying to find out the neck carve before I commit to anything. As much as this is exactly the guitar I'm looking for based on the pic, a pattern thin neck would be a deal breaker. It seems like without the serial number or any other identifiers, a dealer would also have trouble finding out this info.
    The Bovine Fury <-- New Album Yes, Please available NOW!
    05 Custom 22 / 07 Mira / 08 Baritone SE / 03 Santana SE

  7. #147
    Senior Member jfb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Creve Coeur, MO
    Posts
    5,917
    To everyone I shared a high five, handshake, drink, food, ride, hotel, shirt, smile, conversation, hug or Skype call (spot on Timmy!) with thanks for much for the amazing time. I already miss you all so much.

    I'd like to share with everyone a few photos I took during PRS EXP 2013.

    3 men and a Carcass.


    The King of Kings.


    Look how skinny I am!!!


    Tim Pierce is amazing. I have to work on a positive attitude and saying what I mean and nothing more...I think it comes naturally for him.


    Markie thought they were going halfsies. This is him scratching his head when he realized that wasn't the case.


    To my man Moss and The PS Crew...the end of an era...the start of a new...it was an epic time gentlemen. Thanks so much for everything!


    To everyone on The PS Crew...you guys are kings amongst men. I sincerely appreciate every moment. Thank you so much. <3, Jesse. See you soon!


    And back home to my wonderful wife. The 20th was the 17 year anniversary of our first date which is normally a day we celebrate together. I missed you babe. Here's to making it to MD together very soon.
    Plank Owner

  8. #148
    Senior Member sergiodeblanc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Downers Grove Il.
    Posts
    7,779
    Quote Originally Posted by John Beef View Post
    Can we please PLEASE next year, have some sort of number associated with each guitar so we can track these things down? Assuming this has a pattern neck carve, this is the EXACT guitar I would want, in the exact, special order only finish I would want. It's out there in the world somewhere.
    The easiest way to do that would be to get to EXP with a wad of cash next year... Everybody from the PRS employees, to the dealers, to the attendees are slammed already with way too much to do. I know it's an added cost to attend but if I can swing it, all of y'all with real jobs should be able to also.

  9. #149
    Senior Member RedGuitars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    770
    Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    The easiest way to do that would be to get to EXP with a wad of cash next year... Everybody from the PRS employees, to the dealers, to the attendees are slammed already with way too much to do. I know it's an added cost to attend but if I can swing it, all of y'all with real jobs should be able to also.
    I've had this one used on me before... and I'm hoping to attend next year. But I clearly don't have the budget that some of the collectors here do. So to travel to Maryland from Texas, pay for air fare, rental car, airport parking, hotel, food, drinks, etc., we're talking half or more of what I would need to spend to buy a new low end PRS...

    So it's a trade off for me... do I want to have a fun weekend, or do I want more gear? It's a tough call... I've been to PRS events at the factory, before it was the 'official' Experience. Back then they were unofficial PRS forum events (the forum that morphed into TGP). I went to the 2nd of those events and it was a blast! They let you bring guitars back then and Paul rented a restaurant on the bay after a day of tours at the factory. Every table and bar was covered with guitars. It was a blast. Paul & the Dragons played, one of the employee bands played. Paul sat at a table and signed autographs for an hour or more. There was an open jam hosted by Garrett Park/Rick Hogue the next night (we got run out early because Maryland was in the NCAA tourney).

    Any way - I know these events can be a ton of fun. I just can't afford to go every year...
    ___________
    Mike Cantrell

  10. #150
    Senior Member clcwarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    306
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGuitars View Post
    I've had this one used on me before... and I'm hoping to attend next year. But I clearly don't have the budget that some of the collectors here do. So to travel to Maryland from Texas, pay for air fare, rental car, airport parking, hotel, food, drinks, etc., we're talking half or more of what I would need to spend to buy a new low end PRS...

    So it's a trade off for me... do I want to have a fun weekend, or do I want more gear? It's a tough call... I've been to PRS events at the factory, before it was the 'official' Experience. Back then they were unofficial PRS forum events (the forum that morphed into TGP). I went to the 2nd of those events and it was a blast! They let you bring guitars back then and Paul rented a restaurant on the bay after a day of tours at the factory. Every table and bar was covered with guitars. It was a blast. Paul & the Dragons played, one of the employee bands played. Paul sat at a table and signed autographs for an hour or more. There was an open jam hosted by Garrett Park/Rick Hogue the next night (we got run out early because Maryland was in the NCAA tourney).

    Any way - I know these events can be a ton of fun. I just can't afford to go every year...
    Ok here's the plan for next year (economy style)
    1) book air fare early
    2) stay at country inn and suites, stay Thursday night and Friday Night. 2 days max ( $250 total for both nights)
    3) Hotel includes free breakfast, eat heartily.
    4) PRS provides water, you can get jumbo hot dog for $4 dollars
    5) get a shuttle from the airport to hotel if you go to country inn suites you can ride with me to the event and back.
    6) plan to have someone drop you off at the airport so you don't have to pay parking.

  11. #151
    Are 2 heads better than 1 Tim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    681
    Quote Originally Posted by jfb View Post

    And back home to my wonderful wife. The 20th was the 17 year anniversary of our first date which is normally a day we celebrate together. I missed you babe. Here's to making it to MD together very soon.
    Jesse.... surely you must have had your first date when she was only 4 years old!!

  12. #152
    Senior Member geese_com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    1,032
    Quote Originally Posted by clcwarlock View Post
    Ok here's the plan for next year (economy style)
    1) book air fare early
    2) stay at country inn and suites, stay Thursday night and Friday Night. 2 days max ( $250 total for both nights)
    3) Hotel includes free breakfast, eat heartily.
    4) PRS provides water, you can get jumbo hot dog for $4 dollars
    5) get a shuttle from the airport to hotel if you go to country inn suites you can ride with me to the event and back.
    6) plan to have someone drop you off at the airport so you don't have to pay parking.
    Sounds like a good plan. I followed some of those tips. Didn't end up spending too much.

  13. #153
    Senior Member jfb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Creve Coeur, MO
    Posts
    5,917
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Jesse.... surely you must have had your first date when she was only 4 years old!!
    She was 15. I was 16. Been together ever since. She's the best.
    Plank Owner

  14. #154
    Senior Member jfb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Creve Coeur, MO
    Posts
    5,917
    Quote Originally Posted by geese_com View Post
    Sounds like a good plan. I followed some of those tips. Didn't end up spending too much.
    Geese and I partnered up on a number of things. Very much worth while and he was an excellent roomy.
    Plank Owner

  15. #155
    Just a member JustRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Severn, MD
    Posts
    1,772
    Quote Originally Posted by clcwarlock View Post
    Ok here's the plan for next year (economy style)
    1) book air fare early
    2) stay at country inn and suites, stay Thursday night and Friday Night. 2 days max ( $250 total for both nights)
    3) Hotel includes free breakfast, eat heartily.
    4) PRS provides water, you can get jumbo hot dog for $4 dollars
    5) get a shuttle from the airport to hotel if you go to country inn suites you can ride with me to the event and back.
    6) plan to have someone drop you off at the airport so you don't have to pay parking.
    7) Let JustRob know when you're arriving (at BWI) and he'll give you a lift to your hotel.

  16. #156
    Senior Member jfb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Creve Coeur, MO
    Posts
    5,917
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    7) Let JustRob know when you're arriving (at BWI) and he'll give you a lift to your hotel.
    If JFB clears it. We have a busy drinking schedule and need to start immediately.
    Plank Owner

  17. #157
    Senior Member jfb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Creve Coeur, MO
    Posts
    5,917
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogie View Post
    If I were a betting man, I'd put money on JD being able to answer that question. It's only a phone call/email away, my friend.
    Phone call was made. He was.
    Plank Owner

  18. #158
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogie View Post
    This is a top from "The Tree". It made me a little tingly inside.
    I was pretty giddy over that top, too. NUTS. Cool pic, too!
    "You come around here with these... SOUL DESTROYERS... clad in some kinda paisley rittenou... I don't even know what rittenou means." -Greg Koch re: PRS amps

  19. #159
    Senior Member jfb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Creve Coeur, MO
    Posts
    5,917
    Quote Originally Posted by martysnarf View Post
    I was pretty giddy over that top, too. NUTS. Cool pic, too!
    Boogie is modeling it well. Nice job!
    Plank Owner

  20. #160
    Twang Banger crgtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    1,217
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogie View Post
    This is a top from "The Tree". It made me a little tingly inside.
    Boogie, are you holding my wood?
    Chris Reynolds...Nashvegas TN
    CR Guitar Demos
    #1 fan of Doug "DA MAN" Sewell!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •