Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: Got $4200 to spend....

  1. #1
    Junior Member windsongstudios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Arnold, Maryland
    Posts
    67

    Got $4200 to spend....

    Would love to hear your opinions. The PRS guitars I already own are in my sig. Not a huge 24 fret fan (no offense to anyone). I've been very tempted lately by Paul's Guitar and a pretty sweet Artist MC58 in Bonnie Pink with a Grandma Hannon Pink back. I primarily play modern country, rock and blues. Ready...set....GO!!!!

  2. #2
    Senior Member sergiodeblanc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Downers Grove Il.
    Posts
    5,163
    Go!... Wait!... That's all I'm sayin'... There's a few bangin' guitars that are comin' out soon.

  3. #3
    Plank Spanker justmund's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Down under, down under
    Posts
    1,536
    One of those Exp semi-hollow 408s would be way up there on my list!

  4. #4
    Senior Member andy474x's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    980
    Quote Originally Posted by justmund View Post
    One of those Exp semi-hollow 408s would be way up there on my list!
    +1
    -I'm no expert, but it seems to work and I haven't electrocuted myself yet. Which is pretty much the standard I live by.

    SE Custom 24 25th Anniversary - SE Akesson+57/08's - SE 30 Head/Cab

  5. #5
    Junior Member windsongstudios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Arnold, Maryland
    Posts
    67
    I already have a 408 but Paul's Guitar makes me drool. I'm curious as to how different that narrower bridge pup will be for spankier p90-ish tones. Of course then again I've always wanted a PRS with 57/08 pups too. Ugh!!!!!

  6. #6
    Happy Egads's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Posts
    1,812
    Artist SC HB II? 57/08s, perttiness, and TONE!

  7. #7
    Senior Member sergiodeblanc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Downers Grove Il.
    Posts
    5,163
    The semi hollow 408 looks really dope.

  8. #8
    Senior Member VHTStark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Edmonton Alberta Canada
    Posts
    208
    Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    Go!... Wait!... That's all I'm sayin'... There's a few bangin' guitars that are comin' out soon.
    Aww man! You mean there is more awesome stuff coming down the pipeline soon?! Jeez, some days I hate being back in school!

  9. #9
    Junior Member windsongstudios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Arnold, Maryland
    Posts
    67
    Bump for some more input

  10. #10
    408 Birds in the Sky megaboogie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    191
    What other PRS do you have? I can't see your sig. for some reason.

  11. #11
    Junior Member windsongstudios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Arnold, Maryland
    Posts
    67
    I have a CE-24, DGT, McRosie and a 408 all are maple tops.

  12. #12
    What about a P22? You could even spring for an artist package and get a maple neck, then you could let go of the ce24 you dont like so much and still have a maple neck in your arsenal. Of course, another rosewood neck wouldn't be bad either

  13. #13
    408 Birds in the Sky megaboogie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    191
    You have a variety of good selection already. Maybe a P22 trem or Cu22 artist package?

  14. #14
    Plank Spanker justmund's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Down under, down under
    Posts
    1,536
    Quote Originally Posted by rabidhamster View Post
    What about a P22? You could even spring for an artist package and get a maple neck, then you could let go of the ce24 you dont like so much and still have a maple neck in your arsenal. Of course, another rosewood neck wouldn't be bad either
    There are still some Exp 12 P22s floating about, maple neck, 53/10s...

  15. #15
    Happy Egads's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Posts
    1,812
    I'm telling you, you're missing a Hollowbody in that collection.

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    449
    Quote Originally Posted by windsongstudios View Post
    Would love to hear your opinions. The PRS guitars I already own are in my sig. Not a huge 24 fret fan (no offense to anyone). I've been very tempted lately by Paul's Guitar and a pretty sweet Artist MC58 in Bonnie Pink with a Grandma Hannon Pink back. I primarily play modern country, rock and blues. Ready...set....GO!!!!

    Cu 22 semi hollow LTD. 57/08 pups, one of the absolute best guitars PRS has ever made IMO. I got one brand new from Musicians friend brand new in quilt with over night shipping for $2500 TOTAL, and it stands toe to toe with my private stocks.

  17. #17
    Plank Spanker justmund's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Down under, down under
    Posts
    1,536
    I read somewhere that the 408s are wound with 57/08 wire, I'm REALLY interested to hear what one of those 408SH's sound like!

  18. #18
    Name Manglin' Putz alantig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,084
    Quote Originally Posted by windsongstudios View Post
    I already have a 408 but Paul's Guitar makes me drool. I'm curious as to how different that narrower bridge pup will be for spankier p90-ish tones. Of course then again I've always wanted a PRS with 57/08 pups too. Ugh!!!!!
    You need to talk to Hansomatic - or at least you need to hear him talk about the narrow 408 bridge.
    Alan

    "I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

  19. #19
    Junior Member windsongstudios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Arnold, Maryland
    Posts
    67
    ^^^ how would I go about doing that? Your post def made me curious. Hopefully he can weigh in on this.

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    286
    If you're looking for something that is more of a departure from what you currently have, how about a 513? With that budget, you could get a pretty blingy one, and used, a BRW neck'd one.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •