Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Explain Your Handle Thread

Explain Your Handle Thread

Hans and I were chatting this morning and could not find a thread for explaining handles.

mine is a play on spelling, but it means that if the sound pressure is high enough, you will feel weightless.
    (DC 245 Ted / DGT / 513 / Santana / McShootout / Cu22 Rosewood / DC22 / SAS / Cu22 Semi hollow / Sig LTD / Mira korina / HBII / SE Angelus Custom / SE Mushok) >> {C, H, Dallas, Original Sewell}

Mine? My parents started calling me Tim years back.... just kind of stuck!!

AP is for Average Player. The numbers are the code to the locks on my PRS cases that use codes (an no I don't have to kill you now that I told you).
    1988 CE24, 1995 CE22, 2000 SC, 2006 Cu24 AP, 2006 SC AP, 2007 CuRo22, 2008 Mira, 2010 Starla Stoptail, 2012 Mira
    2007 SE Soapy 2, 2010 SE 25th Anni Cu24, 2012 SE Bernie, 2013 SE Angelus

PRS SE50, Mesa Single RectoVerb, Mesa Lonestar, Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

My name be scrambled ElrytNamrogo's Avatar
    A long time ago, I took mine and all my brothers names and made aliases for our XBOX Live gamertags. Elryt Namrogo is my name scrambled,Tyler Gorman...but I kinda cheated and used the original Irish last name "O'Gorman" to have the extra "o" at the end.
    Last edited by ElrytNamrogo; 09-20-2013 at 11:09 AM.
    --Tyler G--
    2012 PRS Custom 24
    - Burnt Maple Leaf 10-top
    2008 PRS Custom 22 - Santana Yellow - Rosewood Neck - 10-top
    PRS SE Singlecut Trem - Tobacco Sunburst -Grover Locking Tuners - Bareknuckle Rebel Yells - Push/Pull Volume and Tone - Graphtech Self Lubricating nut

um...

Prior to the old un-offical PRS forum morphing into the Gear Page, I used my real name on all of the forums.

When the official forum and VR took over, I went back under cover - there are some nutty people in the world...
    Last edited by RedGuitars; 09-20-2013 at 09:09 AM.

I go by my real first name on all the forums I am on.
    Unfortunately Corey was taken here and a few other sites, so I had to add "T" to it for the first letter in my last name.

Xbox Live gamer tag. Raven for my favorite team and 17 is my lucky number.
    '11 SC250,'12 Tremonti one-off, 2007/13 McCarty Korina,'11 Custom24 Quilted 10Top,'12 DGT w/BK Miracle Man pups,'12 Studio w/BK Cold Sweat,'07/13 Navarro w/BK Cold Sweat pups,'12 NF3, EVH 5150 Half stack, Randall Half Stack, Hughs & Kettner TubeMeister, other fiddles; Mayones, Suhr, Skervesen, Gibson, Fender, Charvel, Jackson, ESP, Dean, EVH, Taylor, GJ2, Ibanez, Carvin, Kramer, Agile & Spawn

Mine is a little more... umm, difficult to explain. In high-school my friend had this ex-girlfriend who was a total c@#t, so we started calling her sekunda-c@#t. We then wrote a song about her in my metal band and called it Sekunda. It just kinda stuck with me ever since...
    ~ Matt

PRS HX/DA | 2x12 Stealth Cab | 2011 Stripped 58 - Angry Larry | 2000 Custom 22 - Dark Cherry Burst
    1985 Takamine GX-100 | 1993 Jackson Soloist XL Pro |Martin Acoustic | Ibanez Acoustic

PRS Guitars Endorsee....White and Relic'd Ones !

Defender of the Universe HANGAR18's Avatar
    I'm not only a MEGADETH fan but I also find great humor in the stories of space aliens and government conspiracy theories.

Aeetus = Eagle.... see avatar!

I was working in sales at a bank in Delaware when my boss gave me the nickname. I helped a lot of my team members out on an informal basis, and the manager started talking about how I kept the team together. So he nicknamed me Bobby Digital after a music producer (the RZA) - even though no one else knew what he was talking about. That was quickly shortned to Bobby D for ease of use.
    PS 4746 - Echo
    Experience 2012 Custom 24 - Inara
    P24 - Natasha
    2012 Tremonti SE

Warped frustrated old man John Scrip's Avatar
    Mine is symbolic of my lack of creativity when signing up for forums.
    John Scrip - MASSIVE Mastering - Chicago IL
    2011 PRS Custom 24
    Proud Member of ROLBAMTMWAOBGMMPRSC24OA

Garrett is my middle name, and the name most people call me. I have no creativity when it comes to screen names. I don't bother to capitalize the "g" out of pure laziness.
    --Garrett--

Saruman the melodic wizard

(Hmm I actually need this picture with Saruman holding a metallic red Santana )

I first read Lord of the Rings in '78. Then, mid '80s when I started programming VIC20 and Commodore 64, I created a start screen for my little programs that read "Saruman Softronics". I liked the alliteration, and I thought the good-turned-evil wizard was more interesting than the good wizard. (And besides, the name Gandalf was slightly tainted a bit in Holland because of some sort of erotic magazine from the '70s).
    Then I started gaming, and I used the handle Saruman; my mailserver uses domain saruman.biz; most of my forum and wiki handles are Saruman or variants thereof. And of course there's the satisfaction of naming my smartphone "Palantír" etc.
    "I'm a stream of noughts and crosses in your R.A.M."

I'm a jeweler, I fix gold....
    P22 FBB with rosewood neck
    CU22 Goldtop with Graphtech Ghost
    NAMM 2003 SCT Prototype
    Paisley Dallas 1 X 12
    Taylor 410ceL2

Quote Originally Posted by Sekunda View Post
    Mine is a little more... umm, difficult to explain. In high-school my friend had this ex-girlfriend who was a total c@#t, so we started calling her sekunda-c@#t. We then wrote a song about her in my metal band and called it Sekunda. It just kinda stuck with me ever since...
    Love it! Brutal!
    '11 SC250,'12 Tremonti one-off, 2007/13 McCarty Korina,'11 Custom24 Quilted 10Top,'12 DGT w/BK Miracle Man pups,'12 Studio w/BK Cold Sweat,'07/13 Navarro w/BK Cold Sweat pups,'12 NF3, EVH 5150 Half stack, Randall Half Stack, Hughs & Kettner TubeMeister, other fiddles; Mayones, Suhr, Skervesen, Gibson, Fender, Charvel, Jackson, ESP, Dean, EVH, Taylor, GJ2, Ibanez, Carvin, Kramer, Agile & Spawn

Quote Originally Posted by HANGAR18 View Post
    I'm not only a MEGADETH fan but I also find great humor in the stories of space aliens and government conspiracy theories.
    Big fan here too....there are a few Metal Heads on here....but everyone on this forum is cool.

I have had mine since I was on AOL in the 80s
    One of my great loves in life ( Riding )
    and when I was born 12/60
    PRS Family - SCT, 408, 305, CU22, MEII
    Others LesPaul , Stratocaster , Guild
    Amps - Mesa MK2B , Egnater Tweaker 15
    Effects - Tonal Insanity Guitar Effects ( I make them ) TC Electronics Nova

My name is John. When I bought my 1st PRS and signed up for BaM, I was playing in a band called Chief Beef. I also like to eat beef and I like beefy guitar tones, and John Beef has a nice ring to it too.
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana