Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Explain Your Handle Thread

My name is Rory, I get called ro an I like chilling out and playing slow shred - slowro

My first and middle names are Stephen James and when I was younger I switched them around and shortened James to Jimmy, then decided to spell it like Hendrix because I was listening to a lot of Hendrix at the time. Now all my forum names are jimistepehen or jimi_Stephen.

Jon Van Derlim is my Dutch name..........

Long story- short, years ago me and some mates went to Amsterdam on a lads weekend and we all had to assume Dutch style names its a play on my real name with an added Dutch element.........it stuck

daft really but thats what you do when your in your early 20's
    PRS SE Custom 24 in Royal Blue
    Fender Mustang III V2
    Fender Squier Telecaster in Butterscotch Blond
    Stagg Electro Acoustic

I dig purty wood.
    Sh*tter's full

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Mine? My parents started calling me Tim years back.... just kind of stuck!!

Pure Genius!
    Fanboy of the Jester (AKA) James (Previously known as 11top)

First and last initials are MO. "Mo" is a slangier version of "more". Birds - the ones on PRS necks, of which I have more than I really need given my mediocre playing. So MOBirds (than I need) is the full intended handle, but () are not valid in handle name - and far too long to type.

Well, I wanted to be James, but that was taken, so I decided to go with Jester, but that was taken, so I looked up the Sanskrit word for smacking, but that turned out to be the same as the word for bangin' and THAT was taken, so I thought about using the first initial and last name of my high school sweetheart Janine Mintzer...

So my first name and part of my last name
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

Quote Originally Posted by markie View Post
    Pure Genius!
    Seems kind of boring though don't you think?? Maybe I shoudl have been a Kenny Lingus.... or Ron Gole or something!!

The pump don't work 'cause the vandals took my handle.
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

My name is David Jones. Many places I've worked use my first initial and last name for my login name. Sometimes when creating names for computer games, I would reverse my name to be Divad Senoj. Hence, dsenoj.

Rango - a name for a Character in a film my youngest liked at the time I signed up and a handle that wasn't taken. I used to use "Chutist" A play on the old John Wayne Movie and my occupations - Firearms Instructor and Jumpmaster... I still use that on most of the other forums.
    If I thought I was going to live this long I'd have taken better care of myself!

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Seems kind of boring though don't you think?? Maybe I shoudl have been a Kenny Lingus.... or Ron Gole or something!!
    Has Mike Hunt been used?

Mine is from my 1st email address which came from what I always saw written on the soundboard when I was recording or playing live. CR = Chris Reynolds. GTR = guitar. Not very creative but easy for me to remember.
    Chris Reynolds...Nashvegas TN
    CR Guitar Demos
    More guitars than I can afford!
    #1 fan of Doug "DA MAN" Sewell!!

Jesse Fuggin' Baker = jfb
    Plank Owner

Daniel is the name my folks gave me. They took it from the Bible or so they claim. The first BBs I was on were auto racing boards and I noticed that the people always stirring **** never used their real names while the more credible people tended to use their name and/or name and car number. I was Daniel12 there but didn't need the number here.

Back when I first ventured on to the web, Spike was still alive so I used spikedog for all my user accounts. Spikedog is often taken so I added a little James Bond to it...

BTW: Spike was named after the Tom Petty song. My current dog is named Layla, that one just came to me...

Here's a pic of Spike (Lab) and Layla (Great Dane) - both incredible dogs!

Custom 24, 5909, 305, Al Di Meola Prism, Paul's Guitar, SE Angelus
    Mesa Lonestar Special w/4x10 Mesa cab

Bill (wilerty) asked me once why my guitars had to be red.

First off, they don't. I've owned several McBurst, a purple, two raspberry, charcoal, gray/black to name a few,

But - the first electric guitar I played regularly was a loaner. An Ibanez 335 copy in red. We called it Big Red.

The first electric guitar I ever bought (kept for ~20 years) was an Electra MPC LP clone in red.

Somehow, early on - in my head guitars were just supposed to be red...

First red PRS I owned was a vintage cherry Swamp Ash Special, then a black cherry Standard 24, a vintage cherry Standard 22 Studio, ruby red burst PS HB II #935, scarlet burst 513, scarlet burst Ted McCarty Ltd, scarlet burst Custom 22 semi-hollow limited, and fire red burst Siggy Ltd...

I may have missed one or two - I used to have a list of all 21 (i think) PRS's that have gone through my hands, but I think I lost it in a computer crash. I'll have to look around.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Has Mike Hunt been used?
    Not sure... but I think someone has seen Mike Hunt
    ~ Matt

PRS HX/DA | 2x12 Stealth Cab | 2011 Stripped 58 - Angry Larry | 2000 Custom 22 - Dark Cherry Burst
    1985 Takamine GX-100 | 1993 Jackson Soloist XL Pro |Martin Acoustic | Ibanez Acoustic

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Has Mike Hunt been used?
    Yes. AND abused.
    One Life

Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post
    Yes. AND abused.

Can't figure out why my wife thinks we're childish.
    Sh*tter's full