Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So....what did you pick up at Experience?

I didn't make it this year...first time. I did, however buy a Dg30 and cab. My first time buying something at experience. Go figure.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    Sofaking Bangin'! I tried to pick up chicks, but Brent and DFD ruined it.
    Wow. You saw a chick. From all the pics I've seen it looked like a giant sausage fest.
    Well done.
    Last edited by WishICouldPlay; 09-22-2013 at 11:18 PM.

No new guitar, but a cool souvenir nonetheless!

Quote Originally Posted by hoofarted View Post
    No new guitar, but a cool souvenir nonetheless!

Are these still available online?

Quote Originally Posted by RedGuitars View Post
    Are these still available online?
    http://www.prsaccessories.com/collec...ucts/bar-stool

Nothing for me either. As it turned out, we could only stay from 11-4 Friday, and could not make Saturday. Apologies to those of you I did not say hello to. I was this close to a a HB II SC, but fortunately for my bank account, they did not have any colors that grabbed me.

No guitars or amps for me, but I did grab one of these lovely padded leather straps for my DGT. Soooooooooooo comfortable!

Check out my band, Missing Pieces!!!

2013 Wood Library DGT Armando's Amethyst - "Marie"
    2012 SE Angelus Standard - "Calvin"

Quote Originally Posted by WishICouldPlay View Post
    Wow. You saw a chick. From all the pics I've seen it looked like a giant sausage fest.
    Well done.
    They might not of been there in quantity, but they were in High Quality. There were some Babes there.
    2007 Korina McCarty Brazilian
    S2 Custom 24
    SE Bernie Marsden
    SE Custom Semi-Hollow Body
    SE245

I should probably apologize for not seeking out forum members as well, I spent most of Friday trying to find things that to photograph, that didn't have someone walk in front of me just as I got it focused. Then Saturday I was on the quest for a non-blue P24 Trem, but apparently 1) I waited too long and the black/gold all sold, and 2) I learned the international dealers scooped up most of the limited 50 stock. So it was ugly blue or nothing, and I learned from Shawn that refinishes are ~$1200 so it was nothing in the end. Sorry I was preoccupied a bit, but even sorrier I couldn't score a P24t. Here's hoping they release a standard model with additional colors in the spring!

BTW - what happened to the Foosball Throwdown??? I did swing by the table frequently and the leader board was blank the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by MOBirds View Post
    I should probably apologize for not seeking out forum members as well, I spent most of Friday trying to find things that to photograph, that didn't have someone walk in front of me just as I got it focused. Then Saturday I was on the quest for a non-blue P24 Trem, but apparently 1) I waited too long and the black/gold all sold, and 2) I learned the international dealers scooped up most of the limited 50 stock. So it was ugly blue or nothing, and I learned from Shawn that refinishes are ~$1200 so it was nothing in the end. Sorry I was preoccupied a bit, but even sorrier I couldn't score a P24t. Here's hoping they release a standard model with additional colors in the spring!

BTW - what happened to the Foosball Throwdown??? I did swing by the table frequently and the leader board was blank the whole time.
    A black gold and black cherry might still be available at sweetwater.com

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/sear...experience+p24

Quote Originally Posted by MOBirds View Post

It all went down later on Saturday at the foosball table. Not sure who won it all, just gonna guess Hans and Shawn? I hit the bar down the road right when it started pouring rain to catch a little Badger football.

Quote Originally Posted by vchizzle View Post
    It all went down later on Saturday at the foosball table. Not sure who won it all, just gonna guess Hans and Shawn? I hit the bar down the road right when it started pouring rain to catch a little Badger football.
    Definitely was Hans and Shawn. A couple close ones but they won in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by WishICouldPlay View Post
    Well done.
    Experience is most definitely a sausage fest, but I can verify that the gal manning the BBQ truck on Friday was a bonafide looker...

Quote Originally Posted by geese_com View Post
    Definitely was Hans and Shawn. A couple close ones but they won in the end.
    Doesn't matter. In the end Sergio and I were the "First Place Champions". (Brilliant strategy partner.).

I picked this bad boy up from JD at Guitar Maverick. First let me say JD is absolutely awesome to work with. He took great care of me. I recommend you all give him a shout if you're in the market. I believe his rep is Jim(if I got that wrong please correct me) who is one cool dude. The PRS folks got it all packed up nice and neat for me..one of the employees(can't remember his name but THANK YOU) wheeled it all over God's country until they found me and my car...Shawn personally took care of making sure I got it in the trunk safe and sound.

1X12 HXDA 30 watt combo...with a V30. Sounds killer....Took me a little to get it dialed in exactly the way I like it...found the sweet spot for me (first two switches down in DA last switch up to HX...bass gain up higher than treble gain...mostly because of the new V30 and the open back nature of the combo)...as Sergio would say..."It's BANGIN!!!!!!!!!!" Taking it to band practice tonight!!!!!

I also picked up a few shirts and a new guitar strap. Spent some time talking to Len when I got the extras...one of the nicest people around.

Can't forget to mention Mark and Steve...both were very generous and gave me their PRS experience goodie bags to give to my two boys!!! Thanks again guys...you rock!!!!

Also...Thanks to Kerry and Hans for the BREWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and Jeff and his bride for their amazing hospitality!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Dirty Bob; 09-23-2013 at 11:32 AM.
    -Bob

Sweet get, Bob!
    I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken...

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyMoonsRJT View Post

I picked this bad boy up from JD at Guitar Maverick. First let me say JD is absolutely awesome to work with. He took great care of me. I recommend you all give him a shout if you're in the market. I believe his rep is Jim(if I got that wrong please correct me) who is one cool dude. The PRS folks got it all packed up nice and neat for me..one of the employees(can't remember his name but THANK YOU) wheeled it all over God's country until they found me and my car...Shawn personally took care of making sure I got it in the trunk safe and sound.

1X12 HXDA 30 watt combo...with a V30. Sounds killer....Took me a little to get it dialed in exactly the way I like it...found the sweet spot for me (first two switches down in DA last switch up to HX...bass gain up higher than treble gain...mostly because of the new V30 and the open back nature of the combo)...as Sergio would say..."It's BANGIN!!!!!!!!!!" Taking it to band practice tonight!!!!!

I also picked up a few shirts and a new guitar strap. Spent some time talking to Len when I got the extras...one of the nicest people around.

Can't forget to mention Mark and Steve...both were very generous and gave me their PRS experience goodie bags to give to my two boys!!! Thanks again guys...you rock!!!!

Congrats to you, brother! Glad you got it dialed in the right way...

1X12 HXDA 30 watt combo...with a V30.
    Nice score! Hope you enjoy that bad boy...
    ~ Matt

Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    Son, the HX/DA is a man's amp. One channel, not two, 50 watts of red hot glass crankin' out a tone that's big as...well...it's big.

That's a great sounding amp Bob! Congrats!

my ears are still ringing!

Chris Reynolds...Nashvegas TN
    CR Guitar Demos
    More guitars than I can afford!
    #1 fan of Doug "DA MAN" Sewell!!

Thanks guys! Yeah it sounds amazing. I believe they bring the plate voltage down to 300 volts or so to make it work. When we unboxed it at Jeff's I was a bit surprised at how bright it was when we initially dialed it in. After taking the time to get to know the tone stack I have it figured out...man this thing can get sparkling cleans to ballsout gain!!! Gets this amazing smooth liquid...syrupy lead tone. Rocker for sure!!! And it gets LOUD...but has a ridiculously good MV...so really stoked for this evening with the band.

Chris, Bri, Jeff, and Kerry also took turns playing through it Friday night when we got back to Jeff's....with and without pedals(takes them like a champ)...I can tell you all that we have some seriously talented guitarists in our midst!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Dirty Bob; 09-23-2013 at 02:57 PM.
    -Bob