Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: So....what did you pick up at Experience?

Quote Originally Posted by wardog View Post
    this one got away!!!

But this one came home
    Super nice! How's that one playing and sounding?
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

The Private Stock that I picked out wood for at the Experience is closer to here. It showed up on Facebook last week. Its on the left. Maybe, it will make it to Texas before Thanksgiving and here before Christmas.
    Last edited by Dancing Frog; 11-27-2013 at 11:09 AM.

Duuuuuuude!

man, with all those buttons, does it shoot out an oil slick if somebody is following you??? NICE 513...love them...What will it have besides Piezo???

That looks awesome Dancing Frog! Love that color on the 513.

DGT Club Vice President
    Holy cow! That's just incredible! I love the color!

mgd

DGTs

Quote Originally Posted by Bill SAS 513 View Post
    man, with all those buttons, does it shoot out an oil slick if somebody is following you??? NICE 513...love them...What will it have besides Piezo???
    It's the Spy Hunter version with guns and missiles that turns into a boat.

Actually, it was designed to be a better Variax which is specifically what I need for the musical theater shows I play. So, it has a Graphtec Ghost System with the Acoustophonic and MIDI Hexpander boards built in. The extra knobs and switches are for controlling the Piezo and the VG-99. So, one can use it as either a guitar with a Piezo or a MIDI guitar.

It also should have a Tremol-No, because you can't stop and change strings during a show or have room for an additional back up instrument. For playability, it should have a DGT neck carve which I find most comfy. It's also a supposed be a 515, not a 513. The middle position of the 5 way should be neck and bridge for all pick up configurations.

The color and top figure was based on Hubble Space Telescope photographs of nebulae. I thought it originally would have to be a custom color, but PRS just happened to have introduced a color at the time that was a near perfect match, Pomegranate Glow.
    Last edited by Dancing Frog; 11-27-2013 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Frog View Post
    The Private Stock that I picked out wood for at the Experience for is closer to here. It showed up on Facebook last week. Its on the left. Maybe, it will make it to Texas before Thanksgiving and here before Christmas.
    I saw that guitar in person last week my friend and you are going to be estatic with it! It's quite a feat.
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by themike View Post
    I saw that guitar in person last week my friend and you are going to be estatic with it! It's quite a feat.
    So, it's completely in one piece then? Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Frog View Post
    The Private Stock that I picked out wood for at the Experience is closer to here. It showed up on Facebook last week. Its on the left. Maybe, it will make it to Texas before Thanksgiving and here before Christmas.
    Wow. This is win.
    Plank Owner