Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Alter Bridge Album streaming now

First time I've really had a chance to listen to the new AB. Let me say this:

Bada$$!!!!
    Sh*tter's full

Quote Originally Posted by 11top View Post
    First time I've really had a chance to listen to the new AB. Let me say this:

Bada$$!!!!
    Yep.

I love Tremonti's solo album, but Myles has THAT kind of voice. Takes it to a whole different level.

Hell, it even got me to listen to GnR songs!
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

Quote Originally Posted by alantig View Post

Ha!
    Sh*tter's full

Quote Originally Posted by alantig View Post
    Yep.

I love Tremonti's solo album, but Myles has THAT kind of voice. Takes it to a whole different level.

Plank Owner

Looks like I am getting a new MP3 album today.
    http://www.amazon.com/Fortress-Alter...ridge+fortress

Thanks for posting up the stream.

PS, read a few reviews over on Amazon, and this is a very well received album, and some think it is the best metal one out right now.
    Installed on my PC, now I need to update a few iPods.
    Should be on my Kindle Fire and Droid by now too, they auto download it from the Amazon Cloud.
    This is why I like Amazon over iTunes for getting my MP3s.

I downloaded the album a couple weeks ago... WOW. What a monster. Killer riffs, vocals, the solos are soulful and not just about speed... and sweet moses, those DRUMS! They sound like very "live" for a studio album, and they really bring the thunder.
    -I'm no expert, but it seems to work and I haven't electrocuted myself yet. Which is pretty much the standard I live by.

S2 Custom 22 Semi-Hollow - SE Akesson+57/08's - SE Custom 24 25th Anniversary - SE 30 Head/Cab

Quote Originally Posted by andy474x View Post
    I downloaded the album a couple weeks ago... WOW. What a monster. Killer riffs, vocals, the solos are soulful and not just about speed... and sweet moses, those DRUMS! They sound like very "live" for a studio album, and they really bring the thunder.
    And good songs. I haven't looked at the credits (since I down loaded), but I think Tremonti's a really good writer.
    Sh*tter's full

It's probably the best metal album I've ever listened to. Not too long to be exhausting for the ears, and not too many songs on fast thrashy stuff. Just the perfect amount of slow-rockers and speedy-riffers. I find the album to be the perfect all-rounder album, because it brings in many different flavours of metal, diversity is what I love. There's really no other bands that could match Alter Bridge for versatility, at least for this album. They've really pushed past their old boundaries, just like how each of their preceding albums reinvent their music style over and over again. Now I'm wondering how their future album will sound like.

I listened to the first four songs on my commute into work this morning, very nice.

I read on one of the Amazon reviews of this new album that Miles has been teaching Mark to do slower leads too instead of faster shredding, and I heard a few slower riffs this morning.
    Not that there is nothing wrong with faster riffing
    I heard the distinctive Mark chugging/riff style too, very nice.

Which PRS guitar does Myles play, a Custom 24?
    Never seen it up close yet.

Quote Originally Posted by CoreyT View Post
    Which PRS guitar does Myles play, a Custom 24?
    Never seen it up close yet.
    Not sure what he's playing now, but he was one of the endorsers on the model that was endorsed by multiple guys (the name is totally vapor-locked on me right now - help me out peoples!).
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

Senior Member Todd_FindingMyWay's Avatar
    An interesting Tremonti tidbit that Paul shared during his visit to CT about a month ago..
    He said Tremonti was the only one he knows of that has sent one of his guitars back to him because the frets were obliterated by his amount of practicing/playing...
    Begin the day with a friendly voice, a companion unobstrusive..