Thread: 2012 swampash studio?

2012 swampash studio?

Hi guys!Im a big fan of the studio model and the pickup configuration.Now i see on Youtube a 2012 swampash studio with same pickup config.Was that a limited run or was it a 2012 core model?It sounds fantastic!Btw i found a good sounding video for the studio model
    I de-modded my CU22 soapbar and made a factory spec setup.Im in love again.I very much believe now PRS guitars are perfect as they are.

My dreamguitar for the moment
    Last edited by swede71; 09-25-2013 at 05:11 PM.
    I de-modded my CU22 soapbar and made a factory spec setup.Im in love again.I very much believe now PRS guitars are perfect as they are.

Limited run or 2012 core model? I'm going to say... both!

Was that the pickup config of the 2012 SAS?

Studio = Core model, Mahogany w/maple top, Pattern thin or Pattern neck
    Swamp Ash Studio = Swamp Ash body, bolt on Pattern Regular maple neck/fingerboard

Both have 57/08 bridge and 57/08NF middle and neck pups.

I had a Swamp Ash Studio and it was a great guitar! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20Xp51p5ZLU

I had one too and loved it, except for the jumbo frets and narrow nut width. Sounded great/very versatile, but definitely closer to a Strat. Here's a demo I did of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOeDUVUAP0I

Cool videos guys!Definitely a guitar for me.My next PRS will be a bolt-on model and this is the model i like the most.