Thread: I Dunno, Let's Go To A Western!

I Dunno, Let's Go To A Western!

I had a recent request from our publisher to create a short, traditional Western Theme, in the old 50s movie style.

This is more in my wheelhouse than playing guitar, so without further ado, here's 35 seconds of old-fashioned Western fun! (Listen on decent speakers, sucks on a laptop):

I replaced with a better mix:

https://soundcloud.com/lschefman/western-theme-master-3
    Last edited by LSchefman; 09-26-2013 at 10:12 PM.
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

Nice ................... Big Valley Vibe!
    Fanboy of the Jester (AKA) James (Previously known as 11top)

Pretty cool!
    ---Jamie---

My Gear

You're a talented guy, Les.
    One Life

Thanks guys! I had some time last night, and decided to just bang it out. It was a heck of a lot of fun. What I was seeing in my head was those intro scenes in classic 50s Westerns where you'd see a sweeping shot of the prairie, and a huge cattle drive would get moving. Yee ha!

Of course, I'll be lucky if this track winds up on a lame steak house or baked beans commercial. LOL!

Actually, I should have spent a little more time refining the melody and the orchestration before recording the parts, especially at the final transposition, and should have created a bigger ending, but it was already over 30 seconds, and as it is I'll have to do some chopping to make a commercial out of it. So probably not worth fussing over unless a client gets interested.
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

You nailed it. Guy who works behind me wanted to know which western I was watching on my IPad. I told him it was Hop-a-long Schefman.

Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    I had a recent request from our publisher to create a short, traditional Western Theme, in the old 50s movie style.

This is more in my wheelhouse than playing guitar, so without further ado, here's 35 seconds of old-fashioned Western fun! (Listen on decent speakers, sucks on a laptop):

https://soundcloud.com/lschefman/western-theme
    Yee Haw, Les. Lots of Western flavor!
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!

sɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

Great job Les! I envisioned Little Joe and Hoss struggling to round up a wayward calf or fix a broken wagon wheel.

You wrote me a theme song?! Thanks Les.

BRB robbing a stage coach.
    Plank Owner

Awesome! Makes me want to watch "Blazing Saddles!"

"What?"
    "I said the sheriff is near"

~ Matt

PRS HX/DA | 2x12 Stealth Cab | 2011 Stripped 58 - Angry Larry | 2000 Custom 22 - Dark Cherry Burst
    1985 Takamine GX-100 | 1993 Jackson Soloist XL Pro |Martin Acoustic | Ibanez Acoustic

Bangin'.

Thx, guys. Remixed it, and I noticed there was some low end distortion in the earlier master. This is better.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

Very cool!
    Chris Reynolds...Nashvegas TN
    CR Guitar Demos
    More guitars than I can afford!
    #1 fan of Doug "DA MAN" Sewell!!