Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 53

Thread: I'm totally buying a guitar this week... I can feel it.

  1. #1
    Senior Member sergiodeblanc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Downers Grove Il.
    Posts
    5,159

    I'm totally buying a guitar this week... I can feel it.

    I would say that I'm buying a PRS but that should already be implied, considering the fact that I think other guitars are just stupid.

    I want something new to fill that hole in my life that can only be quenched by some good old fashioned consumerism. I know it's coming from the base reptilian part of my brain and that I'm just allowing myself to be susceptible to the urge of mindless spending so it won't be anything too lavish.. but still, I can feel it coming.

    I'm not sure why, but over the last few months there really haven't been too many beater PRS around. Perhaps it's just because guys have been gigging with them over the summer or have been too busy with outdoor activities, but there seems to be an influx of reasonably priced PRS as of late... and I want one.

    There really isn't anybody else in my life that I can say this to without them passing judgement on me and asking "why?", or "don't you have enough already?" So I'm lookin' for some support over here. A new (to me) guitar is always a good idea right? I mean, I deserve one, I spent all last week not working and lookin' at PRS, drinking in Annapolis, trying to convince a few of you guys into guitars and I didn't buy one.

    How is Vaughn gonna pull the trigger on that Clint Lowery if I don't get somethin' first? Rob looked on in envy as his niece bought her first electric guitar... In the color he wanted! Jesse has probably gone three days already without ordering a new PS! I gotta do it, Right?! If not for me then I should do it for the rest of you guys.. That's it, it would be good for the community.. Hell, it's not even about me anymore. I should do it for the starving children in Africa... or as an act of solidarity for the troops.. or for... Ahh.. umm.. Treat Yo'self!!



  2. #2
    Do it for your country.

    One Life

  3. #3
    Happy Egads's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Posts
    1,809
    Sergio, I hate to be the voice of reason, but I think it's time you took a step back (from that strawberry daiquiri), and really considered your needs at this point in your life (Brent Mason). There are times to buy guitars (now) and times to save and plan for the future (or so I hear). Take stock of your life (and guitar collection) and look deep into yourself (and eBay). Figure out what you really need in your life to make you happy (more daiquiri and a Brent Mason). It's not always about consumerism (but sometimes it is).

    Oh, by the way, a big online retailer in the heartland has a white Brent Mason...and 24 month same as cash!

  4. #4
    Auth. PRS Dealer Brian G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Hamden, CT
    Posts
    459
    Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    I would say that I'm buying a PRS but that should already be implied, considering the fact that I think other guitars are just stupid.
    Haha, hilarious

  5. #5
    Senior Member wardog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Belleville, MI
    Posts
    324
    Quote Originally Posted by Egads View Post
    Sergio, I hate to be the voice of reason, but I think it's time you took a step back (from that strawberry daiquiri), and really considered your needs at this point in your life (Brent Mason). There are times to buy guitars (now) and times to save and plan for the future (or so I hear). Take stock of your life (and guitar collection) and look deep into yourself (and eBay). Figure out what you really need in your life to make you happy (more daiquiri and a Brent Mason). It's not always about consumerism (but sometimes it is).

    Oh, by the way, a big online retailer in the heartland has a white Brent Mason...and 24 month same as cash!

  6. #6
    A♥ hoards guitars A♥ rugerpc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    deep in the raspberry...
    Posts
    2,917
    I'm totally down with this idea. Do it for the talentless doc in Carroll County!

    I sooooo live vicariously through other member's NGDs......
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!

    sɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

  7. #7
    Senior Member sergiodeblanc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Downers Grove Il.
    Posts
    5,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Egads View Post
    Sergio, I hate to be the voice of reason, but I think it's time you took a step back (from that strawberry daiquiri), and really considered your needs at this point in your life (Brent Mason). There are times to buy guitars (now) and times to save and plan for the future (or so I hear). Take stock of your life (and guitar collection) and look deep into yourself (and eBay). Figure out what you really need in your life to make you happy (more daiquiri and a Brent Mason). It's not always about consumerism (but sometimes it is).

    Oh, by the way, a big online retailer in the heartland has a white Brent Mason...and 24 month same as cash!

    I'm not going "Brent" but it's fo' sho' gonna be on the Fender side of PRS. I was drinkin' margaritas on ebay last night and came across somethin' broken, gold, local, with four bolts, and right up my alley. I ain't even afraid to mention it here, go ahead lurkers... bid me up! I'ma make it rain!!!!

  8. #8
    My name be scrambled ElrytNamrogo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    424
    Quote Originally Posted by rugerpc View Post
    I'm totally down with this idea. Do it for the talentless doc in Carroll County!

    I sooooo live vicariously through other member's NGDs......
    I second this...in fact, my brother / band-mate is in dire need of a new guitar and it looks like my powers of persuasion (well really just stating obvious facts and reasons as to why PRS should be his first choice) he has decided to purchase his first PRS. He hasn't decided a model yet, but wants PRS. So I get to go "hunting" for his next guitar. Since I'm not really in a position to purchase another one myself, I get to feed some of my own guitar addiction through helping my brother find his first.
    Last edited by ElrytNamrogo; 09-30-2013 at 02:11 PM.
    --Tyler G--
    2012 PRS Custom 24
    - Burnt Maple Leaf 10-top
    2008 PRS Custom 22 - Santana Yellow - Rosewood Neck - 10-top
    PRS SE Singlecut Trem - Tobacco Sunburst -Grover Locking Tuners - Bareknuckle Rebel Yells - Push/Pull Volume and Tone - Graphtech Self Lubricating nut

  9. #9
    Senior Member jfb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    O'Fallon, MO
    Posts
    4,831
    I just found this coupon in the trash. Looks like it's only good for someone named Sergio...that's odd...

    Plank Owner

  10. #10
    Senior Member andy474x's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    974
    Treat yo self!!! Hahaha love that clip
    -I'm no expert, but it seems to work and I haven't electrocuted myself yet. Which is pretty much the standard I live by.

    SE Custom 24 25th Anniversary - SE Akesson+57/08's - SE 30 Head/Cab

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Manchester, Maryland
    Posts
    535
    Oh hell yes everybody's doin' it!! and nice coupon Jesse...let me know if you find any more of them!!!
    Last edited by Bill SAS 513; 09-30-2013 at 02:25 PM.

  12. #12
    Dew Itt.
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

  13. #13
    Member RichardJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The land of wine and cheese
    Posts
    182
    My friend Sergio (if I may be so bold), doing this can only benefit your personal Karma. I would however, from personal experience, humbly suggest seeking out one of the 'X' series. There seem to be some who don't like them on principle. The reality of the feel and tone is quite astonishing, IMHO. Besides, think of all of the daiquiris that the change will buy to celebrate!

  14. #14
    Plank Spanker justmund's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Down under, down under
    Posts
    1,536
    Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    I was drinkin' margaritas on ebay last night and came across somethin' broken, gold, local, with four bolts, and right up my alley.
    Nice find! Do you think those cracks are really just cosmetic? (not that it matters to you!)

  15. #15
    Almost was a FG22 owner.. WEDGE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Too close to the casinos in CT.........
    Posts
    1,548
    I can't wait to read your NGD post.
    ​Secretary of Crackwood Addiction

  16. #16
    Senior Member Rider1260's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    329
    BUY IT , FIX IT and bring it over !!!!
    I have beer
    PRS Family - SCT, 408, 305, CU22, MEII
    Others LesPaul , Stratocaster , Guild
    Amps - Mesa MK2B , Egnater Tweaker 15
    Effects - Tonal Insanity Guitar Effects ( I make them ) TC Electronics Nova

  17. #17
    Senior Member sergiodeblanc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Downers Grove Il.
    Posts
    5,159
    Quote Originally Posted by jfb View Post

    Round trip to STL sounds like the only choice, besides I know we'll go through more than two bottles.

    Quote Originally Posted by RichardJ View Post
    My friend Sergio (if I may be so bold), doing this can only benefit your personal Karma. I would however, from personal experience, humbly suggest seeking out one of the 'X' series. There seem to be some who don't like them on principle. The reality of the feel and tone is quite astonishing, IMHO. Besides, think of all of the daiquiris that the change will buy to celebrate!
    I'm all about finding an X one of these days! The flat top on my SE "O" has me diggin' that style.

    Quote Originally Posted by justmund View Post
    Do you think those cracks are really just cosmetic? (not that it matters to you!)
    Those cracks have gotta be more than cosmetic, I know it, you know it, and ol' boy knows it too. That guitar is jacked! Somebody would have to be brave, stupid, or both to buy that guitar... Luckily for him I'm both... or all three?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rider1260 View Post
    BUY IT , FIX IT and bring it over !!!!
    I have beer
    Word!!!

  18. #18
    Senior Member vchizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    2,182
    Can't wait to see this.

  19. #19
    Senior Member jfb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    O'Fallon, MO
    Posts
    4,831
    Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    Round trip to STL sounds like the only choice, besides I know we'll go through more than two bottles.



    I'm all about finding an X one of these days! The flat top on my SE "O" has me diggin' that style.



    Those cracks have gotta be more than cosmetic, I know it, you know it, and ol' boy knows it too. That guitar is jacked! Somebody would have to be brave, stupid, or both to buy that guitar... Luckily for him I'm both... or all three?



    Word!!!
    Cool. STL it is then. When I see a guitar...
    Plank Owner

  20. #20
    SuperD Boogie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Indy, IN
    Posts
    1,100
    All your (busted-a$$ed) PRSi belonging to him.

    Serg, you are the Robin Hood of PRSi...bringing hope to the down-trodden PRSi of the world. And it is a better world because of you.

    You have the technology...you can rebuild it...the $500 (million) PRSi.

    Just do it.
    + '01 Custom 24 + '11 DGT Standard (Mr. Clean) + '09 SE One + Super Dallas + Stealth 2x12+

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •