Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gov't Shutdown - Have You Been Furloughed?

Gov't Shutdown - Have You Been Furloughed?

I have no desire to start a political discussion. I'm just curious if there's anyone else on the forum who's been affected by the government shutdown. I've been furloughed indefinitely, and won't be back to work until an appropriations bill is passed and approved. Has anyone else been subjected to the current unpaid vacation? If so, what are you doing with your down time?
    Heh...check it out. Under my name, it says "member".

I have been deemed essential, so I am required to work but will not receieve any pay until the situation is rectified. Hope everything pans out OK with you.
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

Quote Originally Posted by themike View Post
    I have been deemed essential.

I have been deemed essential, so I am required to work but will not receieve any pay until the situation is rectified. Hope everything pans out OK with you.
    Same for me.
    On both counts
    If I thought I was going to live this long I'd have taken better care of myself!

What a crappy situation. Here's hoping for a quick resolution.
    --Garrett--

Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    What a crappy situation. Here's hoping for a quick resolution.
    Agreed! It'll kill me bill wise if it lasts much longer but at least I am only responsible for myself. I feel terrible for those supporting a family

Quote Originally Posted by QueenCityGuitars View Post
    Ohhhhhh, you! haha

My agency's leadership has indicated to us that they don't foresee a quick resolution to this. We've got two weeks until the next "fiscal cliff" issue - the debt ceiling. All present indications are that it'll be the same song and dance with regard to the debt limit. Most of what's been put forward would only get us through the end of October or middle of November anyway, so we might be facing this again in another month's time.

I'm a single parent with a kid in elementary school; this is having real and immediate impact for me. We were told that we're eligible for unemployment, but because we're technically still employed, that situation gets a bit messy. Hey, at least I have a shiny new PRS to keep me occupied and and distracted for a spell.
    Heh...check it out. Under my name, it says "member".

Rock-out witcha cock out ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! 's Avatar
    Things should get interesting in Colorado Springs. According to our local paper, we're the most heavily affected city in the US.

Positive energy for those of you who are at risk.

http://gazette.com/were-no.-1-colora...rticle/1507111
    One Life

I'm up to my eyeballs with work right now... we must be living in backwards world! I expect to see a bunch of pool time and margarita photos/posts from you guys.

Yes indeed, my wife with 23 years of service with ICE is at home intercepting all of my under the radar guitar packages! Bad enough she's not getting paid, but now I'm forced to go on hard pause with my GAS.
    2013 HB II Artist, '11 SC 58 Artist, '14 Custom 24 10Top Floyd, '12 Tremonti one-off, 2007/13 McCarty Korina,'11 Custom24 Quilted 10Top,'12 DGT w/BK Miracle Man pups,'12 Studio w/BK Cold Sweat,'07/13 Navarro w/BK Cold Sweat pups,'12 NF3, '09 Tremonti SE, EVH 5150 Half stack, Randall Half Stack, Hughs & Kettner TubeMeister, other fiddles; Suhr, Gibson, Fender, Charvel, Jackson, ESP, Dean, EVH, Taylor, GJ2, Ibanez, Kramer, Agile & Spawn

Quote Originally Posted by Raven17 View Post
    Yes indeed, my wife with 23 years of service with ICE is at home intercepting all of my under the radar guitar packages! Bad enough she's not getting paid, but now I'm forced to go on hard pause with my GAS.
    Real world consequences!!!! Those folks better straighten this mess out!

I am in the same boat as "The Mike". I too, hope we all see this through soon.

I can't say what I want to say about this without violating Forum rules, so I'll say the next best thing.

squirt

On a non-political front, I'm hoping all those affected in the paycheck or by loss of services make it through this (squirt, squirt, redacted text, self-censure, omitted and edited text) without too much harm.
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!
    Lexicon
    sɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

Ah, that stinks. Is she an SA or does she work on the administrative end? Either way hope everything blows over soon for everyones sake.

It really hurts because we just got over the last round Furlough... My wife and I are both Federal, so it's twice the hit.
    If I thought I was going to live this long I'd have taken better care of myself!

I got your back. Just ship them to my house, bring over a guitar for me to try since I still can't decide what I want to buy, then take your stuff home. You can even tell her the new stuff is mine and your just borrowing it.

DISCLAIMER: I do not recommend lying to your wife or assume any responsibility for the ramifications of doing so.

I work in Manufacturing. The Gub has been sending us furloughs on a consistent basis since 1986
    Fanboy of the Jester (AKA) James (Previously known as 11top)

Quote Originally Posted by markie View Post
    I work in Manufacturing. The Gub has been sending us furloughs on a consistent basis since 1986
    Must've gotten the idea from Ferris Bueller's Day Off or something.
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

I'll admit I didn't really understand what was going on here. Here's the Aussie news explanation:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-10-0...4993530?pfm=ms

OK I get it now, especially the last part.

I hope it works out for you dudes and dudettes, this whole deal blows.

I find the concept of being important enough to have to work, but not important enough to get paid for it quite...

better keep my mouth shut.