Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gov't Shutdown - Have You Been Furloughed?

I wish!

Quote Originally Posted by veinbuster View Post
    I find the concept of being important enough to have to work, but not important enough to get paid for it quite...

better keep my mouth shut.
    Its morally confusing, that's for sure. Pay freeze, no raises, no over time and a ton of other things have been drawbacks for years but I work where I do because its a group of good people doing good things for our community and nation. Sadly... now, at the end of the day, here we are and who is there to back us up? I need to get my application in for roughcut at PRS, STAT! aha
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

Quote Originally Posted by veinbuster View Post
    I find the concept of being important enough to have to work, but not important enough to get paid for it quite...

better keep my mouth shut.

he he he....this x 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0
    -Bob

Quote Originally Posted by themike View Post
    Its morally confusing, that's for sure. Pay freeze, no raises, no over time and a ton of other things have been drawbacks for years but I work where I do because its a group of good people doing good things for our community and nation. Sadly... now, at the end of the day, here we are and who is there to back us up? I need to get my application in for roughcut at PRS, STAT! aha
    Let's start a Carcass tribute band.
    Plank Owner

I have been deemed essential, so I am required to work but will not receieve any pay until the situation is rectified. Hope everything pans out OK with you.
    Well, when you accepted the position of Undersecretary Of Homeland Sevenstrings, you knew what you were getting into!

I feel for you guys - layoffs are no fun, especially because the affected are rarely the cause. I've been lucky in that I've only been through it once, but my wife has been laid off three or four times from the same company.

+1 on the Carcass tribute band!
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

Congress' approval rating is 10%.

I'm going to guess that the ten percent of the population that is under the age of nine are the ones that approve of Congress.
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

I am furloughed too. Any one need a vibroacoustic analyst on a temp basis?

I won't say I approve of congress, but my lack of approval doesn't stop with congress. I do feel for those who are effected in the pocket book.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Frog View Post
    I am furloughed too. Any one need a vibroacoustic analyst on a temp basis?
    Just curious, have you ever worked with the "I-deas" software? I still work on the "I-deas Test" portion and had co-workers doing lost of vibroacoustic work - developing software and doing analysis work at SDRC (now Siemens).
    Custom 24, 5909, 305, Al Di Meola Prism, Paul's Guitar, SE Angelus
    Mesa Lonestar Special w/4x10 Mesa cab

I'm in for the Carcass tribute, but only if I'm allowed to have a side project that's a Megadeth tribute band.
    Heh...check it out. Under my name, it says "member".

Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    Congress' approval rating is 10%.
    Carcass' approval rating is 100%,

Quote Originally Posted by alantig View Post
    Well, when you accepted the position of Undersecretary Of Homeland Sevenstrings, you knew what you were getting into! +1 on the Carcass tribute band!
    We must uphold the honor of all those who have chosen to give up the ease and convienience of getting any guitar they want to bear the very limited, yet potent extendend range of a 7. Hail the low B!
    Last edited by themike; 10-03-2013 at 09:10 AM.
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

Carcass' approval rating is 100%,
    Excellent.
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Spikedog007 View Post
    Just curious, have you ever worked with the "I-deas" software? I still work on the "I-deas Test" portion and had co-workers doing lost of vibroacoustic work - developing software and doing analysis work at SDRC (now Siemens).
    Yes. I used it for about 5 years 10 or so years ago when we were still an SGI/Unix shop. I worked with the FE analysis portion before we moved to ProE and FEMAP. If we hadn't been forced to switch because of budgetary issues, I'd still be using it. It had some very powerful model building tools. If we hadn't changed over, I'd probably be using some portion of the acoustics module right now.
    Last edited by Dancing Frog; 10-03-2013 at 10:35 AM.

+1
    If I thought I was going to live this long I'd have taken better care of myself!

Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Frog View Post
    Yes. I used it for about 5 years 10 or so years ago when we were still an SGI/Unix shop. I worked with the FE analysis portion before we moved to ProE and FEMAP. If we hadn't been forced to switch because of budgetary issues, I'd still be using it. It had some very powerful model building tools. If we hadn't changed over, I'd probably be using some portion of the acoustics module right now.
    Nearly all of the I-deas functionality, including all of simulation, has been transferred over to the NX platform and that's the 'go forward' solution being offered by Seimens but there are still a ton of I-deas users out there. I still work with it daily and although I never worked on the simulation side, I work with correlating the FE models with Test models all the time. If you ever get to scope a replacment product, definitely check out NX, the majority of the old I-deas developers are now working on that product; that's especially true for the simulation portion.
    Custom 24, 5909, 305, Al Di Meola Prism, Paul's Guitar, SE Angelus
    Mesa Lonestar Special w/4x10 Mesa cab