Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 77 of 77

Thread: The Official 'Collection Series' Thread

  1. #61
    408 Sig Club President Twinfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    451
    No chance I'm afraid!

  2. #62
    Junior Member kukumba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    North East
    Posts
    38
    It's true, once you play a collection guitar it kind of reduces or eliminates your PRS GAS. These guitars are so different and great that nothing seems to compare. When I was at the 2013 PRS Experience I mentioned this to a couple guys that work in the final assembly area. They both agreed that they felt the same way about how great the collection guitars are. The bottom line is that every private stock I play has similar magic. It's just a great guitar!

  3. #63
    Senior Member veinbuster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    GTA, or PA, or vacation
    Posts
    2,084
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinfan View Post
    No chance I'm afraid!
    I was pretty sure that was the answer, but a guy can always dream. Maybe someone else will grow less attached to their's.

  4. #64
    408 Sig Club President Twinfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    451
    By my calculations there are only 7 or 8 International Collection Vs out there, so you may have quite a wait for one to come up for sale!!!

  5. #65
    408 Sig Club President Twinfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    451
    Quote Originally Posted by kukumba View Post
    The bottom line is that every private stock I play has similar magic. It's just a great guitar!
    For me, the Collections are a step above PS. I have three other PS and the Collection V is the "best" of the bunch in every way.

  6. #66
    Senior Member jfb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    O'Fallon, MO
    Posts
    4,830
    Some of the most rad guitars I've ever played were Collection Series instruments. I'm normally not a big fan of Rosewood necks but the Coral Snake McCarty 408 I played was life altering. The Collection DGT I played was also the same experience. I think those Celtic Knots are some ancient X-Files action and alter your mind to believe that you're holding the best guitar ever made. That or they simply are. I'm going with X-Files!!!
    Plank Owner

  7. #67
    Senior Member veinbuster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    GTA, or PA, or vacation
    Posts
    2,084
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinfan View Post
    By my calculations there are only 7 or 8 International Collection Vs out there, so you may have quite a wait for one to come up for sale!!!
    I'm sure there are no more than that, but I am very patient. If I was a betting man, I would predict it might take 7-8 years before one shows up.

  8. #68
    408 Sig Club President Twinfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    451
    I'm not sure why it's listed as Coral Snake in a few places? The colour of the V is Blue Tourmaline with Smoked Burst...

  9. #69
    Senior Member jfb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    O'Fallon, MO
    Posts
    4,830
    Quote Originally Posted by veinbuster View Post
    I'm sure there are no more than that, but I am very patient. If I was a betting man, I would predict it might take 7-8 years before one shows up.
    In the meantime I know where you can get International BRW neck/board guitars.
    Plank Owner

  10. #70
    Senior Member jfb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    O'Fallon, MO
    Posts
    4,830
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinfan View Post
    I'm not sure why it's listed as Coral Snake in a few places? The colour of the V is Blue Tourmaline with Smoked Burst...
    That's for the update. I was unaware of the different name. Note made.
    Plank Owner

  11. #71
    Senior Member veinbuster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    GTA, or PA, or vacation
    Posts
    2,084
    Quote Originally Posted by jfb View Post
    In the meantime I know where you can get International BRW neck/board guitars.
    Not for me. Perny V is the one, though I might try another perny while I wait.

  12. #72
    Senior Member jfb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    O'Fallon, MO
    Posts
    4,830
    Quote Originally Posted by veinbuster View Post
    Not for me. Perny V is the one, though I might try another perny while I wait.
    I am also being bit by the Perny bug.
    Plank Owner

  13. #73
    408 Sig Club President Twinfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    451
    I have a couple of Pernys and wish I could get more...

  14. #74
    Senior Member jfb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    O'Fallon, MO
    Posts
    4,830
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinfan View Post
    I have a couple of Pernys and wish I could get more...
    Good luck with the search.
    Plank Owner

  15. #75
    408 Sig Club President Twinfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    451
    Thanks - they're pretty rare here in the UK...

  16. #76
    Senior Member geese_com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    768
    If anyone finds any please let me know!

  17. #77
    Senior Member jfb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    O'Fallon, MO
    Posts
    4,830
    Quote Originally Posted by geese_com View Post
    If anyone finds any please let me know!
    Plank Owner

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •