Thread: The new Polytune 2 tuner

The new Polytune 2 tuner

Going to be bringing in my first gen Polytune to work to use with my guitar at work.
    Just bought the new Polytune 2 from Amazon to use at home.
    It is brighter, and also has a strobe feature.

I liked my first one, only complaint I had about it was it was not quite bright enough if my living room was filled with sun from having the blinds open.
    Contrary to popular belief, we do get sun here in Western Washington, it does not rain all the time.

Anyone else have the newer Polytune 2?

http://www.tcelectronic.com/polytune/

I want the 2 in mini. Might break down and get one anyway.
    Plank Owner

Looks like a great product!

I wonder if it matters that I already have three tuners...
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

Probably not Les, I also have a Peterson Strobo Stomp that my SG sales guy at Guitar Center talked me into buying two Mays ago.
    Expensive and not as easy to use as the Polytunes.

I've had mine for about a month now....and I LOVE it. I had the original and the mini, and this one is noticeably better. Get one if you can!
    "He's kind of like a bear at a campsite...you think he's cute and kind of want to hug him, but in the end you know he's dangerous and is going to stomp on your tent and eat all your food..." - martysnarf

My name be scrambled ElrytNamrogo's Avatar
    I have one of these as well. I don't use it too much because it's not my "live" tuner, so I use it at home. It works fantastic, though....has some really cool features and the LED is plenty bright. It seems to be more accurate than my Boss tuner.
    --Tyler G--
    2012 PRS Custom 24
    - Burnt Maple Leaf 10-top
    2008 PRS Custom 22 - Santana Yellow - Rosewood Neck - 10-top
    PRS SE Singlecut Trem - Tobacco Sunburst -Grover Locking Tuners - Bareknuckle Rebel Yells - Push/Pull Volume and Tone - Graphtech Self Lubricating nut

Yeah nothing but love for the PolyTune pedals. I've had the first one and the Mini. Still think to hold for Mini 2 if they ever make one.
    Plank Owner

I have two of the Mini's... and Boss TU3's and "Guitar Tool Kit" Tuner on my IPHONE.

The Polytune II addresses the only nock I have with the Polytune mini's - they are not as precise as the Boss or at least it's harder to interpret the display to get the guitar EXACTLY tuned. The new strobe mode on the Polytune II should fix that....Standing by for the MINI II :-)

FWIW - the tuner on the IPHONE is the best tuner I own:
    http://agilepartners.com/apps/guitartoolkit/
    If I thought I was going to live this long I'd have taken better care of myself!

Thanks for the heads up on this tuner. I have an original Polytune and like it quite a bit. I just ordered the new one a couple of minutes ago, and look forward to putting it through it's paces.

You are welcome.

When I picked up my new Micro Cube GX amp last week, my dealer had the original Polytune like I have, and the mini, but he did not know about this new one.
    Ordered mine off of Amazon, will be here next Tuesday.
    It said it was Amazon Prime (free two day shipping), but it is not shipping at that speed for some reason.
    I see Amazon do this with stuff sometimes for some reason.

I love my Polytune, but a brighter display AND a strobe option??!! I'm sold.

I have a couple of polytunes and I love them. just ordered the #2.

Just got the polytune 2 today. I must say I'm very impressed. Love the brighter and larger screen plus it changes to your lighting . Glad I picked it up...ok may have picked up my very first ever wah pedal too lol
    2013 PRS DGT..
    2012 Ibanez RG 870 premuim
    2014 Prs se Clint Lowrey
    1988 Washburn G1V
    Hughes and Kettner Grandmeister 36 with Saxon cabinet .

I forgot to post about my new one,
    I dig it, much brighter and easier to read than the 1st gen one.

No TC products come with a manual though, and I have not figured out how to activate the strobe feature.
    It just does the normal two things my older one did.
    I may visit their site late to look at the manual.
    But I am very happy with the new one though.

Hey, I think I will go play my 408 right now.
    I took the day off work today

408 Birds in the Sky megaboogie's Avatar
    Still on my 1st reg. polytune and love it. The display looks fine to me, but I wouldn't mind brigher led.

I have the mini and it has a small slide switch on the side to use the strobe option.it's fast and accurate but when i strum the strings together the low E does'nt register much.i thought it's a particular guitar so i changed to another and still the same.anyone experienced this also?
    Thx

i got one a few weeks ago. works well when there isnt a great deal of noise but it's kinda hinky when the band is playing and i'm trying to tune
    (DC 245 Ted / DGT / 513 / Santana / McShootout / Cu22 Rosewood / SAS / Cu22 Semi hollow / Sig LTD / Mira korina / HBII / SE Angelus Custom) >> {C, H, Dallas, Original Sewell}