Thread: Testing Archon through Stealth Cab

Testing Archon through Stealth Cab

I tried it through my Bogner OS Cab, and believe it or not it didn't sound good .
    It was very muddy and boomy, went back to stealth cab and the midrange opened up and it was much clearer. Very strange....but on a different note, my effects loop is still horrible lol.
    I love the amp though, just not the effects loop

NOTE: ALL KNOBS ARE AT NOON

Nice MJ guitar, haven't seen one of those since I previously saw one in Joel Kosche's hands. Thanks for posting, I love my Archon as well and really enjoy the sound I get out of my stealth cabs. I had the mod done to mine for the EFX loop but since have never used it, guess that's one way to not be disappointed in it. You should have kept that Switchfoot song rolling at the end!
    2014 PRS Mark Tremonti - 2013 PRS SC250 Artist Brazilian - 2007 PRS McCarty Korina Brazilian - 2013 PRS SE MM Baritone - 2014 Archon - 2014 PRS 2x12 DB BigMouth X2

Quote Originally Posted by nosidamde View Post
    Nice MJ guitar, haven't seen one of those since I previously saw one in Joel Kosche's hands. Thanks for posting, I love my Archon as well and really enjoy the sound I get out of my stealth cabs. I had the mod done to mine for the EFX loop but since have never used it, guess that's one way to not be disappointed in it. You should have kept that Switchfoot song rolling at the end!
    I did the mod to the effects loop also, and it was no change at all. Doesn't matter the pedals i use either.
    Yeah I love my MJ's, I am a big collective soul fan, (even though Joel doesn't play with them anymore).

That's unfortunate with the efx loop "mod" not working out. I run all my effects up front anyways, it works for me.

How many do you have, do you have a picture with all of them in it? I'm a really big Collective Soul fan too. Ross is one of a handful of artists that played PRS back when I really first started getting into music that got me into PRS. I'd love an adjustable hardtail Metal pinstripe painted PRS, it's on my PS wish list. Last time I saw CS play it was a handful of years back and Joel rocked that Mirage like a pro.
    2014 PRS Mark Tremonti - 2013 PRS SC250 Artist Brazilian - 2007 PRS McCarty Korina Brazilian - 2013 PRS SE MM Baritone - 2014 Archon - 2014 PRS 2x12 DB BigMouth X2

Quote Originally Posted by nosidamde View Post
    That's unfortunate with the efx loop "mod" not working out. I run all my effects up front anyways, it works for me.

How many do you have, do you have a picture with all of them in it? I'm a really big Collective Soul fan too. Ross is one of a handful of artists that played PRS back when I really first started getting into music that got me into PRS. I'd love an adjustable hardtail Metal pinstripe painted PRS, it's on my PS wish list. Last time I saw CS play it was a handful of years back and Joel rocked that Mirage like a pro.
    here ya go

Cool demo. Interestingly, I have one of the earliest versions, and I don't have a problem with the loop. I only run a TC flashback in it though. I couldn't possibly run a delay up front on the gain channel. Nothing but mud that way. That Diezel underneath is one cool amp also...

Quote Originally Posted by aristotle View Post
    Cool demo. Interestingly, I have one of the earliest versions, and I don't have a problem with the loop. I only run a TC flashback in it though. I couldn't possibly run a delay up front on the gain channel. Nothing but mud that way. That Diezel underneath is one cool amp also...
    I have tried all pedal combinations in effects loop, taken some out and rearranged them.

Quote Originally Posted by stevan5150 View Post
    Riffffffs
    Great clip!

D-Moll + Archon + A/B/Y box + Stereo cab..... do it

I ran my Archon with my Herbert and created a sound I'll never forget!
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

Quote Originally Posted by stevan5150 View Post
    I have tried all pedal combinations in effects loop, taken some out and rearranged them.
    Yeah... I must have just been lucky. Odd though since from what I've read here, it's an inherent design issue, so I don't know why I wouldn't have the problem also.

Great collection! Thanks for sharing stevan5150.

i was not happy with the loop when i got mine last year and ended up having to move most of my effects up front. but i still love the amp
    (513 x 2 / McShootout / DGT / DC 245 Ted / DC22 / Santana / Cu22 Rosewood / 408 Standard / SAS / Mira korina / HBII / SE Angelus Custom / SE Mushok) >> {Archon 100, Archon 25, C, H, Dallas}