Thread: Custom ordering a Custom 24

Custom ordering a Custom 24

As a result of having less expenses in terms of bill payments, my parents are setting aside some money to get me a Custom 24. Here's the thing, I have certain specifications I want on it and I don't know whether which custom ordering channel I need to go through in order to get them. The specifications I have for it are as follows:

Black finish covering the entire body
    Maple neck, headstock, and fretboard, natural
    Black bird inlays
    Pattern thin neck
    HFS Treble pickup
    Vintage Bass pickup
    3 way blade switch pickup selector with push/pull tone pot (way better than the 5 way blade switch sans tone pot)
    Black pickup rings
    The top and back woods would be the same like on a stock Custom 24
    It would have a regular maple top. I don't need a 10 top. It wouldn't make sense to put one on anyway because it would be covered by the black finish

If I had to guess I'd say there's a bit too much deviation in that to get exactly what you want in anything less than a Private Stock build.

An Artist Pack will get you close but some details will be different.

Your best bet is to choose a dealer and get some quotes... they can inquire with the factory and see what's possible.
    PS Starla (burnt orange smokeburst), Starla (vintage cherry, IRW neck, birds), S2 Starla (McCTS), HB12 (black gold), 25th ann. Mira 245 (frost blue metallic), 2011 'Stripped' 58 (goldtop)

Black birds are the question mark, everything else is obtainable in the artist package. The 3 way blade/push pull wouldn't be a hard switch if PRS won't do it.