Thread: Well, it's all over

Well, it's all over

My wife and I have been try to get out of town on our own for a weekend for the last five months. Due to the seasonal busy times of my job, it's been tough, and we've scrapped a few weekends at the last minute.

Well, it finally all came together this weekend! She's been sick for the last five days, and our daughter was sick last weekend. I had all but written it off (didn't even look for lodging until 10:30 last night). My parents live about an hour away and my mom is watching Claire for us. So, we're in Santa Fe for the weekend, and...

...my youth is officially over. It's 10:53; my wife is passed out and I'm fading quickly. Dinner was great; the cocktails were great. We had a wonderful evening, and now I can't wait to go to sleep.

While our itinerary still includes visiting the bars we love (or read good things about), our nights are wrapping up more in line with the blue haired set than the, well, Blue Haired set. Of course, Santa Fe only has one of those, and they have them in spades. The average age is probably farther from 30 that it is from Paleolithic. Still, I should be carrying the torch, not lying in bed, tapping away on an iPad!

When did this happen? I mean, I'm only 31...oh sh!t! I'm 41!?!?! Seriously? Now I'm acting like I'm 61.

Now, get off my lawn!

You should be lying in bed tapping something other than that iPad

I know how you feel...
    Last month, the wife and I went to Cali for three days without kids. We never acclimated to the time change, and we were in bed by 8:00 every single day (by 7:00 one day)!
    Too many and never enough...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Egads View Post
    My wife and I have been try to get out of town on our own for a weekend for the last five months. Due to the seasonal busy times of my job, it's been tough, and we've scrapped a few weekends at the last minute.

Well, it finally all came together this weekend! She's been sick for the last five days, and our daughter was sick last weekend. I had all but written it off (didn't even look for lodging until 10:30 last night). My parents live about an hour away and my mom is watching Claire for us. So, we're in Santa Fe for the weekend, and...

...my youth is officially over. It's 10:53; my wife is passed out and I'm fading quickly. Dinner was great; the cocktails were great. We had a wonderful evening, and now I can't wait to go to sleep.

While our itinerary still includes visiting the bars we love (or read good things about), our nights are wrapping up more in line with the blue haired set than the, well, Blue Haired set. Of course, Santa Fe only has one of those, and they have them in spades. The average age is probably farther from 30 that it is from Paleolithic. Still, I should be carrying the torch, not lying in bed, tapping away on an iPad!

When did this happen? I mean, I'm only 31...oh sh!t! I'm 41!?!?! Seriously? Now I'm acting like I'm 61.

Now, get off my lawn!
    Dude, no offence, but that is lame ... your still a fukcin' baby.

I just turned 28 and everyday is like that for me. It's a rarity that I'm up past ten.

My wife says I'm an old man though. My favorite music is classic rock. I like to watch the history channel. Go to lodge and hang out with a bunch of old guys a couple times a month and really enjoy sitting around listening them tell stories. Exciting life.

In the end all that really matters is whether or not you are enjoying yourself. I wouldn't worry about what the image is. Just do your thing and be happy.

My wife and I are both 48. Sometimes i feel 68 but we still get down to business frequently. When gparents have our son for the weekend better look out!

I'm thankful for this. Many people our age don't do this so I try to keep a younger mindset. Having a 9 year old son helps that too.

We are both stubborn so we spar alot but at the end of the day we compliment each other.

Cool guys never tell.
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    Solid post!
    12 408 - 12 DGT - 09 Tremonti II - 98 CU24 - 97 CE22 - Mesa MarkIV - Kemper Profiler Amp - EVH 5150 III - PRS Archon

Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    Never said I didn't.

Preferences change as we get older. Many times I prefer a mellow night with the woman even just staying in watching a movie. Nothing wrong with that. I still have my share of nights out with the guys or band stuff but I enjoy a nice night at home.

Quote Originally Posted by vchizzle View Post
    Preferences change as we get older. Many times I prefer a mellow night with the woman even just staying in watching a movie. Nothing wrong with that. I still have my share of nights out with the guys or band stuff but I enjoy a nice night at home.
    Tsunami wave then to the hotel bar!
    Plank Owner