Thread: DGT with a REGULAR neck?

Question DGT with a REGULAR neck?

I want buy a DGT, but I'm a little leery of "signature" models. In this case, I like that it is based on a McCarty, but the signature neck and pickups? I don't know. I like to create my own sound, not someone else's

The pickups can be easily changed, but I have a question about the neck

I've noticed a few internet entries on Google that says there are DGT's with "pattern regular" necks Like these:

http://www.vintagerocker.com/forum/a...l/t-17410.html

and this ad says "pattern regular" clearly!

http://www.maxguitarstore.com/produc...som-signature/

Are there DGT's available with "pattern regular" necks?

Help!!!!

Richie

The one at Max Guitar store predates any of the "pattern" neck carves. that one has a DGT neck carve, the dealer got it wrong.
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

Also, the pickups may be the greatest humbuckers ever manufactured, ever, by any guitar maker, at any point in history. Some people have changed theirs out, but really, there's no need.
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

The DGT carve is different than a Pattern Regular neck. It's more like the old "Regular" neck since it's slightly narrower across the fretboard than the other PRS carves.

To your point about "creating your own sound", I get what you're saying but I must say that from my own experience, playing a DGT hasn't made me play more like David Grissom in the slightest. In fact, it's such a comfortable and amazing guitar, it's really helped me find the sounds I've always wanted to hear when I play.

Just get one...TRUST ME!!! :-)
    Check out my band, Missing Pieces!!!

2013 Wood Library DGT Armando's Amethyst - "Marie"
    2012 SE Angelus Standard - "Calvin"

I had a DGT with a "Pattern Regular" neck profile, at least that's what it stated on the hang tag. It seemed to be to be thinner at the nut than the earlier DGT models I've owned.
    PRS Guitars - PS #4344 SC245, PS #4343 DC245, Ted SC245 Willcutt's WL Limited, Paul's Guitar
    PRS Amps - Archon

DGT Club Vice President
    I have three DGTs - none of them have the same neck pattern. I mean not even close to being the same. I wouldn't worry too much about the hang tag or being concerned about the signature shapes.

mgd

DGTs

Ive owned about 10 DGTs. The hangtags with "pattern regular" briefly appeared in 2011, and DG caught wind of this and made them stop/correct it. That said, I dont think there is any more difference between them as sanding differences from guitar to guitar. 2 of my current DGTs have basically Pattern/old Widefat thicknesses.

Agree 100% with others as far as making you sound like the artist. Ive owned several artist guitars over the years (EVH, EJ, etc), I dont play like any of them at all. I just know a great guitar when I play it