Thread: More praise for the PRS amps

More praise for the PRS amps

My Dallas 2x12 combo needed new tubes, so I took it to a local amp and pedal builder here in the Minneapolis area that I have known for a while. He's known for being VERY picky about amps and always tells me what he sees wrong in amps. I got word last night that the work was all done, and it came with a little more info that I thought I'd share here:

"Got everything re-tubed and checked out. Amp sounds great, no noise etc. Honestly, this is one of the finest-crafted amps I've ever opened...usually I've got something about a build that I dislike etc...all the details in this amp are accounted for. Excellent build."

I have been a big fan of the PRS amps since they first came out, and it's cool to here other people (who are a LOT smarter than I am) also compliment these amps. Doug and the team are doing some AMAZING work! Keep it up guys!!
    "He's kind of like a bear at a campsite...you think he's cute and kind of want to hug him, but in the end you know he's dangerous and is going to stomp on your tent and eat all your food..." - martysnarf

Isn't it cool when someone tells you, "Yeah, this is one heck of a great piece of gear?"

You are so right about what PRS has been up to with these amps.

A vintage collector buddy who is quite knowledgeable about Plexis came over recently, and after hearing the HXDA, he said, "This sounds like the real deal."
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

Got it home tonight and it just kills!! Can't say enough great things about the amp team!!
    "He's kind of like a bear at a campsite...you think he's cute and kind of want to hug him, but in the end you know he's dangerous and is going to stomp on your tent and eat all your food..." - martysnarf

Can you have too many? Buildermike's Avatar
    I have two from Stevensville. There not going anywhere.

Great to hear for sure!!

I have two PRS amps now and I cannot say enough good things about them.

Doug and his team are a class act!

Both Doug and Paul asked if I wanted my amp changed in any way. Pppfffttt...yeah, AS IF! No touching my wonderful amp. (And as if I were worthy of second-guessing Doug's brilliance ).
    + '01 Custom 24 + '11 DGT Standard (Mr. Clean) + '09 SE One + Super Dallas + Stealth 2x12+

Quote Originally Posted by Boogie View Post
    Both Doug and Paul asked if I wanted my amp changed in any way. Pppfffttt...yeah, AS IF! No touching my wonderful amp. (And as if I were worthy of second-guessing Doug's brilliance ).
    Doug is the coolest dude. It's amazes me PRS has found so many wonderful people. Add in their skill sets and the numbers are even harder to comprehend.

I want a PRS amp...well...amps actually...badly. I will make this happen.
    Plank Owner

Quote Originally Posted by jfb View Post

I want a PRS amp...well...amps actually...badly. I will make this happen.
    Paisley fort contest.