Thread: PRS Pedals?

Angry Southern Gentleman Hopeful Sinner's Avatar

PRS Pedals?

So, I've been wondering if we will see PRS make a move into the stomp box world...

My question is simple, what pedal would you most like to see if PRS did, in fact, make pedals?
    -Jon

"I'm a sinner and I hope I never change"

Flanger, or an old-style tape delay!!

Some kind of talent boost so I sound like I know what I'm doing on guitar .
    Failing that , an overdrive that sounds like a HXDA

HXDA OD pedal!

It's really hard to say though, I feel like the pedal market is super saturated. Plus I think the company strives to please players on a "guitar-cable-amp" level, where we can get the job done just by the tonal options available from the guitar controls. Of course, most of us cheat and use pedals anyway! Whatever it would be, they would really have to set themselves apart in tone and design.

Which they always do I'm just sayin
    -I'm no expert, but it seems to work and I haven't electrocuted myself yet. Which is pretty much the standard I live by.

SE Custom 24 25th Anniversary - SE Akesson+57/08's - SE 30 Head/Cab

The pedal market is SOOOO over saturated right now, I don't think it would be a good business decision for them, IMHO.
    "He's kind of like a bear at a campsite...you think he's cute and kind of want to hug him, but in the end you know he's dangerous and is going to stomp on your tent and eat all your food..." - martysnarf

DGT Club Vice President
    I brought up pedals last year....I was shot down.

mgd

DGTs

Erhm, it'll be the "Custom" pedal. It's PRS's most useful product name ever. It's used on the guitar, one of the amp models, and I can't see why it won't be used on a pedal. I have no idea how it's going to sound like, but I know for sure it'll be an overdrive/distortion pedal.

Quote Originally Posted by iahawk36 View Post
    The pedal market is SOOOO over saturated right now, I don't think it would be a good business decision for them, IMHO.
    +1
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

If Suhr can do it...
    PS Starla (burnt orange smokeburst), Starla (vintage cherry, IRW neck, birds), HBII (faded gray black 'double' 10-top), HB12 (black gold), NF3 (antique white/birds), 25th ann. Mira 245 (frost blue metallic), KL1812, 2011 'Stripped' 58 (goldtop)

I can tell you first hand the profit margin for pedals is slim and once you figure in R+D and machining packaging, marketing , well
    Its also a tough sell when Boss and others can build a nice OD for about $60
    How many $150 - $200 + pedals will you put on your board ????? and then there are the multi effects units to think about.
    I have been working really hard for 4 years to put my line together ( many before that ) and I can tell you that I give away far,far more than I sell.
    It is really tough to get people to even check out your stuff EVEN with videos , artist endorcements ,and customer endorcments
    A birdy told me that PRSh is a bit of a pedal guy BUT he builds Guitars and Amps so you would never see a pedal in public because that would mean the guitars and amps could'nt make the sound.
    PRS Family - SCT, 408, 305, CU22, MEII
    Others Knaggs Kenai, LesPaul , Stratocaster , Guild
    Amps - Mesa MK2B , Egnater Tweaker 15
    Effects - Tonal Insanity Guitar Effects ( I make them ) TC Electronics Nova

An OD/Distortion box with a cocked wah sound like the Fulltone Secret Freq or the new Minifooger.

Here is your Marketing- call it the Sweet Switch. Done.

Quote Originally Posted by Woundtight View Post
    Here is your Marketing- call it the Sweet Switch. Done.
    How about a pedal that recreates the sweet switch? They could ball up a couple hundred feet of wire in a box and call it "The Birds Nest".

Quote Originally Posted by Rider1260 View Post
    A birdy told me that PRSh is a bit of a pedal guy
    FWIW, Paul really seemed to be enjoying himself (and many more watching him play) at the Wampler booth at Sweetwater Gearfest this year!

Ummmm.....no.
    I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken...