Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where Were You In '82? Yet Another Play-thing!

'82?

I was getting married and still in med school…

Musically, all I owned was my Martin D-35, playing in a coffee house here or there, and at school for a few events…

Jamie
    ---Jamie---

My Gear

I was racing a lot of BMX and jumping everything that could be jumped; just being a kid. The following summer (1983) was my awakening.
    One Life

I was 20 years old in Spain on a mission for my church. When I left Spain late in 82, I bought a guitar and brought it home with me. The guitar was made in Korea....go figure...
    1988 CE24, 1995 CE22, 2000 SC, 2006 Cu24 AP, 2006 SC AP, 2007 CuRo22, 2008 Mira, 2010 Starla Stoptail, 2012 Mira
    2007 SE Soapy 2, 2010 SE 25th Anni Cu24, 2012 SE Bernie, 2013 SE Angelus

PRS SE50, Mesa Single RectoVerb, Mesa Lonestar, Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Angry Southern Gentleman Hopeful Sinner's Avatar
    I was 8 years old and just beginning to realize I had a preference in music, as well as a myriad of things, other than that of my parents.

Somewhere between 1983-1984 I "discovered" electric guitar oriented rock -n- roll and the rest is just a blur...
    -Jon

"I'm a sinner and I hope I never change"

Wasn't born until 85. Some one had to be the young one.

Thanks Les! I had a lot of fun with your tune.

Disclaimer: In no way do I consider myself any kind of musician. I just have fun making noise with my guitar. I only posted this because you seemed disappointed no one played with the tune. Please don't let this discourage you from offering more tunes.

https://soundcloud.com/onemorerob/some-1982

1982 was the last year I played out here in the DC area until about 3 years ago. A year into college with a career and family ahead of me, there were plenty of things to occupy my time and distract me from band related stuff. Although music was much more "serious business" to me back then, it's actually a bunch more fun now that music is something that is done for pure enjoyment.... And shockingly, many of the same clubs (and patrons) are still out there. All I can say is that Maryland is about the best place to be for dudes who just want to go out and play the local music scene with friends, old and new...

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Thanks Les! I had a lot of fun with your tune.

Disclaimer: In no way do I consider myself any kind of musician. I just have fun making noise with my guitar. I only posted this because you seemed disappointed no one played with the tune. Please don't let this discourage you from offering more tunes.

https://soundcloud.com/onemorerob/some-1982
    Dude! Yay! You did a terrific job with it! Sounds really great. Way to go!
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson