Thread: Tony McManus - Mysterious Boundaries

Angry Southern Gentleman Hopeful Sinner's Avatar

Tony McManus - Mysterious Boundaries

So after hearing Paul rave about it in an interview I bought the new Tony McManus album Mysterious Boundaries and it is spectacular!

I am really digging "Chaconne" and "Gnossienne". His versions of both are just on another level good!!!

The man is an absolute master of the acoustic guitar.

Y'all should check it out for sure, does not disappoint...
    -Jon

"I'm a sinner and I hope I never change"

Just bought it myself! Sounds great, doesn't it?
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

I have been waiting for this release ever since Tony played some of this stuff at past Experiences!
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!

ísɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

I was really moved when he played Chaconne at a PRS clinic and bought it then. It is fantastic, everything from the tone to nuances in his playing.

Tony was at the Woodstock guitar show this past weekend. On Friday night (which is the "luthiers' dinner" and pre-show, not open to the public) he was there and spent quite a bit of time playing a couple of Ken Parker archtops, one of which was mine. What a treat that was!

Over the course of the weekend, he appeared to visit pretty much every builder's table, play the guitar(s), and offer feedback. Huge props to him for doing that. Just a top-shelf person, as well as a terrific musician.

That he chooses to play PRS acoustics says a lot for their quality and musicality.

I need to pick this up for sure.
    Plank Owner

Angry Southern Gentleman Hopeful Sinner's Avatar
    I don't think anyone can go wrong with this album regardless of your particular musical taste. It is an outstanding piece of work all the way around...

Yep - gotta grab this.

Tony's a very cool guy. A couple Experiences ago, he talked about the Chaconne in the main tent. Later in an acoustic demo, a woman asked him if he could play it. He said he didn't have the whole thing memorized or down yet, but he could play the beginning if we liked. Naturally, no one objected. He played a Dm chord that just rang out and he let it sustain for about 10 seconds, then said, "So, that's how it begins..."
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner