Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NPSSCHBSpD

Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    But I've been listening to the Tony McManus album the last couple of days; despite the maple back and sides on my machine, when recorded, mine sounds almost exactly the same as Tony's guitar.

Except, of course, that I'm playing it.

I started to feel really guilty and inadequate for "wasting" the potential of such a great instrument. In fact, I haven't picked mine up since I got his record. And I usually play it every day, several times, in fact. So having such a great guitar can be a bit off-putting for me, even a bit counterproductive. Ask me again in a couple of days.
    Tony McManus was at the Woodstock acoustic guitar show this past weekend. During the Friday night pre-show hang, Tony visited with Ken Parker and me and gave us an impromptu concert. He was playing MY Ken Parker archtop. (yes, I own one of those. Paul, if you're reading, that is why I don't own one of your acoustic guitars, although the TMcM model you handed me on your last Willcutt visit was pretty damn good )

That's right. Tony McM sat right in front of me and played my guitar for a good while. And was suitably impressed by the guitar, I might add.

About the last reaction I would have to that experience is to think "I'm wasting that guitar's potential." Quite the opposite: I just want to play it that much more. Of course what with this new PRS (which spent both nights over the weekend in my hotel room with me, and I happened to have my #1 amp with me on the trip), I'm having to ration my playing time between a number of worthy contenders. The story of my life. *sigh*

The funny thing about your new guitar is that I've been thinking about what I'd want in a hollow body build, and that's exactly it. Maybe I'd put a hardwood binding on the body to prevent deep dings, but that's about it. And that's only maybe, because I really like the approach taken with yours.

Your guitar is the quintessence of what I'd want if I were to get one. It sounds magnificent, and looks the business.
    Screw up your courage, fortify your bank account, call Craig @ www.crguitars.com, and tell him you want the KingsleyD model. Craig will take good care of you, especially once he finds out what you do for a living. [evil grin smiley]

Quote Originally Posted by kingsleyd View Post
    Tony McM sat right in front of me and played my guitar for a good while. And was suitably impressed by the guitar, I might add.

About the last reaction I would have to that experience is to think "I'm wasting that guitar's potential." Quite the opposite: I just want to play it that much more.
    Well, you're a far more highly skilled guitar player than I will ever be. I would expect you to feel differently.

My Private Stock Acoustic Of Shame makes me feel like the guy who's got a beautiful and sexy girlfriend, but he can't get it up. Now that's a waste!

OK, I played it, with a new vow: If I can play Bach on piano, I can certainly learn how to do it on guitar. One measure at a time, if necessary. It's not hard to learn; it's just harder to play it well. But that can be accomplished, too.
    Last edited by LSchefman; 11-02-2013 at 10:39 AM.
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Buildermike View Post
    Dang Kingslyed and Jose, I'm in Duxbury during the summer months and sometimes in the colder months. Might have to host a beach bash
    Yes, you should

Quote Originally Posted by kingsleyd View Post
    What did you think?
    Sounds awesome. You have a winner there for sure!