Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PRS guitars that you own and what do you want

Re: PRS guitars that you own and what do you want

Got too many now -- 25th anniversary 245 57/08 (Angry Larry) is my main guitar. If PRS merges a P22 with a Studio (the P-Studio), I may be tempted to get another.
    PS #164
    25th SC245 57/08
    20th Anniversary HB-II
    53/10 limited
    Prototype SAS
    SE/ONE (P-90)

Re: PRS guitars that you own and what do you want

Quote Originally Posted by Proxmax
    That's the exact one I want. If I had the cash to spend on it it would be mine tomorrow

Have? Not enough!
    Want? The list is long. It starts with a 305, 513, DGT, SC58, ME, McCartyII, Hollowbody Spruce, .......

Have a Starla, 57/08 McCarty, Artist III, EXP 2010 CU24 and a PS...........................

Want a Siggy and a Dirty 100.............................

Some of these guys have quite the collection. Me, I only have 3:

CE-22

MEQ

SE Soapbar II (with USA P90s and few other modifications)

I think I'd really like to get a P22. The piezo sounds great and I'm already addicted to crackwood. I know a lot of people probably want them for studio purposes, but I see it as a super versatile gigging guitar. Can't see it taking the place of my MEQ (that thing is just too special), but it could be a regular on my short list.
    Richard

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough...

Here's my current family portrait:

I think in time, I'll probably own (in no particular order) a Mira, Tremonti, DGT, MEQ, Siggy and a PS (possibly 2 where the other is a 7-string too)
    '12 Mira Green Burst - '09 Cu24 Charcoal Burst - '09 SC250 Dark Cherry Burst - Taylor 514CE - Ibanez SR300 Bass - Mesa MkV Head & 1x12 Cab

My first PRS (and still in my possession ) is a 93 Alder body maple top CE24. I have refinned the neck with a gunstock oil and replace the electronics five times.

My second PRS was a 6 year hunt. I wanted a satin finished 20th Ann Standard and had to settle for...
    a 2006 20th Ann Custom 24 Artist. I have the original pickups tucked away and am rocking a set of 5708s currently.

Can't find how to post pics with Vbulletin via iPod so they will have to wait.

My next PRS may be a Studio in Purple Hazel, but I am a sucker for the regular neck shape, which my other PRSi both have.

I've had 7 different PRS since 2000 and am starting to figure out what I like and what works for me. I have one keeper - my 59/09, and have one incoming soon which I hope will be my second keeper. I'm interested in checking out a DGT Standard, a 305, and would love to get a PRS acoustic one of these days.

Here's some pics of a few I used to have:

This is my 59/09:

Currently:
    2000 McCarty Soapbar in McCarty Burst
    2005 Custom 22/12 (20th Anniversary) in Blue Matteo
    2009 DGT Goldtop
    2009 Modern Eagle II (pre-25th Anniversary) in Charcoal
    2009 305 in Violin Amber Sunburst
    2010 Modern Eagle III (25th Anniversary) in Angry Larry
    2010 Hollowbody II CB (25th Anniversary) in Charcoal Burst
    2012 Signature Limited in Faded Abalone

A 1999 Custom 22 in Whale Blue (my first PRS), a 2000 CE24 in Emerald Green, and a 2009 Mira X in Cherry have also all come and gone over the years. Nice guitars all, but replaced by better guitars. (IMO)

I think I've got pretty much all the bases covered here. I am not a big fan of PRS singlecuts (I guess that's pretty obvious) but I could be tempted by the right SC-58. That would prompt me to get rid of my last Lester (and at one point I had 5 of them.)

Now, if a "Modern Eagle 5" appears at XPRS 2012 with 408s and a IRW neck, I'll be on that so fast it'll make your head spin.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
    My first PRS (and still in my possession ) is a 93 Alder body maple top CE24. I have refinned the neck with a gunstock oil and replace the electronics five times.

My second PRS was a 6 year hunt. I wanted a satin finished 20th Ann Standard and had to settle for...
    a 2006 20th Ann Custom 24 Artist. I have the original pickups tucked away and am rocking a set of 5708s currently.

Can't find how to post pics with Vbulletin via iPod so they will have to wait.

My next PRS may be a Studio in Purple Hazel, but I am a sucker for the regular neck shape, which my other PRSi both have.
    It most likely has nothing to do with your iPod/iPad/iPhone, but rather a setting in your CP.

You're probably accustomed to having a picture option available in a vBulletin forum build. By default they typical editor is the "Standard Editor". Some do their build with the full "Enhanced Interface". This forum has the "Basic Editor" turned on by default.

Go into your CP and follow these breadcrumbs: My Account > General Settings > Miscellaneous Options > Standard Editor. Once you save those settings you'll have a different interface when replying. You'll then see the little Image graphic you're accustomed to seeing.

If that doesn't work for your device you can always hand type bulletin board tags around the URL of your image, like this:
    Code:
    [IMG] [/IMG]
    Richard

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough...

Presently, I own and play:
    '96 Standard

'91 Custom

'00 McRosie

and my latest acquisition; '12 P22

For me, the only guitar left to buy is a Stripped 58!!

Someday...

I have a 2002 McCarty and really want an SC58.

Large Member
    I want a PRS with a 2Tek bridge as a factory option.

Not too much to ask, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Zilmo View Post
    I want a PRS with a 2Tek bridge as a factory option.

Not too much to ask, is it?
    Nope! After many years of wanting to try one and now finally having one...I am sold!

I also would love to have a factory 2Tek!
    Richard

I guess since the Lefty Custom 24 has been announced, I want one of those!

My SC245

After trying lots of PRSi - starting with a McKorina, to a SCTrem (artist - which was very nice, but not a bluesy sound) - I finally ordered a SC245 (I'll attempt to attach a photo) http://i540.photobucket.com/albums/g.../BODY-TOP2.jpg and had the 57/08's installed!!! - which is just THE perfect one to me!!! I diverged to a 25th Anniv Swamp Ash NF - wonderful instrument which covered everything else I wanted in a guitar - but couldn't, like the McKorina, stand the body shape - I just love the PRS single cut (ok, and tele bodys).

I WOULD LIKE: a PRS single cut - or a PRS tele shape - swamp ash, natural or lightly stained Studio -25" scale, with the Narrowfields w/ a 57/08 (not holding my breath for either) and a 2Tek or stop tail. Simple stuff - but I can't afford a PS.......

Linwood

Here's what it might look like: http://s540.photobucket.com/albums/g...dog2102011.jpg
    Last edited by lshines; 05-31-2012 at 08:35 AM. Reason: additional

my 2 present PRSi

also have a Artist package Studio with a Maple neck on order
    2008 Fender Custom Strat
    2011 PRS SAS- NF
    2012 PRS artist Package Studio

I recently traded all of my Gibsons (SG, LP Std, ES335)for 2 PRS's, and another Mesa DC-3 Amp + a full set of new tubes. 2010 PRS Custom 24 25th, 2004 PRS Standard 24 Gloss.

I still want a Blue Santana, and a SingleCut. And a few more Custom 24s. Maybe a hollow-body too.

Last edited by cjmwrx; 06-05-2012 at 07:23 PM.
    BDR-529

Searching for the sound tdarian's Avatar
    Anyone seen one with a bigger neck than W/F?
    If I Told You All That Went Down It Would Burn Off Both Of Your Ears