Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: PRS guitars that you own and what do you want

Got my 2011 HBII last year to retire my old Les Paul. Absolutely in love with the HBII. Just wish I had the $$ to get a custom shop HBII with my own specific details. Thanks PRS for such wonderful instruments! I can now sing without being a vocalist!

And then I just had to make this 4' wide photo of my HBII and my buddies 513 Swamp Ash for my new born's bedroom, yes he will be a PRS rocker!

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...02926664_n.jpg

Pictured is Stormy, my PRS SE Custom 24. Looking to upgrade to a Custom 24.

Re: PRS guitars that you own and what do you want

I have only one PRS in stock. It´s a 2011 513 in Black Gold with carved quilted maple 10-top.
    I bought that amazing guitar at Wildwood Guitars in Louisville, CO, last November.

A few impressions:

I own a 25th anniversary 513 and a SE Semi-hollow body. I would LOVE a 408.

I proudly own a 2012 PRS P24 "Limited' Top 10 (Black Gold Burst) / 2010 Custom 24 (Black Cherry -Black Quilt) / 2008 Mira (Black)...I am very happy with all 3 and a proud endorser of PRS Guitars! *Dont forget to insure them if you can because they are worth it.....I use "The Anderson Group International"
    PRS Guitars Endorsee (2008 Mira / 2010 Custom 24 / 2012 Limited Edition Top 10 P24 / 2013 Custom 24 / 2014 PRS SE Angelus Custom) and Signature Club Member... http://www.reverbnation.com/jdbradshaw http://www.prsguitars.com/artists/profile/jd_bradshaw/ https://www.youtube.com/user/ACACIAENTERTAINMENT/videos

I own a few older ones.
    Would love to have a cherry red standard.
    From the People's Republic of Maryland (One beer away from the West Street Shop)

GO NATS!

I've been a devoted Tele guy my whole life, but my PRS Bernie Marsden is now my main guitar. If this is what a "student edition" guitar is like, I'd love to get my hands on a grown up model.
    Last edited by ronstephens; 11-29-2012 at 12:06 PM.

Home is Maryland's Eastern Shore, but have lived in Central Alabama for 20 years now
    My '89 employees model based on a Custom 24. It covers so many bases I probably use it for 80% of the gig. Also like the singlecuts, but the McNaught has that covered. Would like a P22 or hollowbody with the peizo for the acoustic stuff we do. More pics at the gear link below.
    Salvadore Dali is my Pictionary partner.
    Gear
    Band

Here's my PRS family

The Blue CU24 was my first and made me completely reevaluate my notion of an electric guitar. The Green CU24, McCarty and Mira were soon to follow! The Mira has probably seen the most gig time since I picked up while my band Ragdoll was doing our first US tour; here's a snap of us playing at Rocklahoma in Pryor Creek

Here's my PRS EG4 from 1990, bought it brand new and still got it. It's a very versatile guitar and i play it almost daily.

What would i like... a Dragon? Now they look fantastic!

[IMG]E:\My Pictures\Guitars prs eg4.jpg[/IMG]

i've got 2 Prs Guitars 1 Prs usa Tremonti 2004 Signed by Mark tremonti and 1 Tremonti Se in Cherry http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...39552917_n.jpg and i want another Tremonti in Platinum from Fret12
    Last edited by Ianprs; 11-29-2012 at 12:23 PM.

I hereby recant all of my posts objecting to Hans' use of the word, "owner." Because I've realized that I don't own my guitars. I am a proletarian, a slave to them!

Do I have to change strings on my synthesizers? Heck, no. Keep them in a special humidified room in winter and refill the darn machine? Nope. Keep them adjusted and in tune? Nuh-uh. Polish them? Are you kidding? They're painted plastic, chips and metal. Zero maintenance. Well, I do dust them.

Every time I add a guitar, I create more work for myself. Well, enough! The proletarians have nothing to lose but their chains!

(Phone rings). "LSchefman?"

"Yes?"

"Your new PRS is in."

"Oh, um, well...oboy! Yeah, I'll be right there."

Forget everything I just said.

have - a CU24 (2010) and a CE24 (1988)
    want - an Experience PRS 2012 Custom 24

Quote Originally Posted by Maertl513 View Post
    I have only one PRS in stock. It´s a 2011 513 in Black Gold with carved quilted maple 10-top.
    I bought that amazing guitar at Wildwood Guitars in Louisville, CO, last November.

A few impressions:

Oh my god!! what a beauty!! congrats

Mine are oldies.My main squeeze is my '88 Sig(Sasha),very faded whale blue quilt,then comes( Bekka),an '89 cu24 nicely done in tortoise shell,an '89 black sunburst with a matching 5 string bass,an '87 cu24 scarlet burst,'88 4 string bass-scarlet red,'91 ce24 (Emma)emerald green(my first)and a '94 cu24 tobbaco burst.Had a '92 goldtop(Blondie) but got talked outta that one.Want list--A nice hollowbody2 piezo or a P24.

Brand new here, just discovered this place from the PRS facebook page... I have a 2001 Royal Blue Custom22 non 10 top with tone pros adjustable bridge, 3 way switch and modern eagle pickups. It had a 5 way switch and dragon 2's in it and I put Dragon 1's in it for a while and then switched to the 3 way and ME pickups. I also just recently bought a 2006 20th SC in Blue Matteo. Artist Upgrade with gold hardware and brazillian fret board. This guitar is a tone monster and the most comfortable guitar I've ever held!
    My amp is a 1987 Marshall Silver Jubilee 2253 (small box 25/50W head) and 2-2x12 cabinets. I also use a Boss GT6 effects pedal...
    Glad to have pund this place, will be checking it all out and will try to figure out how to post pics.

Thank you!
    I checked a bunch of shops via internet regarding 513 model after making my decision that Black Gold would be my colour of choice.
    And I wouldn´t buy a flamed top of course. Wildwood fullfilled my requirements because they had two 513 of the certain kind in stock.
    I made my choice for the heavier one and owned it.

Indeed it´s a beauty, but in 2011 another guy was Mr. Lucky buying a Black Gold 513 with a one piece (!) carved quilted maple 10-top. To that time I actually had neither the idea of buying a PRS nor knowing Wildwoods 513 stockpile nor having enough bucks buying one

I own a McCarty and an SC-58.

I want another SC-58 and/or a DGT.

Bought these over the summer.
    2012 SE Santana and 2012 SE Custom 24.

Somewhere out there is my 2012 SE Tremonti Custom I have coming, but I know not were it is.
    I am also looking at getting a Maryland built 408 MT Eriza Verde 10 Top with tremolo same color as below.
    I may get it before Christmas, or early 2013, not sure yet.

Look at the gorgeous natural color of the rear, that will blend great with the Eriza Verde color of the front.

Absolutely love my Hollowbody II - between the archtop pickups and the piezo mic, the range of tones is incredible from the sweetest acoustic to tear-your-head-off distortion - I hardly use my pedalboard and the sustain and intonation is perfect across the entire fingerboard. It weights only about 4 pounds and is the most versatile instrument I have ever played. Here I am with Tiger (my daughter names all my guitars) at the Low Country Blues Club in Charleston doing what I do every time before I play, and that is is dial in the feedback, which is full of rich overtones, so that it is always near the edge, and endlessly sustains any note you hold for more than a few seconds - perfect for slide playing.

Really like the look of the new DGT Standard - always wanted a whammy - but totally happy with the Hollowbody