Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another Conversation With My Acoustic

WAIT! You made up this conversation or did it really happen!?! I'm confused
    "Just one more and then I promise, no more guitars honey!" - The phrase I say most to my wife

Quote Originally Posted by slang05 View Post
    WAIT! You made up this conversation or did it really happen!?! I'm confused
    Oh, it happened. My guitar is very snarky about my technique.
    I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken...

Quote Originally Posted by veinbuster View Post
    I have some Bach duets for guitar that I tried recently. A few more passes and I might consider trying to record one of the parts to play with. I have a feeling McManus might just play them both at the same time.
    While making breakfast and ironing his shirt.
    Plank Owner

Older getting younger
    One of my students had the music for Bach's Bouree in Em written for classical guitar, playing two parts simultaneously. Neither of us played in that style. He had trouble reading it and would go from one part to the other by mistake. So, I transcribed both parts onto separate pieces of music, making it easier for him to play. After doing this, I decided to record it myself. I overdubbed both parts. I can't upload the Mp3 to You Tube, otherwise I would share it if anybody is interested.
    Can someone recommend a site where I can upload this?
    Thanks
    PRS electrics and bass, Taylor BTO GS Cocobolo, K26e Koa, 2012 FLTD 412ce-N and GS mini mahogany acoustic guitars; Bad Cat Cub IIR, Carr Rambler, Fender Supersonic 22, Univox, Fishman Loudbox 100, Loudbox Mini and Mark Bass amps
    In music, one must think with his heart and feel with his brain.
    I was joeprs on BAM

Quote Originally Posted by pondsnorkeler View Post
    One of my students had the music for Bach's Bouree in Em written for classical guitar, playing two parts simultaneously. Neither of us played in that style. He had trouble reading it and would go from one part to the other by mistake. So, I transcribed both parts onto separate pieces of music, making it easier for him to play. After doing this, I decided to record it myself. I overdubbed both parts. I can't upload the Mp3 to You Tube, otherwise I would share it if anybody is interested.
    Can someone recommend a site where I can upload this?
    Thanks
    http://soundcloud.com
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

Older getting younger
    Thanks Alan!
    Here it is, I wouldn't mind if I was able to play both parts simultaneously, but I can't.
    https://soundcloud.com/pondsnorkeler/bouree-in-e-minor
    PRS electrics and bass, Taylor BTO GS Cocobolo, K26e Koa, 2012 FLTD 412ce-N and GS mini mahogany acoustic guitars; Bad Cat Cub IIR, Carr Rambler, Fender Supersonic 22, Univox, Fishman Loudbox 100, Loudbox Mini and Mark Bass amps
    I was joeprs on BAM

Nice work! I really enjoyed it. You're a really good player.

There's ornamentation in the original score that may not be showing up on the transcription you're using, which adds something nice, too., if you dig the 17th century style.

I've played the piece on piano and harpsichord, and it's really iconic.

Older getting younger
    Thanks, Les. I appreciate the compliment. By any chance, do you have a copy of the original score. I don't know where my student got this from, but I transcribed it note for note for him to separate the two parts.
    I was joeprs on BAM

Thanks, Les. I appreciate the compliment. By any chance, do you have a copy of the original score. I don't know where my student got this from, but I transcribed it note for note for him to separate the two parts.
    I'll see if I can locate my copy. I may have lost it when I moved a couple years back. If I have it, I'll mail it to you.

How about some Mozart, I found that! LOL.

I really like your playing!

. By any chance, do you have a copy of the original score. I don't know where my student got this from, but I transcribed it note for note for him to separate the two parts.
    Sounds great man! I can mail it to you, I just have to scan it.

Here I am playing it as is...... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELRJYBpnI60
    Last edited by t.shamone; 11-07-2013 at 12:53 PM.

Thanks Alan!
    Here it is, I wouldn't mind if I was able to play both parts simultaneously, but I can't.
    https://soundcloud.com/pondsnorkeler/bouree-in-e-minor
    You're welcome - and nicely done! I know I've got this in books somewhere, and I'm positive I have a transcription from one of the UK guitar mags. Just not sure where that transcription may be hiding. But now I want to dig it out!
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

Older getting younger
    Quote Originally Posted by alantig View Post
    You're welcome - and nicely done! I know I've got this in books somewhere, and I'm positive I have a transcription from one of the UK guitar mags. Just not sure where that transcription may be hiding. But now I want to dig it out!
    Thanks, Alan. I really enjoyed playing that and would like to learn more. Perhaps, I could loop one part and play the other part live?
    I was joeprs on BAM

Thanks, Alan. I really enjoyed playing that and would like to learn more. Perhaps, I could loop one part and play the other part live?
    I'd have to look (and listen) more, but I think the bass repeats enough that you could do that (with an allowance for the couple places where the bass varies quite a bit).

I don't play live, but I do the looping thing w/Zappa's "Watermelon In Easter Hay" just to practice and amuse myself.
    Alan

Older getting younger
    Quote Originally Posted by t.shamone View Post
    Sounds great man! I can mail it to you, I just have to scan it.

Here I am playing it as is...... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELRJYBpnI60
    Tony, I finally had a chance to listen to your video and have to say that I really enjoyed it! You play well!
    I want to buy a nylon string guitar and start studying classical, so hopefully someday I'll be able to play like that.
    The one thing I love about music is.....you can never stop learning!
    I was joeprs on BAM

Older getting younger
    Quote Originally Posted by alantig View Post
    I'd have to look (and listen) more, but I think the bass repeats enough that you could do that (with an allowance for the couple places where the bass varies quite a bit).

I don't play live, but I do the looping thing w/Zappa's "Watermelon In Easter Hay" just to practice and amuse myself.
    I guess I should have said accompany the looper. I jam regularly, but don't play in a band anymore.
    I was joeprs on BAM

So enough Bach.

I think we should get the discussion back to how awesome my PRS acoustic is. Which is to say, very.

Tony, I finally had a chance to listen to your video and have to say that I really enjoyed it! You play well!
    I want to buy a nylon string guitar and start studying classical, so hopefully someday I'll be able to play like that.
    The one thing I love about music is.....you can never stop learning!
    Thanks for the kind words my friend. I finally found the piece and will get it to you this weekend.

Older getting younger
    Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    So enough Bach.

I think we should get the discussion back to how awesome my PRS acoustic is. Which is to say, very.
    I think another sound clip would get us back on track. Pun intended.
    I was joeprs on BAM

Older getting younger
    Quote Originally Posted by t.shamone View Post
    Thanks for the kind words my friend. I finally found the piece and will get it to you this weekend.
    Let me know if you need an email address or mail address. Thank you very much!
    I was joeprs on BAM

"Here, I bought you a new pick," I said.

"Oh gosh, oh joy, a new 40 cent pick." She rolled her eyes.

"But this pick is special and it cost thirty-five bucks!" I retorted. "Allow me to demonstrate."

I picked up the guitar, and started playing. Everything sounded smooth as butter, and the pick glided easily through the strings.

"Well, that is pretty nice," she purred. "What is it?"

"That, my dear, is a Blue Chip pick, made of a special material, cut on a CNC machine, and then beveled by hand. The material is slick against the strings, sounds a lot like real tortoise shell, and lasts a long time, or so they say."

"Can I keep it?" she asked. "I like the feel."

"I won't use anything else on your strings from now on," I promised. I put her back in the case. She was happy. I was happy. We had a wonderful afternoon.