Thread: Fretboard Brazilian Rosewood?

Fretboard Brazilian Rosewood?

I have a 2000 PRS Singlecut. I am not good with looking at wood and determining what it is. And being colorblind browns and reds are also tough.

So here is a couple of pics of the of my guitar. Can anyone tell if the FB is Brazilian rosewood or Indian Rosewood?

Thanks
    Jeff

I don't think they were using Braz that year on Singlecuts. I had two from that year, and they were definitely IRW.
    I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken...

In the bridge pickup cavity is a sticker called a MODCAT. There is a code there that will tell you all the details of the guitar. Fretboard wood is one of them. There is a MODCAT decoder here on the forum. My guess is it is IRW.
    1988 CE24, 1995 CE22, 2000 SC, 2003 Standard 22, 2003 Cu24 AP, 2006 Cu24 AP, 2006 SC AP, 2007 CuRo22, 2010 Starla Stoptail, 2010 Mira
    2007 SE Soapy 2, 2010 SE 25th Anni Cu24, 2012 SE Bernie, 2013 SE Angelus Custom

PRS SE50, Mesa Single RectoVerb, Mesa Lonestar, Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeah, I need to pull my MODCAT. Just thought I would put this up first. Thanks

Yup. It's Indian. I thought is was Emerald Green. But the color on the MODCAT says it is Turquoise.

That's a beautiful Singlecut, RiverRat.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat View Post
    Yup. It's Indian. I thought is was Emerald Green. But the color on the MODCAT says it is Turquoise.
    Emerald Green is a true green, compared to the blue-green of the Turquoise. Emerald Green also usually has a black back and neck; Artist packages (and a few random others, like the CU24 I had) were transparent green.

They also had Teal Black at the time, which is a shade that lives somewhere in-between.

Emerald Green and Turquoise side-by-side:

--Garrett--

Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    Emerald Green is a true green, compared to the blue-green of the Turquoise. Emerald Green also usually has a black back and neck; Artist packages (and a few random others, like the CU24 I had) were transparent green.

They also had Teal Black at the time, which is a shade that lives somewhere in-between.

Emerald Green and Turquoise side-by-side:

Nice pair, Garrett.

That seems like a weird thing to say to a guy.