Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite signature model and why finish.

Favorite signature model and why finish.

Hey guys, I am just wondering what everyones favorite signature model and finish is. Mine is the Santana in vintage sunburst

Mine is my new Tremonti in the faded blue jean blue burst...love the Tremonti, its a monster!
    2010 Black cherry 10 Top Tremonti-signed by Tremonti Modded by PTC DGT frets/signed by PRS
    2012 FBJB 10 top Tremonti-signed by Tremonti
    2012 Tremonti CustomSE Grey/Black heavily modded, DGT frets and nut at PTC
    2014 ARCHON

Angry Southern Gentleman Hopeful Sinner's Avatar
    Paul's Guitar in Copper…

Hey, don't forget every PRS guitar is a signature model!!

Just kidding. Anyway, I'll be defending the SEs. I'll go with the plain jane SE Tim Mahoney, and it comes in only one finish...

Mine may be the future Zack Myers semi/fully hollow SE!

Sparkled red Orianthi.

Quote Originally Posted by Egads View Post
    Mine may be the future Zack Myers semi/fully hollow SE!
    I'm really looking forward to seeing how the finish turns out on those. Not to mention the rest of the guitar! The proto looks SWEET.

Current favorite is the SE Akesson. Ebony board, jumbo frets, special dark birds, Tonepros bridge, and a sexy quilt top. Lots of guitar for SE money

-I'm no expert, but it seems to work and I haven't electrocuted myself yet. Which is pretty much the standard I live by.

SE Custom 24 25th Anniversary - SE Akesson+57/08's - SE 30 Head/Cab

Bonnie Pink DGT!
    Although, I have to say, I do think Goldtop is the most "classic" finish on this model. I also like the DGT Goldtop is darker and more "antique" looking than the regular PRS Goldtop color.
    Last edited by jetydosa; 11-10-2013 at 06:28 PM.

For american made it'd be the DGT and I don't really care about color. I'd also like to have a Bernie Marsden model.

Goldtop DGT. Although a goldtop Tremonti looks awesome, too. But I don't have a goldtop Tremonti.

I do have a goldtop DGT.
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

San Francisco Bay Area and west-central Ohio
    Brent Mason Siggy in natural Korina. But I couldn't find one like that with a rosewood fingerboard, so I got one in Whitewash. Looks great too!

Quote Originally Posted by andy474x View Post
    I'm really looking forward to seeing how the finish turns out on those. Not to mention the rest of the guitar! The proto looks SWEET.

Current favorite is the SE Akesson. Ebony board, jumbo frets, special dark birds, Tonepros bridge, and a sexy quilt top. Lots of guitar for SE money

This too. This or the SE Zach Myers. That other day I tried it and I just couldn't put it down. The tone is way better than any other SE singlecuts there, and it's a great looker too! Funny that I should say, I couldn't get used to the extra thick body (which is what most people like them for) and the reverse bridge vol/tone controls.

Emil Werstler in Charcoal Cherry Burst.

Oh wait...
    Plank Owner

Quote Originally Posted by maxtuna26 View Post
    This too. This or the SE Zach Myers. That other day I tried it and I just couldn't put it down. The tone is way better than any other SE singlecuts there, and it's a great looker too! Funny that I should say, I couldn't get used to the extra thick body (which is what most people like them for) and the reverse bridge vol/tone controls.
    You tried the ZM, or the Akesson? They're very similar guitars, so I would expect the ZM to be pretty sweet too. Bummer on the controls, but I can definitely see where someone used to the traditional LP layout would be thrown off. Luckily it was my first LP style guitar, so I didn't have to re-learn anything. I know what you mean about the tone compared to the other singlecut SE's though - I just haven't been that thrilled by the tone of any of the stock SE 245's. They all sound a bit thin to me. I don't know what it is about these sig's, my guess is the Tonepro's bridge, but they really sound full to me. If you can force yourself to come around to the thicker body, you won't regret it!
    -I'm no expert, but it seems to work and I haven't electrocuted myself yet. Which is pretty much the standard I live by.

SE Custom 24 25th Anniversary - SE Akesson+57/08's - SE 30 Head/Cab

I hate how everyone thinks that U.S.A. Guitars are the only good kind for a semi-good guitar player.

The John Beef model in Black

The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

Quote Originally Posted by Zach Schechtman View Post
    Hey guys, I am just wondering what everyones favorite signature model and finish is. Mine is the Santana in vintage sunburst
    Well, you're very close to being right…..

The completely correct answer is; Santana in (what else?) Santana Yellow!

Quote Originally Posted by andy474x View Post
    You tried the ZM, or the Akesson? They're very similar guitars, so I would expect the ZM to be pretty sweet too. Bummer on the controls, but I can definitely see where someone used to the traditional LP layout would be thrown off. Luckily it was my first LP style guitar, so I didn't have to re-learn anything. I know what you mean about the tone compared to the other singlecut SE's though - I just haven't been that thrilled by the tone of any of the stock SE 245's. They all sound a bit thin to me. I don't know what it is about these sig's, my guess is the Tonepro's bridge, but they really sound full to me. If you can force yourself to come around to the thicker body, you won't regret it!
    Yep, definitely. I can't see why any LP lovers wouldn't like that hefty body. As for the controls, I mean the bridge controls were put in front and the neck controls were in the back, meaning it's like "inverted". Well, FA prefered it that way, so that's the way it should be! I like the ZM for the 3 pickups. Although the middle pickup might not be of much use to me, I love the way it looks. Kinda like, an evolved blue Ace Frehley LP.

Quote Originally Posted by AaeCee View Post
    Well, you're very close to being right…..

The completely correct answer is; Santana in (what else?) Santana Yellow!
    Make it a Santana Brazilian Ltd and you have hit the jackpot ;-) oh and as you said in Santana yellow of course

http://www.vintage-stuff.co.uk/images/SLB.jpg
    Last edited by mcbprs; 11-13-2013 at 05:05 AM.
    ME1 x4
    MEIII
    Santana II BR Ltd
    Singlecut x2
    PS SC-58
    Sig Ltd
    CU24
    HBII piezo
    513 RW
    Les Paul Std
    Two Rock, Carr, Matchless & Rivera amps

You don't stop playing because you're getting old
    You get old because you stop playing
    Vintage Stuff

JA-15 in McCarty Sunburst.

PS Starla (burnt orange smokeburst), Starla (vintage cherry, IRW neck, birds), HBII (faded gray black 'double' 10-top), HB12 (black gold), NF3 (antique white/birds), 25th ann. Mira 245 (frost blue metallic), KL1812, 2011 'Stripped' 58 (goldtop)