Thread: Impending NKD - A Deal Worth Making You Aware Of

Impending NKD - A Deal Worth Making You Aware Of

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/KeyStES2-49/

Sweetwater is running a great deal on the M-Audio 49es keyboard controller. $49 and it includes a Steinway 9-foot grand VI.

Mine's on its way - figured this might be of interest to somebody out there.
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

Cool! I own that same one... it's alright.

Oh cool. Thanks for sharing. I am still rocking one that's way, way more than what I needed. I thought I'd grow into it, but I have yet to do so.
    Plank Owner

Quote Originally Posted by jfb View Post
    Oh cool. Thanks for sharing. I am still rocking one that's way, way more than what I needed. I thought I'd grow into it, but I have yet to do so.
    I'm right there with you. I'm using a Korg Karma - I haven't even scratched the surface of what's available. I figured they'd have stopped making them by the time I got through everything, but they quit long before I got remotely close.
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

Quote Originally Posted by alantig View Post
    I'm right there with you. I'm using a Korg Karma - I haven't even scratched the surface of what's available. I figured they'd have stopped making them by the time I got through everything, but they quit long before I got remotely close.
    The Karma has a lot better feeling keyboard, though, so to my mind it makes a better controller for software, even if you don't use the onboard sounds (though they are pretty good sounds, so I don't know why anyone wouldn't).

However, the little ones are nice to be able to throw into a case or pack with a laptop and go, or simply put between your computer keyboard and monitor where space is always at a premium!
    I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken...

Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    The Karma has a lot better feeling keyboard, though, so to my mind it makes a better controller for software, even if you don't use the onboard sounds (though they are pretty good sounds, so I don't know why anyone wouldn't).

However, the little ones are nice to be able to throw into a case or pack with a laptop and go, or simply put between your computer keyboard and monitor where space is always at a premium!
    Yeah! The Karma is nicer feeling for sure. I used to rock two Tritons before going all "soft" and while the MAudio isn't the worst feeling board... it's still the bare minimum for a controller.

I plan to use it as a secondary controller, mostly for either quick parts or as a lower tier for my B3 software. My keyboard technique is pretty much at a level of refinement that the feel probably won't make a lot of difference - I play like I'm wearing mittens most of the time!
    Alan