Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Positive Grid JamUp Bias for iPad

  1. #1
    Senior Member vchizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    2,182

    Positive Grid JamUp Bias for iPad

    I don't have an iPad, been thinking about getting one for a long time. I am a huge fan of the JamUp app on my iPhone. It blows everything else away IMO. I use this at home more than I play thru any actual amp by far Anyway, there's a slew of videos on this new "Bias" feature they're adding. Pretty cool stuff. There's about 10 different videos...you can even change the tolex on your amp




  2. #2
    Just a member JustRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Severn, MD
    Posts
    1,326
    I'd love to check this out. What are you using to plug your guitar into the iPhone? I'm a little hesitant since I have the IPad Mini and I don't see much detailed info on how to make this work. Couldn't get my son's Line6 stuff to work on the mini.

  3. #3
    Senior Member jfb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    O'Fallon, MO
    Posts
    4,843
    Agreed. This app slays everything else out there IMO. To hear Ola, Keith, Jeff get those types of tones out of an iPad app is mental. GET IT!
    Plank Owner

  4. #4
    Senior Member jfb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    O'Fallon, MO
    Posts
    4,843
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    I'd love to check this out. What are you using to plug your guitar into the iPhone? I'm a little hesitant since I have the IPad Mini and I don't see much detailed info on how to make this work. Couldn't get my son's Line6 stuff to work on the mini.
    The software maker also sells an input device. It's quite easy to set up and rock.
    Plank Owner

  5. #5
    Senior Member vchizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    2,182
    Quote Originally Posted by jfb View Post
    The software maker also sells an input device. It's quite easy to set up and rock.
    Yes the Jamup plug is only like $20 at GC. I've always used the iRig plug cause a already had it. The tones before this bias deal were already great, this just adds more versatility - makes me want an iPad even more now.

    Rob you'll be just fine on a mini, my iphone is just fine with it(though this bias thing is for the iPad version only). The line 6 plugs into the charge port, these other 2 use the headphone jack.
    Last edited by vchizzle; 11-12-2013 at 02:49 PM.

  6. #6
    Senior Member jfb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    O'Fallon, MO
    Posts
    4,843
    Quote Originally Posted by vchizzle View Post
    Yes the Jamup plug is only like $20 at GC. I've always used the iRig plug cause a already had it. The tones before this bias deal were already great, this just adds more versatility - makes me want an iPad even more now.

    Rob you'll be just fine on a mini, my iphone is just fine with it(though this bias thing is for the iPad version only).
    Wicked. Go get one!
    Plank Owner

  7. #7
    Just a member JustRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Severn, MD
    Posts
    1,326
    Thanks guys. The 1st JamUp Plug I saw plugged into the 30 pin connector too. I only have the Lightning connector. I had a 30 pin to Lightning adapter but it didn't seem to work. I'll look for the other type.

    (Or maybe I was seeing it wrong, since I don't have an iPhone I don't know where the headphone jack is)
    Last edited by JustRob; 11-12-2013 at 03:10 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •