Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New PTC web page is up and running (Now with more pictures!!!) :)

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    Does anyone know if "neck re-carve with neck re-finish" means that they could change a DGT neck to more of a wide-thin? As well as leaving off the lacquer and make it smooth?
    I've dreamed of a wide-thin DGT but thought the PTC didn't mess with necks.
    I would imagine they could thin out a DGT neck but they can't make the nut width any wider, the wood just isn't there any more. I'm sure they could do a re-neck. I saw some pictures of Joost in Brazil make himself a solid BRW wide-fat, steam the existing neck off a stock DGT and install the new wide-fat on there, so it can be done.
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

Quote Originally Posted by John Beef View Post
    I would imagine they could thin out a DGT neck but they can't make the nut width any wider, the wood just isn't there any more. I'm sure they could do a re-neck. I saw some pictures of Joost in Brazil make himself a solid BRW wide-fat, steam the existing neck off a stock DGT and install the new wide-fat on there, so it can be done.
    Thanks, I remember seeing that Joost thread, he did some awesome work. I think even a wide-thin-skinny-at-the-nut would be pretty sweet, almost like an Ibanez RG neck. I inquired with them a few years ago about putting a rosewood neck on a CE and they said they don't do neck replacements.
    12 408 - 12 DGT - 09 Tremonti II - 98 CU24 - 97 CE22 - Mesa MarkIV - Kemper Profiler Amp - EVH 5150 III - PRS Archon

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    Does anyone know if "neck re-carve with neck re-finish" means that they could change a DGT neck to more of a wide-thin? As well as leaving off the lacquer and make it smooth?
    I've dreamed of a wide-thin DGT but thought the PTC didn't mess with necks.
    Like John said I'm not sure if shoulder length and all of that is wider, but as long as your contracting a neck size it should work. PTC cannot replace necks completely, but they can fix almost any broken one. I'm fairly confident they could take a pile of saw dust and reconstruct a neck if they wanted to...

Quote Originally Posted by ElrytNamrogo View Post
    Hahaha....she looks like she's doin' a great job, too. Are those Bareknuckle Warpigs you got loaded in that thing???
    Aftermath's actually! They're OK, but not my favorite. I think they'll be swapped for a set of \m/ pickups soon which I absolutely love.
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

We can carve the neck to have the wide thin feel, but it won't be a true "wide thin" because as John stated, we can't add wood where it doesn't exist (at the nut).

We don't "re-neck guitars". When we started the PTC, Paul didn't want to offer replacement necks or bodies.

My name be scrambled ElrytNamrogo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by themike View Post
    Aftermath's actually! They're OK, but not my favorite. I think they'll be swapped for a set of \m/ pickups soon which I absolutely love.
    Yeah, I was pondering the same thing with my Custom 22....I like the Dragon 2's but they're a little too shrill to me and those \m/ pickups sound massive when driven and very well-balanced in their clean tones. If and when I decide to send her off, I want to make sure I do it right. Ever since I saw that original post of your PTC experience, I've been bouncing all kinds of ideas around in my head.
    --Tyler G--
    2012 PRS Custom 24
    - Burnt Maple Leaf 10-top
    2008 PRS Custom 22 - Santana Yellow - Rosewood Neck - 10-top
    PRS SE Singlecut Trem - Tobacco Sunburst -Grover Locking Tuners - Bareknuckle Rebel Yells - Push/Pull Volume and Tone - Graphtech Self Lubricating nut

Quote Originally Posted by themike View Post
    Like John said I'm not sure if shoulder length and all of that is wider, but as long as your contracting a neck size it should work. PTC cannot replace necks completely, but they can fix almost any broken one. I'm fairly confident they could take a pile of saw dust and reconstruct a neck if they wanted to...

Mike says the \m/ pups will Carcass.
    Plank Owner

Angry Southern Gentleman Hopeful Sinner's Avatar
    57/08 pickups installed for less than $500!!!

YES PLEASE!!!

Does this mean they may be available for sale in the Store soon???

Shawn, as coincidence would have it......... I have a package arriving for you today!!!

I am a PTC heavy user. From a new set of tuners to a new finish and reshape a neck, I just love to have the guys from PRS to do it. And I am doing that from Brazil. Yeah, some people are worried or think it's complicated to ship a guitar to do this kind of service. Well, international shipping in a country (Brazil) with so many bureaucracy is a pain and takes time and I think I my PRS guitars deserve that kind of treatment.
    Hail to the Hot Rod kings or the PRS Special Forces Team, as I prefer to call them. Huge fan here

I have sent 2 guitars to the PTC for re frets and small repairs. The PTC is untouchable with their level of service, craftsmanship and everything involved with the work being done. I have another Tremonti that's going to need a re fret soon! I call the guys at PTC the Top Guns at PRS...because they are , another huge fan here too!
    2010 Black cherry 10 Top Tremonti-signed by Tremonti Modded by PTC DGT frets
    2010 Mira Vintage Mahogany-Dragon 1 pup in bridge
    2012 Faded Blue Jean Burst 10 Top Tremonti
    2012 PRS Tremonti Custom SE Grey/Black PRS Phase 2 tuners, Mannmade 2000NOS Trem,Refret with DGT frets at PTC, USA nut, PRS USA pots and knobs

Dig the new page, Shawn! I've had the PTC work on several of my guitars and they all come back looking wonderful!

With regard to the "Signature Switching" option, does that mean they add the little circular "cups" to the top like they come stock, or are the switches just going to sit flush against the top? I know they would look much nicer (and closer to stock) with the little cutouts underneath, but I could see that being a PITA for the PTC folks since that then requires some finish touch-up too, so I'm guessing it's probably the latter right?

Either way, good stuff! I'm digging the addition of the "add Floyd Rose" option specifically calling out that you guys offer that service now since that's still one thing I've been going back and forth on for a while, so it's nice to see the prices listed finally! Maybe I'll grab a cheap CE-24 someday and send her in for the OFR upgrade (as well as some other fun stuff, I'm sure... hehehe...) as that's still something I'm lacking right now.
    -Matt

Thanks for all the compliments folks. The PTC are a talented, creative and dedicated bunch of guys!

Matt, we can add the divots to the sig switching or surface mount the toggles, it's your choice. If the divots are added, a total refin is in order.

I just noticed some of the items that are priced at the bottom of the page. Cool!
    Plank Owner

Defender of the Universe HANGAR18's Avatar
    I could use some clarification as to the meaning of the following line in terms of "parts & labor" or just "labor" only etc.
    "57/08, 59/09, Artist V pickup install - $475"
    MEGADETH - METALLICA - JUDAS PRIEST - IRON MAIDEN - SLAYER - BLACK LABEL SOCIETY - TED NUGENT - AC/DC - TWISTED SISTER - KISS - CHEAP TRICK - ZZ TOP

The site looks great, Shawn!

Another PTC fan here. The work they do is superb. I had a setup done and some other tweaks, and was absolutely floored by how fantastic the guitar turned out.

Hail the PTC!
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by jfb View Post
    I just noticed some of the items that are priced at the bottom of the page. Cool!
    Yes!

Services
    Here is a list of the most common services performed at the PTC. Don’t see what you want? Contact us for more information.

*All prices listed are estimates only. The final cost of the repair will be determined after a hands-on evaluation of the instrument (but before any work is done). The PTC only accepts PRS guitars for service.

Setup - $150
    Level/crown/setup - $200
    5-way to 3-way toggle - $125
    57/08, 59/09, Artist V pickup install - $475
    Refret - $450
    Install supplied pickups - $100
    Floyd Rose install (PRS provides a Floyd Rose Original Tremolo ) - $775 chrome, $825 gold
    Tuner conversion of wing collar tuners to Phase II style tuners - $300
    Sig switching - $300
    Blocking a tremolo - $200
    Neck recarve w/neck refinish - $650
    Rosewood neck treatment - $100

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post

Great work on the site. Echo the same sentiment. PTC is worth every penny.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    Yes!

Services
    Here is a list of the most common services performed at the PTC. Don’t see what you want? Contact us for more information.

*All prices listed are estimates only. The final cost of the repair will be determined after a hands-on evaluation of the instrument (but before any work is done). The PTC only accepts PRS guitars for service.

Setup - $150
    Level/crown/setup - $200
    5-way to 3-way toggle - $125
    57/08, 59/09, Artist V pickup install - $475
    Refret - $450
    Install supplied pickups - $100
    Floyd Rose install (PRS provides a Floyd Rose Original Tremolo ) - $775 chrome, $825 gold
    Sig switching - $300
    Blocking a tremolo - $200
    Neck recarve w/neck refinish - $650
    Rosewood neck treatment - $100
    I have an idea. It's the ultimate of insane bastard ideas the PTC will have ever seen...this I assure you.
    Plank Owner

I was thinking of getting a set of \m/s for my Tremonti and putting them in myself - until I saw this thread.

Now I'm thinking \m/s with sig switching...
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner