Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: NNGD.

  1. #1
    Senior Member sergiodeblanc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Downers Grove Il.
    Posts
    5,165

    NNGD.

    No New Guitar Day. I got denied.... AGAIN!!!!!


    I have been having a hell of a time on my guitar adventure lately... Remember that broke-a$$ gold EG that I was peepin' on ebay? Well after the guy cancelled his second listing he did a third, and it sold for less than I bid the first time around when he was slightly jerky to me.

    The hilarious thing about that one is that the new owner has it back up for like, twice the price he won it for. The sadistic-venegful little-baby b!tch in me is feeling smug knowing that the original seller knows he blew it, and the other parts of me wonder what the new owner, who should be intimately aware of what the going market value for that particular guitar is... 'cause he bought it, is thinking... I mean, if I do a completed listing search for an EG to determine a market value (like every buyer does) I can see what he bought that for.... and that its still broken. I mean I hope he gets what he's lookin' for, he won fair and square it's his to do whatever he wants with and everything, I just don't understand.


    I'll skip the Santana SE that I won, and then was told they sold it to another person. I still have a picture of it, it haunts me.


    Okay, now this one has just plain never happened to me before... I contact the seller and tell him I'm interested in his guitar, we make arrangements for the next day and I give him my cell number, and then nothing. Cool,... it's craigslist, people flake and there are scammers, somebody else bought it, no big deal.
    Then the next day he emails and describes a few additional details about the guitars condition, gives me his number, and wants me to assure him that I actually have money and that I'm not just a tire-kicker, he wants a photo of a hundred dollar bill. Weird, but okay....




    I call him and leave a voicemail saying I don't need to check the guitar out, I just want it. This dude actually made me wave my money IN HIS FACE!!!!! And then.....nothing.
    Hours go by, and I send him an email saying I understand if he's busy, just communicate that and let me know.. 'cause I'm beginning to get the feeling he doesn't want to sell the guitar... that's cool, I wouldn't either, that's why I'm trying to BUY IT. His almost immediate email response?.... "good luck".

    Ah Ha ha ha ha HA! WTF?... That's like some sh!t I would say to somebody! Oohh did I get pissy, I've been watching this dude lower his asking price for MONTHS!... It's a nice PRS and he's having trouble selling, I could see it if he's just placating his wife by leaving the ad up when he really doesn't want to sell, but then why keep lowering the price? I went through the base emotions of wanting to respond flippantly to his email or to flag the ad out of spite but..... what am I? Twelve? I just found it absurd that I was waving cash in a sellers face.. his asking price, no haggling, and he basically told me to go play in traffic.

    No coupon from JFB, no new guitar, no shirt, no shoes, no DICE! Dammit! I wanted that SAS.... but the guitar gods have other plans for me I guess. I did get a pretty b!tchin avatar out of it though.

  2. #2
    Senior Member veinbuster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    GTA, or PA, or vacation
    Posts
    2,087
    I might have some spare dice.
    Do you like 7s?

  3. #3
    Senior Member jfb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    O'Fallon, MO
    Posts
    4,836
    Sergio! I'm going to be in Gurnee, IL Thursday through Sunday. Just saying.
    Plank Owner

  4. #4
    Senior Member Rider1260's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    330
    Its a sign you should have a KL33


    Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    No New Guitar Day. I got denied.... AGAIN!!!!!


    I have been having a hell of a time on my guitar adventure lately... Remember that broke-a$$ gold EG that I was peepin' on ebay? Well after the guy cancelled his second listing he did a third, and it sold for less than I bid the first time around when he was slightly jerky to me.

    The hilarious thing about that one is that the new owner has it back up for like, twice the price he won it for. The sadistic-venegful little-baby b!tch in me is feeling smug knowing that the original seller knows he blew it, and the other parts of me wonder what the new owner, who should be intimately aware of what the going market value for that particular guitar is... 'cause he bought it, is thinking... I mean, if I do a completed listing search for an EG to determine a market value (like every buyer does) I can see what he bought that for.... and that its still broken. I mean I hope he gets what he's lookin' for, he won fair and square it's his to do whatever he wants with and everything, I just don't understand.


    I'll skip the Santana SE that I won, and then was told they sold it to another person. I still have a picture of it, it haunts me.


    Okay, now this one has just plain never happened to me before... I contact the seller and tell him I'm interested in his guitar, we make arrangements for the next day and I give him my cell number, and then nothing. Cool,... it's craigslist, people flake and there are scammers, somebody else bought it, no big deal.
    Then the next day he emails and describes a few additional details about the guitars condition, gives me his number, and wants me to assure him that I actually have money and that I'm not just a tire-kicker, he wants a photo of a hundred dollar bill. Weird, but okay....




    I call him and leave a voicemail saying I don't need to check the guitar out, I just want it. This dude actually made me wave my money IN HIS FACE!!!!! And then.....nothing.
    Hours go by, and I send him an email saying I understand if he's busy, just communicate that and let me know.. 'cause I'm beginning to get the feeling he doesn't want to sell the guitar... that's cool, I wouldn't either, that's why I'm trying to BUY IT. His almost immediate email response?.... "good luck".

    Ah Ha ha ha ha HA! WTF?... That's like some sh!t I would say to somebody! Oohh did I get pissy, I've been watching this dude lower his asking price for MONTHS!... It's a nice PRS and he's having trouble selling, I could see it if he's just placating his wife by leaving the ad up when he really doesn't want to sell, but then why keep lowering the price? I went through the base emotions of wanting to respond flippantly to his email or to flag the ad out of spite but..... what am I? Twelve? I just found it absurd that I was waving cash in a sellers face.. his asking price, no haggling, and he basically told me to go play in traffic.

    No coupon from JFB, no new guitar, no shirt, no shoes, no DICE! Dammit! I wanted that SAS.... but the guitar gods have other plans for me I guess. I did get a pretty b!tchin avatar out of it though.
    PRS Family - SCT, 408, 305, CU22, MEII
    Others LesPaul , Stratocaster , Guild
    Amps - Mesa MK2B , Egnater Tweaker 15
    Effects - Tonal Insanity Guitar Effects ( I make them ) TC Electronics Nova

  5. #5
    Senior Member sergiodeblanc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Downers Grove Il.
    Posts
    5,165
    Quote Originally Posted by jfb View Post
    Sergio! I'm going to be in Gurnee, IL Thursday through Sunday. Just saying.
    Dude, hit me up! I'm crashin' at my sis's place right off 294 before Gurnee, supposed to be a bangin' mexican restaurant up here.

  6. #6
    Senior Member sergiodeblanc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Downers Grove Il.
    Posts
    5,165
    Quote Originally Posted by Rider1260 View Post
    Its a sign you should have a KL33
    Or a Westie....

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    Or a Westie....
    Yup.
    One Life

  8. #8
    Senior Member jfb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    O'Fallon, MO
    Posts
    4,836
    Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    Dude, hit me up! I'm crashin' at my sis's place right off 294 before Gurnee, supposed to be a bangin' mexican restaurant up here.
    Will do. Yeah we do Mexican at a few different places. I think one is in Libertyville.
    Plank Owner

  9. #9
    These are times that crush men's souls.
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

  10. #10
    Angry Southern Gentleman Hopeful Sinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    1,382
    Bummer dude...

    I had an extremely positive PRS/craigslist experience recently.

    Maybe the guitar gods are still hanging out down here in "tha dirty".

    I'll send them back your way Serg...

  11. #11
    This just means you need to be saving your money because the one you really want is on the way...







    I also understand you can get free quotes by phone for a variety of professional services, just fill out a quick form online and they'll call you back till they get a hold of you....
    Last edited by rabidhamster; 11-25-2013 at 02:12 AM.

  12. #12
    Senior Member sergiodeblanc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Downers Grove Il.
    Posts
    5,165
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful Sinner View Post

    I'll send them back your way Serg...
    Yeah buddy!

    Quote Originally Posted by rabidhamster View Post


    I also understand you can get free quotes by phone for a variety of professional services, just fill out a quick form online and they'll call you back till they get a hold of you....
    I'm not falling for the whole "massage" specialists thing again.

  13. #13
    DEEPER STRIATIONS markie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,362
    Sergio............................ Blocked again
    Fanboy of the Jester (AKA) James (Previously known as 11top)

  14. #14
    Senior Member jfb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    O'Fallon, MO
    Posts
    4,836
    Quote Originally Posted by markie View Post
    Sergio............................ Blocked again
    He's about to get unblocked in a big way. I can feel it.
    Plank Owner

  15. #15
    Name Manglin' Putz alantig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,084
    A major guitar enema is about to kick in...the rumblings are slightly above afoot...
    Alan

    "I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •