Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who would you like to see playing a PRS???

Who would you like to see playing a PRS???

A bit of fun

Out of your favourite players, who would you like to see playing a PRS??

For me, it would be interesting to see Clapton use one (kind of a tone crossover between his Cream days and his period since), and maybe Robert Cray as his sound is getting thinner these days and could do with some girth to his tone........

For Rock artists maybe a good endorsement would mr Grohl himself, imagine a Dave Grohl SE....they would sell in there droves.....

C'mon PRS artist relations get to it.

PRS SE Custom 24 in Royal Blue
    Fender Mustang III V2
    Fender Squier Telecaster in Butterscotch Blond
    Stagg Electro Acoustic

I would like to see Angus Young of AC/DC rock a 245 SC, or a Custom 22 or a 408.
    But I do not think that would happen, as he uses the iconic shape of the SGs horns as a symbol.

Guys like Clapton and Angus Young are completely identified by their guitars. On the other hand, I have seen Trans-Siberian Orchestra play a few times. Chris Caffery used a few different guitars, and I would have loved to see him pick up a PRS.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Guys like Clapton and Angus Young are completely identified by their guitars.
    Both of them are one of the reasons I bought my 2012 SG '61 Reissue when I got back into guitars after a 30 year break.
    Although Clapton uses a Strat most of the time, but back in the Cream days it was an SG.

For sure...an established star would be more likely to start his own guitar company than switch from an iconic instrument made by a major builder. Can't picture G or F letting this happen. Key is to get an "up and coming" guitar superstar early on while they are open to switching brands (Govan is switching every year it seems), it may be easier for Grissom or Knowles to become the next Clapton than to get Clapton to switch. Bonamassa would have been perfect for PRS, but he's probably gone too far over to the G-Dark-Side.
    Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
    Jimi Hendrix

absolutely yes but wouldn't it be interesting to hear what they sound like playing a PRS?
    PRS SE Custom 24 in Royal Blue
    Fender Mustang III V2
    Fender Squier Telecaster in Butterscotch Blond
    Stagg Electro Acoustic

Quote Originally Posted by CoreyT View Post
    Especially since there is now a Bonamassa signature Les Paul.
    There have been a number of limited run versions at various price points (Epi>Studio>Standard>Custom Shop) but I don't think they've ever had it available as a "permanent" model in their lineup....yet. He seems to be single-handedly trying to collect all of the original 59/60 LP's he can though...so I'm sure they will soon. He plays an impressive variety of electrics & acoustics live...would love to see him wield a PRS someday.
    Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Jon van derlim View Post
    absolutely yes but wouldn't it be interesting to hear what they sound like playing a PRS?
    I guess some of us misinterpreted the intention of your OP to mean who COULD you see becoming a new PRS endorser. I'd love to see every guitar player I love playing a PRS. For me top three choices to see rock a PRS would be Jeff Beck, Dave Gilmour or Jimmy Paige...but if we're going totally hypothetical...I'd love to see Hendrix rip on my White BM Sig!!!!
    Jimi Hendrix

My name be scrambled ElrytNamrogo's Avatar
    I'd like to see Jerry Cantrell rock a PRS....when I was growing up, he was the epitome of "rocker." Seeing him with an all black PRS equipped with just a bridge pickup would be badass.
    --Tyler G--
    2012 PRS Custom 24
    - Burnt Maple Leaf 10-top
    2008 PRS Custom 22 - Santana Yellow - Rosewood Neck - 10-top
    PRS SE Singlecut Trem - Tobacco Sunburst -Grover Locking Tuners - Bareknuckle Rebel Yells - Push/Pull Volume and Tone - Graphtech Self Lubricating nut

Quote Originally Posted by Tosca View Post
    I guess some of us misinterpreted the intention of your OP to mean who COULD you see becoming a new PRS endorser. I'd love to see every guitar player I love playing a PRS. For me top three choices to see rock a PRS would be Jeff Beck, Dave Gilmour or Jimmy Paige...but if we're going totally hypothetical...I'd love to see Hendrix rip on my White BM Sig!!!!
    Jimmy Page playing a PRS? Now that would be cool...

Oh yeah, in fantasy land I want to see all my old favorites playing them. Tony Iommi, and Geezer Butler. Both guys from Iron Maiden (lose the 3rd guy, you didn't need him when I became a fan).

Hendrix would be awesome, but I would cry if he set it on fire.

Hey, guys, I just got off a conference call with Les Paul and Jimi Hendrix, and they're both switching to PRS!
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    Hey, guys, I just got off a conference call with Les Paul and Jimi Hendrix, and they're both switching to PRS!
    and SRV?
    2013 PRS Custom 24 - Charcoal Burst Quilt - 57/08
    Ibanez SR650 Poplar Burl 4 string bass
    Carvin Cobalt Acoustic
    Douglas 7 String

Quote Originally Posted by JRod4928 View Post
    and SRV?
    Man... I love SRV, but I just don't know if I would want to mess with that kind of perfection! It would have been cool to see though, just for kicks.

I'd really like to see Bonamassa make the switch, the way the PRS singlecuts perform, I think it would just blow everyone's heads clean off. I'd also like to see Keith Urban playing PRS exclusively, he plays a little bit of everything, lately I think he's been using a Mira 245 soapbar a bit, but he just has a knack for working great guitar tones into well written songs. I don't think he's necessarily a virtuoso player, though he's definitely good, but I think he could do a lot with PRS.
    -I'm no expert, but it seems to work and I haven't electrocuted myself yet. Which is pretty much the standard I live by.

SE Custom 24 25th Anniversary - SE Akesson+57/08's - SE 30 Head/Cab

Quote Originally Posted by JRod4928 View Post
    and SRV?
    Funny, I just spoke with him the other day, but we didn't talk about guitars.
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

408 Birds in the Sky megaboogie's Avatar
    I always pictured John Petrucci would fit well playing a PRS.
    He is a boogie guy, and PRS gutars usually sound amazing thru boogies. For the type of music he plays, tonally PRS will fit very well too. I could see his sig. model happening with a P24 trem, \m/ pickups or customized pickups.

Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    I hope you invited them to this year's PRSX.......
    Jimi Hendrix

I'd like to see Cheetah Chrome and Wally Bryson, along with Steve Hunter and Dick Wagner.

Carlos Santana!! That would be awes -- what? Oh, never mind . . .