Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I have a 408 Standard & Signature Limited and am considering getting rid of the 408..

Quote Originally Posted by alantig View Post
    I haven't played a pattern thin, so take this with a grain of salt...the DGT neck for me is just about perfect. It just disappears into my hand. It's a bit bigger than the wide thin I have, but to me, not close to a wide fat. Very close to a regular, though. And I'd have to check my hang tag, but I believe my 408 is listed as a pattern neck, but it feels more like a regular - it's very close to the DGT. I've said before that if I ever do a PS, I might take my DGT to the factory ('cause if I'm doing this, I want the flipping wood library experience!) and see if they can duplicate the neck. It's that good.
    I just crossed the DGT off my list thinking it was a fatter neck than a pattern profile.

After reading this and the Neck Profiles and Measurements section in the PRS Support section of their site though, I think I need to get my grubby lil mitts on one and try it out for myself. Always a problem when one lives in BFE Wyberia. Thanks.
    2007 Ibanez JEM7V, LTD EC-1000VB, LTD GUS-600 EC
    PRS SE Torero - Limited Edition Solid Black with White Binding
    2012 PRS 408 Standard Trem - Natural with Pattern Thin Rosewood Neck
    2012 PRS Signature Limited Trem - Charcoal Burst

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Downing View Post
    is there a major difference tone wise between the new two piece bridge and the old one piece wraparound bridge? Thanks.
    I think so, and I prefer the wrapover. Others prefer the two piece. It's a purely a personal preference thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Twinfan View Post
    I think so, and I prefer the wrapover. Others prefer the two piece. It's a purely a personal preference thing...
    Thanks, I personally prefer the looks of the wraparound bridge. While I've only owned two USA PRSi and three SE models, I've never had an intonation problem or any other problem for that matter.

I thought I'd kinda settled on an ME Quatro, then I started reading more on the P-22/24's and am now lusting for one. Best I can tell, the stoptails come with the 53/10's and the Trems with 57/08's. Decisions...decisions!

We'll, I've narrowed it down to a made in USA PRS. I think it's time for a poll!

Good luck Bill!

I'm betting something will cross your path that you won't be able to resist, and you'll know it when that happens.
    I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken...

Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    Good luck Bill!

I'm betting something will cross your path that you won't be able to resist, and you'll know it when that happens.
    Thanks and you're correct. In my gut, I think my next PRS will be some form of SC. I've had a thing for Les Pauls for as long as I can remember, but am not a fan of a lot of things Gibson these days. To me the PRS SC is simply a better all around product. Whether an SC is going to cure my LP craving remains to be seen. Either way, I don't know if I'll be able to part with this 408 in this process, because it and the Sig Ltd are just different enough in feel and tone to maybe justify keeping both.

Occasionally Onery Member CantankerousCarl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Downing View Post
    I don't know if I'll be able to part with this 408 in this process, because it and the Sig Ltd are just different enough in feel and tone to maybe justify keeping both.
    I was worried that my 408 Brazzy was going to be too similar to my Siggy Trem...it wasn't. Then I was worried that my PG was going to be too similar to one of those two...it wasn't. There is plenty of room for all The 408s, narrow or wide, seem to be able to bring out the differences in all of the guitars beautifully. That being said, I was THIIIIIIIIIS close to pulling the trigger on a Stripped 58 right before I got the 408 Brazzy - A/B's that against a new SC they had and I preferred the Stripper. There will be a used one in my future sometime...
    1990, 91, 92 & 97 CE24s | 1991 CU24 | 2003 & 04 SE EG SSS | 2008 SE Semi-Hollow Soapbar
    2011 CU24 GC Throwback | 2012 Signature Limited | 2013 408 Brazilian | 2013 Paul's Guitar
    2013 Hollowbody II | 2013 CU24 Swamp Ash Limited | 2013 XPRS 408 Semi-Hollow
    2013 S2 Mira | 2013 CU24 | 2014 CU24 Semi-Hollow

Quote Originally Posted by CantankerousCarl View Post
    I was worried that my 408 Brazzy was going to be too similar to my Siggy Trem...it wasn't. Then I was worried that my PG was going to be too similar to one of those two...it wasn't. There is plenty of room for all The 408s, narrow or wide, seem to be able to bring out the differences in all of the guitars beautifully. That being said, I was THIIIIIIIIIS close to pulling the trigger on a Stripped 58 right before I got the 408 Brazzy - A/B's that against a new SC they had and I preferred the Stripper. There will be a used one in my future sometime...
    Thanks for your input. I agree and am currently leaning towards keeping the 408 as I've bonded with it. I'm generally not a fan of neck binding on PRSi as I don't feel they need it, but on an SC style guitar it just gives off that classic vibe. I'm sure I wouldn't miss it if I got a Stripped 58 or new SC 245, Like you, I played an SC 58 I really dug compared to a new SC 245. Isn't the new SC 245 and the Stripped 58 identical so long as the Stripped 58 has the optional bird inlays?