Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OK, It's holiday time again. And, I know it's been done before......

I hadda lotta help from Jack Daniels...Clarks Dad

Quote Originally Posted by Boogie View Post
    This is why Markie doesn't wear socks. He'd be mistaken for cousin Eddie.
    Happens quite often regardless.
    Sh*tter's full

Clark: Hey, Kids, I heard on the news that an airline pilot spotted Santa's sleigh on its way in from New York City.

Eddie: [after a pause] You serious, Clark?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Todd: Hey Griswold. Where do you think you're gonna put a tree that big?

Clark: Bend over and I'll show you.

Todd: You've got a lot of nerve talking to me like that Griswold.

Clark: I wasn't talking to you.

Sh*tter's full

Quote Originally Posted by iahawk36 View Post
    "She's a BEAUT, Clark!"
    I watched this movie again Saturday night and discovered this was said by Clark's dad about his house, not by cousin Eddie about the Christmas tree in the "Mississippi Leg Hound" scene.

So, when I browse guitar forums, I hear cousin Eddie in a faux turtleneck sweater saying, "She's a beaut, Clark." Even though that never really happened.
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

Save the neck for me, Clark

Eddie: Well, you see, the plate runs underneath my part here, and the other side... [bangs his right side] Nothing. But here, if this gets dented, then my hair just ain't gonna look right.

Last edited by 11top; 12-19-2013 at 08:09 PM.
    Sh*tter's full

Quote Originally Posted by 11top View Post
    Eddie: Well, you see, the plate runs underneath my part here, and the other side... [bangs his right side] Nothing. But here, if this gets dented, then my hair just ain't gonna look right.

Watched this movie last night cause of this thread.
    Plank Owner

Quote Originally Posted by jfb View Post
    Watched this movie last night cause of this thread.
    Same here. Watched it with my youngest (18 yo) daughter. I kept hitting her and saying, "Listen to this part!" (as she was only half paying attention…)

She asked me how many times I'd seen the movie. I did the math, saying at least twice a year, since it came out almost 20 years ago…

She couldn't believe it. She was also amazed that I had seen "It's a Wonderful Life" several times a year for the last 40-50 years…

Kids today…

Jamie
    ---Jamie---

My Gear

Quote Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
    Same here. Watched it with my youngest (18 yo) daughter. I kept hitting her and saying, "Listen to this part!" (as she was only half paying attention…)

She asked me how many times I'd seen the movie. I did the math, saying at least twice a year, since it came out almost 20 years ago…

She couldn't believe it. She was also amazed that I had seen "It's a Wonderful Life" several times a year for the last 40-50 years…

Kids today…

Jamie
    My wife won't watch it with me because I always say the lines right before they're said in the movie.

I'm getting back at her for Jeopardy (she always kicks my butt).
    Sh*tter's full

Quote Originally Posted by 11top View Post
    My wife won't watch it with me because I always say the lines right before they're said in the movie.

I'm getting back at her for Jeopardy (she always kicks my butt).
    I'm that way with Animal House, Caddy Shack and a host of other movies… It drives them crazy! (and that's why we do it…)

And she's like that wit Gone with the Wind… (like I'm gonna' sit thru that 3 hour movie again and again…)

Jamie
    ---Jamie---

My Gear

"Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?" - Clark Griswold

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America..." -Aunt Bethany
    "You come around here with these... SOUL DESTROYERS... clad in some kinda paisley rittenou... I don't even know what rittenou means." -Greg Koch re: PRS amps

I'm that way with Animal House, Caddy Shack and a host of other movies… It drives them crazy! (and that's why we do it…)

And she's like that wit Gone with the Wind… (like I'm gonna' sit thru that 3 hour movie again and again…)
    Rocky Horror, Pulp Fiction, Kevin Smith and Monty Python flicks are like that for me. And I love Gone With The Wind - I just can't find time to watch it more than about once a year. Three hours is a butt-load of time nowadays.

Interesting Jeopardy tie-in - there was a really good blues guitarist in these parts named Glenn Pavone. My buddy knew his drummer (first drummer, anyway). My buddy said they were at a club one night watching the band, and Pavone was soloing with his head back, eyes open like he was looking into the rafters, and every now and then, his mouth would move. One of the people in my buddy's party said, "I can't take this any more - I have to see what he's looking at." So he walked up to that side of the stage and looked at the ceiling. There was a TV there and Jeopardy was on - he was answering the questions while he played.
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

My kids hate watching Jeopardy with me. I yell out the answers before Alex finishes the question…
    ---Jamie---

My Gear

My kids hate watching Jeopardy with me. I yell out the answers before Alex finishes the question…
    +1.

Although my shining shout-out-the-answer moment was with Wheel Of Fortune before we had kids. My wife was watching and I walked through the room just as they unveiled the new puzzle, and Pat said "There's is an apostrophe in this one..." I said, "For Pete's sake" and continued to the bathroom.

Then heard my wife say, "Oh...my...god..."
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

I love the Jeopardy scene in Groundhog Day. Hilarious!
    2007 Ibanez JEM7V, LTD EC-1000VB, LTD GUS-600 EC
    PRS SE Torero - Limited Edition Solid Black with White Binding
    2012 PRS 408 Standard Trem - Natural with Pattern Thin Rosewood Neck
    2012 PRS Signature Limited Trem - Charcoal Burst

Well, actually, I'm the same way........................................

.............................but my answers don't seem to match.
    Sh*tter's full