Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 128

Thread: PRS Tattoo

  1. #1
    chief Shawn@PRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1985
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    3,670

    PRS Tattoo

    So every once in a while I'll get an email from someone with a fresh PRS tattoo. Sometimes it's the Birds, sometimes it's the headtsock, sometimes it more. You may remember the late, great Bugs Henderson had an entire PRS guitar tattooed on his arm (red of course)! To me, a tattoo is the ultimate in commitment and dedication.

    So let's see 'em, SHOW OFF YOUR PRS TATTOOS.

  2. #2
    Senior Member themike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,838

    Re: PRS Tattoo

    I have a half sleeve already designed by the artist and ready to go with some PRS love in it - but the session wont be until late summer. Don't want to rush these things :lol:
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

  3. #3

    Re: PRS Tattoo

    Quote Originally Posted by themike
    I have a half sleeve already designed by the artist and ready to go with some PRS love in it - but the session wont be until late summer. Don't want to rush these things :lol:
    Speaking as a man who is 25% of the way into a full-body suit, I can only offer two replies...

    1) If you are going beyond a single image, think in terms of the complete tapestry and leave room for stories you'll learn in the journey ahead. Many individual images can be tricky to blend.
    2) A full color half-sleeve is going to be more than one session. :lol:
    One Life

  4. #4
    Senior Member themike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,838

    Re: PRS Tattoo

    Quote Originally Posted by Hans
    Speaking as a man who is 25% of the way into a full-body suit, I can only offer two replies...

    1) If you are going beyond a single image, think in terms of the complete tapestry and leave room for stories you'll learn in the journey ahead. Many individual images can be tricky to blend.
    2) A full color half-sleeve is going to be more than one session. :lol:
    Oh trust me I know haha Let me rephrase that, "session 1 on the outlining" will be in late summer. And exactly, there is plenty of room to add on to from both sides (shoulder/chest or lower arm) if I choose to later. Its a big deal and thats why I waited until I was 24 to commit to it - I know several friends who went full sleve on their 18th birthday and can't tell you what half of their work means :lol:
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

  5. #5
    Senior Member PRSHB2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    197

    Re: PRS Tattoo

    Hope to see some examples. I plan on getting one soon myself. I'd posted up the same thing on another forum, but haven't seen anything yet.

    Shawn: Are you at liberty to share any of those that have been emailed to you?

  6. #6
    Senior Member vchizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    2,403

    Re: PRS Tattoo

    Avatar - I'm looking to get more work done soon...right now it's just a ring of birds around my forearm.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    MD.
    Posts
    205

    Re: PRS Tattoo

    This could be the next frontier for the PTC.....tats! C'mon, you're already a talented, artistic group there, so just buying the equipment and coming up with a few standard designs should be a cinch!

    Hmmmmm.....I'm thinking dragons..... :mrgreen:

  8. #8
    10 o' Clubs & GC SalesRep OsirisProtocol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Buffalo/New York
    Posts
    96

    Re: PRS Tattoo

    Quote Originally Posted by AaeCee
    This could be the next frontier for the PTC.....tats! C'mon, you're already a talented, artistic group there, so just buying the equipment and coming up with a few standard designs should be a cinch!

    Hmmmmm.....I'm thinking dragons..... :mrgreen:
    Dragons would be in the Private Stock tat department.
    -Denny
    BAM Survivor

  9. #9
    chief Shawn@PRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1985
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    3,670

    Re: PRS Tattoo

    Quote Originally Posted by PRSHB2
    Hope to see some examples. I plan on getting one soon myself. I'd posted up the same thing on another forum, but haven't seen anything yet.

    Shawn: Are you at liberty to share any of those that have been emailed to you?
    I'd love to share some of the pics with you, but I don't want to betray anyone's trust. I'll let the proud owners post up if they so choose.

  10. #10
    chief Shawn@PRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1985
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    3,670

    Re: PRS Tattoo

    Quote Originally Posted by AaeCee
    This could be the next frontier for the PTC.....tats! C'mon, you're already a talented, artistic group there, so just buying the equipment and coming up with a few standard designs should be a cinch!

    Hmmmmm.....I'm thinking dragons..... :mrgreen:

    Could you imagine what Skitchy would come up with? I'm thinking the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man, meets Atari, meets B movie Zombie!

  11. #11
    DGT Club Vice President
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    South Riding, VA
    Posts
    810

    Re: PRS Tattoo

    Work won't allow me to have anything showing...as soon as I retire, the forearms will be covered in guitar related awesomeness. Someone had an eagle with Tiki stuff on the inside...it was way cool!
    __________________________________________

    mgd

    DGTs

  12. #12
    Junior Member berto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Novi, MI
    Posts
    11

    Re: PRS Tattoo

    Nice...

    Personally, I don't show my shoulder cap that I plan to grow someday...

    it does have a guitar reference among many other things but I won't allow pictures... I designed it myself and don't want anyone to copy it... I know, people think I'm silly.

    They are a big commitment, I waited until I was 30 to get my first.

    But can't wait to see some PRS ink. I have thought about birds for a bit...
    Berto

    Cork Sniffer Extraordinaire

  13. #13

    Re: PRS Tattoo

    You first Shawn

    2011 PRS Studio 10 Top
    2008 PRS SC245 5708 10 Top
    Two Warmoth/Fender Teles
    Martin 000C-15E
    Fender Mustang III

  14. #14
    chief Shawn@PRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1985
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    3,670

    Re: PRS Tattoo

    Quote Originally Posted by mgman
    You first Shawn
    Paul signs my paychecks, so I had one tattooed on the palm of my hand.

  15. #15
    Senior Member 11top's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,643

    Re: PRS Tattoo

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS
    Quote Originally Posted by mgman
    You first Shawn
    Paul signs my paychecks, so I had one tattooed on the palm of my hand.
    I thought that was a rose. :?
    Sh*tter's full

  16. #16
    Senior Member PRSHB2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    197

    Re: PRS Tattoo

    Mine's not nearly as classy as the 6-pack, but it's all I got.



    Not sure where the next one will go, but I am planning on something guitar related for sure.

  17. #17
    Junior Member dprather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    93

    Re: PRS Tattoo

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS

    So let's see 'em, SHOW OFF YOUR PRS TATTOOS.
    It's difficult to take pictures of your own arm, this is all I have readily available - I plan to incorporate some birdage into the next artwork, but it's not finalized yet...




  18. #18
    Pincher of Harmonics Blackbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    406

    Re: PRS Tattoo

    Quote Originally Posted by dprather
    It's difficult to take pictures of your own arm, this is all I have readily available - I plan to incorporate some birdage into the next artwork, but it's not finalized yet...



    very cool!
    12 408 - 12 DGT - 09 Tremonti II - 98 CU24 - 97 CE22 - Mesa MarkIV - Kemper Profiler Amp - EVH 5150 III - PRS Archon

  19. #19
    chief Shawn@PRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1985
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    3,670

    Re: PRS Tattoo

    Quote Originally Posted by dprather
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS

    So let's see 'em, SHOW OFF YOUR PRS TATTOOS.
    It's difficult to take pictures of your own arm, this is all I have readily available - I plan to incorporate some birdage into the next artwork, but it's not finalized yet...




    This is what I'm talking about! Who else can chime in here? I know you're out there.

  20. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Whore-lando
    Posts
    6

    Re: PRS Tattoo

    Welp, as my first post in the NEW AND IMPROVED "BaM" I would like to unveil my PRS tattoo...
    Shawn, I was going to be like the others and email you pictures along with the story of how I become obsessed with PRS but this will do just fine. I met PRSh at the Rolex 24 this year and showed him this piece.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •