Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 197

Thread: All knobs are set to 11 today in Stevensville.....

  1. #21
    Senior Member andy474x's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    974
    This looks like it's gonna be fun. And not clean fun.
    -I'm no expert, but it seems to work and I haven't electrocuted myself yet. Which is pretty much the standard I live by.

    SE Custom 24 25th Anniversary - SE Akesson+57/08's - SE 30 Head/Cab

  2. #22
    Bobble Head Moderator JMintzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Potomac, MD
    Posts
    1,255
    Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    You guys are psycho.
    Fixed if for ya!
    ---Jamie---

    My Gear

  3. #23
    Name Manglin' Putz alantig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,084
    I don't think 11's gonna be enough...
    Alan

    "I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

  4. #24
    Pincher of Harmonics Blackbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    388
    Wow, this is exciting!

    Anyone know if it's 6L6s or EL34s?
    12 408 - 12 DGT - 09 Tremonti II - 98 CU24 - 97 CE22 - Mesa MarkIV - Kemper Profiler Amp - EVH 5150 III - PRS Archon

  5. #25
    Senior Member jfb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    O'Fallon, MO
    Posts
    4,830
    Quote Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
    Fixed if for ya!
    Psycho? Maybe.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    Wow, this is exciting!

    Anyone know if it's 6L6s or EL34s?
    I would wager 6L6.
    Plank Owner

  6. #26
    Senior Member Michael B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Saratoga Springs New York
    Posts
    683
    SWEET!!!
    2010 Black cherry 10 Top Tremonti-signed by Tremonti Modded by PTC DGT frets
    2010 Mira Vintage Mahogany-Dragon 1 pup in bridge
    2012 Faded Blue Jean Burst 10 Top Tremonti
    2012 PRS Tremonti Custom SE Grey/Black PRS Phase 2 tuners, Mannmade 2000NOS Trem,Refret with DGT frets at PTC, USA nut, PRS USA pots and knobs

  7. #27
    Senior Member Chris528's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    663
    I thought I was done...maybe not!
    "BADASS MODDED" SE SEMI-HOLLOW W/BIGSBY
    SE ZACH MYERS, SE TREMONTI, SE20 COMBO

  8. #28
    Junior Member Richard W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    26
    Beyond cool!

  9. #29
    Senior Member jfb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    O'Fallon, MO
    Posts
    4,830
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris528 View Post
    I thought I was done...maybe not!
    Never!!!
    Plank Owner

  10. #30
    Senior Member Dirty Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    State of Confusion (NY)
    Posts
    1,707
    Uh oh again....big uh oh.....
    -Bob

  11. #31
    Member BobbyD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Wilmington, DE
    Posts
    158
    Quote Originally Posted by themike View Post
    Brace yourselves - heavy is coming!
    I want the heavy! Someone please take my money!!!
    PS 4746 - Echo
    Experience 2012 Custom 24 - Inara
    P24 - Natasha
    2012 Tremonti SE

  12. #32
    Almost was a FG22 owner.. WEDGE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Too close to the casinos in CT.........
    Posts
    1,545
    Yes please! And it's about time!
    ​Secretary of Crackwood Addiction

  13. #33
    Senior Member jfb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    O'Fallon, MO
    Posts
    4,830
    Quote Originally Posted by WEDGE View Post
    Yes please! And it's about time!
    Yep.
    Plank Owner

  14. #34
    Senior Member themike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,769
    Wow, that's honestly more metal dudes than I remember! Keep it heavy, my metal brethren.
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

  15. #35
    Name Manglin' Putz alantig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,084
    Quote Originally Posted by themike View Post
    Wow, that's honestly more metal dudes than I remember! Keep it heavy, my metal brethren.
    Dude, you've seen me - heavy doesn't begin to cover me!!!








    Oh, you meant musically. Never mind.
    Alan

    "I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

  16. #36
    I'd hate to have to lug around anything that weighed much more than what I have. I once had a Mesa Tremoverb that weighed around 90 pounds, and I had a dickens of a time moving that amp around. Really. I had to hire a moving van guy just to lift it into the van, cost me ten bucks every time, plus I had to wait for the guy to show up.

    That's when I decided, no more heavy amps!

    I don't understand why a head box can't be of something like carbon fiber, you know, strong but light. Sure, I understand why cabs are heavy because of the wood and the woody resonances and all, but there's gotta be something lighter that will do the same job.

    Which reminds me, I'm getting very old. I'm not sure how much longer I'll be able to move even a lighter weight amp and cab around. I don't know about you guys, maybe you're all getting younger but I have a theory about aging and it goes like this: I've discovered that our bodies kind of deteriorate as people get older, which is why there are so many horrible looking old people around. I used to think they were just ugly but now I know, they're simply people who got old and worn out. That kinda sucks, but it leads me to another theory: Did you know that people who move heavy things around all the time sometimes develop strange bulges in their bodies in the muscles that operate their limbs and shoulders?

    Yup. And they show them off.

    But anyway, I simply do not understand why anyone would want something that is heavy, when things that aren't heavy work just as well at times. It puzzles me that you guys seem so excited to buy something that is going to hurt your backs, arms, and other body parts.
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

  17. #37
    Senior Member vchizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    2,180
    Ohhhhhhhh......NEED MORE INFO.

  18. #38
    Senior Member vchizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    2,180
    The Arkon or Arcon...or something like that.

  19. #39
    Senior Member Michael B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Saratoga Springs New York
    Posts
    683
    Cant wait to hear some clips of Mark and Emil tearing it up!
    2010 Black cherry 10 Top Tremonti-signed by Tremonti Modded by PTC DGT frets
    2010 Mira Vintage Mahogany-Dragon 1 pup in bridge
    2012 Faded Blue Jean Burst 10 Top Tremonti
    2012 PRS Tremonti Custom SE Grey/Black PRS Phase 2 tuners, Mannmade 2000NOS Trem,Refret with DGT frets at PTC, USA nut, PRS USA pots and knobs

  20. #40
    Just one more... HighGain510's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    268
    Quote Originally Posted by themike View Post
    THIS IS EXTREMELY RELEVANT TO MY INTERESTS! Hmmm I was just getting ready to sell off my oversized 1x12 guitar cabs that are loaded with Scumback M75 100w speakers too.... Might put off moving those for the time being!

    Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    I'd hate to have to lug around anything that weighed much more than what I have. I once had a Mesa Tremoverb that weighed around 90 pounds, and I had a dickens of a time moving that amp around. Really. I had to hire a moving van guy just to lift it into the van, cost me ten bucks every time, plus I had to wait for the guy to show up.

    That's when I decided, no more heavy amps!

    I don't understand why a head box can't be of something like carbon fiber, you know, strong but light. Sure, I understand why cabs are heavy because of the wood and the woody resonances and all, but there's gotta be something lighter that will do the same job.

    Which reminds me, I'm getting very old. I'm not sure how much longer I'll be able to move even a lighter weight amp and cab around. I don't know about you guys, maybe you're all getting younger but I have a theory about aging and it goes like this: I've discovered that our bodies kind of deteriorate as people get older, which is why there are so many horrible looking old people around. I used to think they were just ugly but now I know, they're simply people who got old and worn out. That kinda sucks, but it leads me to another theory: Did you know that people who move heavy things around all the time sometimes develop strange bulges in their bodies in the muscles that operate their limbs and shoulders?

    Yup. And they show them off.

    But anyway, I simply do not understand why anyone would want something that is heavy, when things that aren't heavy work just as well at times. It puzzles me that you guys seem so excited to buy something that is going to hurt your backs, arms, and other body parts.
    While I agree with you somewhat (I'm down to using a Kemper and a CLR, that's it... no monster haul for me other than the CLR which isn't nearly as heavy as a 4x12!), part of what makes a lot of those awesome high gain amps sound the way they do has to do with those monstrous heavy transformers. Even if they used a lightweight material like carbon fiber, the chassis and transformer are still often times a big part of the weight issue.


    I'm pretty much out of my amp-swapping craze and really happy with my Kemper, but I'm also VERY interested to hear what these things can do and depending on the price and tone.... hmmmmmmmm....
    -Matt

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •