Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: All knobs are set to 11 today in Stevensville.....

Thanks guys, I would really like to see a video of this amp turned down to bedroom volumes and see if it still sounds good.

Maybe Shawn could get us a demo?
    If it works good, my dealer will be getting a call.

The transformer look nice and big from the little you can see on the pic of the back of the head. Bigger is better.

Dammit! Just when I had my hands full deciding between a new Mesa, Bogner, or an Engl… I see this video and hear this delicious yumminess. Crap… what can I sell?
    ~ Matt

PRS HX/DA | 2x12 Stealth Cab | 2011 Stripped 58 - Angry Larry | 2000 Custom 22 - Dark Cherry Burst
    1985 Takamine GX-100 | 1993 Jackson Soloist XL Pro |Martin Acoustic | Ibanez Acoustic

Quote Originally Posted by Sekunda View Post
    Dammit! Just when I had my hands full deciding between a new Mesa, Bogner, or an Engl… I see this video and hear this delicious yumminess. Crap… what can I sell?
    Kidney? First born? Just saying

Quote Originally Posted by CoreyT View Post
    Thanks guys, I would really like to see a video of this amp turned down to bedroom volumes and see if it still sounds good.

Noted.
    Plank Owner

I don't know if anyone noticed, but there are soundclips now on the Archon product page.

Quote Originally Posted by geese_com View Post
    I don't know if anyone noticed, but there are soundclips now on the Archon product page.
    There were sound clips when it went live.
    Plank Owner

Quote Originally Posted by jfb View Post
    JD, owner of GTRMAV.
    Ordered my Archon from JD as well!
    12 408 - 12 DGT - 09 Tremonti II - 98 CU24 - 97 CE22 - Mesa MarkIV - Kemper Profiler Amp - EVH 5150 III - PRS Archon

There were sound clips when it went live.
    Jeez. That shows I was paying attention.

Nothing to see here.....

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    Ordered my Archon from JD as well!

Quote Originally Posted by geese_com View Post
    Jeez. That shows I was paying attention.

Nothing to see here.....
    You were dreaming of your next PS and missed it. All good.
    Plank Owner

Tossed an e-mail at my local dealer today just to check on these.

I'm frigging doomed...
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

I just keep listening to clips over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by vchizzle View Post
    I just keep listening to clips over and over.
    Plank Owner

JD, owner of GTRMAV.
    Got mine coming from there as well!

I think I need to check with my dealer to see when they have some coming in...

I LOVE my low-wattage MIDI amp, but this could pull me away from it.
    Richard

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough...

Quote Originally Posted by CoreyT View Post

I'm in this camp. This is totally in my genre and style of playing, but considering my mini rectifier (25 watts, switchable to 10) never gets turned past 9 o'clock in the bedroom, I would be worried it wouldn't be worth the money for me. I mean, in reality, I don't need it. But man do I want it.

Quote Originally Posted by bretwomack View Post
    I'm in this camp. This is totally in my genre and style of playing, but considering my mini rectifier (25 watts, switchable to 10) never gets turned past 9 o'clock in the bedroom, I would be worried it wouldn't be worth the money for me. I mean, in reality, I don't need it. But man do I want it.
    I think many people are in this camp these days. 36 watts is about as big as I can conceive actually playing with. The gig I was at this weekend saw a Two Rock 22 watt'er as the "loud" amp on the stage. I'm personally going back and forth between an 18 watt (with power soak options of 18, 5, 1, off) and 36 watt amps...
    Richard

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough...

Quote Originally Posted by richardlpalmer View Post
    I think many people are in this camp these days. 36 watts is about as big as I can conceive actually playing with. The gig I was at this weekend saw a Two Rock 22 watt'er as the "loud" amp on the stage. I'm personally going back and forth between an 18 watt (with power soak options of 18, 5, 1, off) and 36 watt amps...
    Just wondering on a high gainer like this with a good master volume, would 14 watts really make that much difference going from 36-50 watts? That's only about a 1-2 db difference isn't it? My Uberschall is rated at 150 watts but I can get a better TV volume tone from it than my 20 watt Friedman Pink Taco. I've found it varies greatly from one amp to the other but I'd assume it would be closer to the other high gainers in that regard, Boger, Mesa, etc.
    PRS Guitars - PS #4344 SC245, PS #4343 DC245, Ted SC245 Willcutt's WL Limited, Paul's Guitar
    PRS Amps - Archon

Quote Originally Posted by yankeebulldog View Post
    Just wondering on a high gainer like this with a good master volume, would 14 watts really make that much difference going from 36-50 watts? That's only about a 1-2 db difference isn't it? My Uberschall is rated at 150 watts but I can get a better TV volume tone from it than my 20 watt Friedman Pink Taco. I've found it varies greatly from one amp to the other but I'd assume it would be closer to the other high gainers in that regard, Boger, Mesa, etc.
    Yeah I think It really depends on the amp. My Diezel is 180Watts and sounds nothing like its supposed to unless its cranked and the tubes are hot. When I first got it I almost swore I hated it but decided to give it another run at a louder volume and it turned into a totally different amp.
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

Quote Originally Posted by yankeebulldog View Post
    I think this is the big question. For me, 36 has been my limit -- and it's typically played at a lower wattage with the power soak.

And to be clear, I'm happy this is 50 watts and not 100+. I think it has a lot of potential for having the clean headroom lower wattage amps seem to lack. I'm excited for the potential.
    Richard