Thread: What would it be

What would it be

If you could design a prs what would it be just curious lets have some fun.

I would design an SE bass with no toggle switch, use a knob to blend the pickups like most modern basses use now.
    Was just taking to my dealer today asking him why there is no SE bass.
    I would buy one in a heartbeat.

Double cut, Semi hollow, 24 fret, Floyd Rose, dual humbuckers, Tremonti bridge, 57/08 neck,(both covered black) 3D one piece quilted maple top, mahagony body and neck, wide thin neck carve, satin neck finish, ebony fingerboard, DGT fretwire, 3-way toggle, one volume, one tone, coil tapped, whitewashed back and back of neck/headstock, black slate top w/ matching headstock, abalone full body, neck and headstock binding, black hardware, abolone birds, phase III tuners.
    '11 SC250,'12 Tremonti one-off, 2007/13 McCarty Korina,'11 Custom24 Quilted 10Top,'12 DGT w/BK Miracle Man pups,'12 Studio w/BK Cold Sweat,'07/13 Navarro w/BK Cold Sweat pups,'12 NF3, EVH 5150 Half stack, Randall Half Stack, Hughs & Kettner TubeMeister, other fiddles; Mayones, Suhr, Skervesen, Gibson, Fender, Charvel, Jackson, ESP, Dean, EVH, Taylor, GJ2, Ibanez, Carvin, Kramer, Agile & Spawn

Nice o. K.here we go Santana body 335 dimensions semi hollow tom or vibrato maple top and back rosewood neck pattern standard frets old style birds Santana headstock phase. 3 tuners ebony board two volume two tone 3way switch pickups I haven't decided I like them all no coil tap plain and simple.

Thats I difficult question. But I guess: Custom 22 with 2 Volume 2 Tone, Tremonti Treble for the Bridge and Vintage Bass for the Neck, 3 Way Toogle, Coil Split for the two pickups (using push-pull potis), flamed maple top and adjustable stoptail.

Wow, nice. I would say Mira body, no pickguard, chambered with F-holes, maple top/mahogany back with binding, white soapbars (maybe throw in a piezo as well, why not), master volume and tone, stoptail bridge, three way switch, 22 frets, 25'' scale length, pattern regular mahogany neck with ebony fretboard, bird inlays, aaaaaand, I'm drooling.

Santana Body and Headstock
    Hog Body / Spalted maple top ( one piece if possible )
    408 Pickups
    WF Rosewood neck ( 25" Scale 22 frets )
    Unplated Mann Made Trem
    PRS Family - SCT, 408, 305, CU22, MEII
    Others LesPaul , Stratocaster , Guild
    Amps - Mesa MK2B , Egnater Tweaker 15
    Effects - Tonal Insanity Guitar Effects ( I make them ) TC Electronics Nova

Quote Originally Posted by Rider1260 View Post
    Santana Body and Headstock
    Hog Body / Spalted maple top ( one piece if possible )
    408 Pickups
    WF Rosewood neck ( 25" Scale 22 frets )
    Unplated Mann Made Trem
    I'll take one.

mine would look and be identical in EVERY single way to a late 70's B.C. RICH eagle, just with paul's signature on the headstock! (lol)

Arist 3 semi hollow trem, killer quilt top, brazzy neck in pomegranate.

One favorite dream of mine is a PRS guitar with a nice but not 10 top (and personally I would like the chevron or "V" patterns characteristic of bookmatching the top at an angle), having a 24 1/2" scale, a Wide-Thin rosewood or mahogany neck with Brazilian rosewood fretboard, and a Santana-shaped semi-hollow body with 2 covered 53/10 pickups and an adjustable bridge (no piezo necessary, though it could always be an option). The controls should be able to split the pups and allow independent volume control, and be wired "post-2007-style". In Blue for me, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Raven17 View Post
    Double cut, Semi hollow, 24 fret, Floyd Rose, dual humbuckers, Tremonti bridge, 57/08 neck,(both covered black) 3D one piece quilted maple top, mahagony body and neck, wide thin neck carve, satin neck finish, ebony fingerboard, DGT fretwire, 3-way toggle, one volume, one tone, coil tapped, whitewashed back and back of neck/headstock, black slate top w/ matching headstock, abalone full body, neck and headstock binding, black hardware, abolone birds, phase III tuners.
    and Piezo please

Do it already.

Anymore, I do not know for certain what I would want. These are my current ideas but are not set in stone.

As a USA model or Private Stock; I love my SC's so I'd be tempted to do an SC250 with IRW Neck w/ Ebony Board Phase 2 Tuners and ME2 Inlays. Maybe experiment on Pups and do 59/09 Treble and 57/08 Bass... but the standard 250 Treble and 250 Bass are also great.

If I were offered to design an SE... I'd likely try and make a variant of the SE One... maybe call it the SE "One.2". SE One body size/carve, Hog Body and Neck, Rosewood FB (no binding), Moon Inlays, Adjustable Wraptail. 1 Humbucker, Volume and Tone. Colors: White, Black, Cherry and Natural. Black Pickguards on all.

Heck, I've been contemplating buying another SE One to do just that (route the P90 to a Humbucker).

Heck, life would seem complete if I could get my hands on a stock P24 in Eriza Verde (NON smokeburst) with Trem.