Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 53

Thread: Champagne Electrics CE24&22's

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member sergiodeblanc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Downers Grove Il.
    Posts
    6,738

    Champagne Electrics CE24&22's

    I love these guitars, specifically alder bodied with maple tops. I believe them to be the "Champagne" of the Annapolis era Paul Reed Smith's, and would love to see if any of you have some pictures/stories of them.

    This one has been my constant companion for at least eighteen years. Every show and every studio date, and quite honestly most of the best times of my life, have been done with this guitar.

    While certainly not the most expensive guitar I have owned, it is my favorite.

  2. #2
    Senior Member sergiodeblanc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Downers Grove Il.
    Posts
    6,738
    I know I'm still in the honeymoon phase, but I love my new Blanc CE!!!




    that is all.

  3. #3
    Senior Member swede71's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    646
    Cool guitar!What pups in your old guitar Sergio?I saw today they sell a Hiland model in Stockholm.Me wants but it sells for alot of swedish krona.I would love to have a bolt-on CE or Hiland.There is something about bolt-on guitars.

  4. #4
    soundcloud.com/johnucol John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Thall
    Posts
    200
    Here are both of my CE 24's.

    My first PRS, this red one from '04. This one has been with me through hell and back, and I don't see myself ever giving it up anytime soon. I don't use it so much as a live guitar now that I have a custom 24 with a blade switch that's easier to use, but it's a staple in most if not all of my recorded material.


    And here's a 1993 CE I managed to snag while I was in undergrad.

  5. #5
    Senior Member sergiodeblanc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Downers Grove Il.
    Posts
    6,738
    Quote Originally Posted by swede71 View Post
    Cool guitar!What pups in your old guitar Sergio?I saw today they sell a Hiland model in Stockholm.Me wants but it sells for alot of swedish krona.I would love to have a bolt-on CE or Hiland.There is something about bolt-on guitars.
    HFS and VB in the old CE, they were the first passive pickups that got me to finally ditch EMGs. I would love to check out a Hiland too, there are a lot of unique features on that model.
    I am convinced that there is magic in the neck joint of PRS bolt on guitars, my low E string is just HUGE compared to any of my set neck or neck-through guitars.


    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Here are both of my CE 24's.

    My first PRS, this red one from '04. This one has been with me through hell and back, and I don't see myself ever giving it up anytime soon. I don't use it so much as a live guitar now that I have a custom 24 with a blade switch that's easier to use, but it's a staple in most if not all of my recorded material.


    And here's a 1993 CE I managed to snag while I was in undergrad.
    Great lookin' guitars John! My CE24 always beats out every other guitar I own when it comes to recording. For years I alternated between a myriad of Les Paul's and my one CE, I'm proud to say I have learned my lesson and will never buy a Lester again! (unless it's just for looks.)

  6. #6
    I had a really nice alder CE24. One of the many I wish I could get back.


  7. #7
    Senior Member sleary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,053
    My ce 22


  8. #8
    Senior Member sergiodeblanc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Downers Grove Il.
    Posts
    6,738
    Seems like there has been a whole bunch of CE love happenin' lately so I'm bumping this thread. I wanna see and hear all about your CE guitar(s)!!!

  9. #9
    Senior Member gush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    washington iowa
    Posts
    783
    Very nice looking CEs. I have neen very curious about this model and may sell my LP to make room for one.

    Can anybody tell me how SA/ maple top sounds compared to adler/maple top?

  10. #10
    Senior Member sergiodeblanc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Downers Grove Il.
    Posts
    6,738








  11. #11
    Happy Egads's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Posts
    2,237
    Dude? Who have you been hiring for the photo shoots. They're coming out great.

  12. #12
    Senior Member sergiodeblanc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Downers Grove Il.
    Posts
    6,738
    Quote Originally Posted by Egads View Post
    Dude? Who have you been hiring for the photo shoots. They're coming out great.
    Thanks! I'm getting a little better after I ditched the iPhone.

  13. #13
    Recovering Bass Player ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! 's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1985
    Posts
    5,158
    Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    Thanks! I'm getting a little better after I ditched the iPhone.
    The camera on my IPhone 3GS sucked. The 4s I just put in the drawer wasn't great but it was much better than the 3GS. This iPhone 5S I just got has an exceptional camera.
    One Life

  14. #14
    Senior Member sergiodeblanc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Downers Grove Il.
    Posts
    6,738
    Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post
    The camera on my IPhone 3GS sucked. The 4s I just put in the drawer wasn't great but it was much better than the 3GS. This iPhone 5S I just got has an exceptional camera.
    I have a 4, but I've seen people take really nice pics with 'em... My ancient Canon Powershot seems to jive a little better with me.

  15. #15
    chief Shawn@PRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1985
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    3,899
    All of the photos for the first 9 months of the Private Stock Friday thread were taken with a 4. They weren't bad, but the 5S takes much nicer pics.

  16. #16
    Sergio, I love that you value and work on your guitars like this.
    I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken...

    Website: http://www.elfxi.com

  17. #17
    chief Shawn@PRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1985
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    3,899
    Speaking of Champagne Electrics, this CE was built for Alex Lifeson. It has a Baggs X bridge on it. This is a '97 model and made before we developed our piezo trem.
    Name:  IMG_2594.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  227.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_2597.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  352.9 KB

  18. #18
    Senior Member themike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,897
    Nice! Something about Tortoise shell that I always dug but didn't know why haha
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

  19. #19
    Opaque John Beef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Arizona USA
    Posts
    1,893
    One of my all time guitar heroes, Ralph Spight from The Victim's Family plays a CE. I was just watching some videos online of him and digging it. Wish I had the spare cash at the moment to pickup a beater CE22 with a wide fat. I've got a nice set of round bobbin 59/09s waiting for the right home. Really don't need another guitar through. Sort of conflicted here.


    Last edited by John Beef; 04-02-2014 at 12:16 PM.
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

  20. #20
    Senior Member sergiodeblanc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Downers Grove Il.
    Posts
    6,738
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    All of the photos for the first 9 months of the Private Stock Friday thread were taken with a 4. They weren't bad, but the 5S takes much nicer pics.
    Yeah, those look nice! It's definitely my skill set, I can take like maybe one decent photo out of ten with my phone.

    Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    Sergio, I love that you value and work on your guitars like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Beef View Post
    Really don't need another guitar through. Sort of conflicted here.
    Thanks Les. It was "spring cleaning" time for guitars over the weekend and I had a spare set of lampshades that needed to go somewhere.. I kinda felt guilty swapping the old knobs out, they've had twenty years of good times on 'em!

    I feel you John. Somehow I wound up with seven PRS and SE's over the last year, buying stuff is fun but I think the secret of life is maintenance... This particular CE wasn't getting too much play-time over the past year because of new purchases which is lame. I won't say I forgot about it , but after taking it for a spin again I was reminded how much I love it. ...It's in pretty gnarly shape though!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •