Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Champagne Electrics CE24&22's

Champagne Electrics CE24&22's

I love these guitars, specifically alder bodied with maple tops. I believe them to be the "Champagne" of the Annapolis era Paul Reed Smith's, and would love to see if any of you have some pictures/stories of them.

This one has been my constant companion for at least eighteen years. Every show and every studio date, and quite honestly most of the best times of my life, have been done with this guitar.

While certainly not the most expensive guitar I have owned, it is my favorite.

Re: Champagne Electrics CE24&22's

There is no denying that the CE was an important product in the early PRS line. A lot of people started off playing the CE's and continue to love them today. I kind of wish they kept them as I've always been a fan of bolt-on necks.
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

I love the alder CE's as well! A good friend of mine has a CE24 alder with a maple fretboard. That thing has some serious 'tude! Very immediate and LOUD! I have offered to buy it a few times but he won't budge. I guess that would be my ultimate CE: alder body with a maple fretboard!

And where are my manners! Beautiful CE you have there Sergio!

Thanks for the kind words buddy,
    There is a certain "loudness" to these instruments, and your friend's CE sounds like a guitar worth chasing. It is really cool to hear and feel the differences between all the different CEs, while looking for a backup I have come across a few mahogany versions and wasn't as excited. The maple topped alder models have a somewhat "scooped" sound to (my ear), that really drives most any amp into a "hi-fi" kind of tone.
    It has grown with me from very heavy music in my youth, to the clean toned R&B and reggae I do now. Cool versatile guitars for sure.

My CE-24. Pretty sure it's a Hog body, Maple Top but it still Rocks Hard. It has some very hot VB and HFS pups in it.

Custom 24, 5909, 305, Al Di Meola Prism, Paul's Guitar, SC-58 AP, SE Angelus
    Mesa Lonestar Special w/4x10 Mesa cab

Hey! I was just drooling over that purple top over at VR!
    The mahogany ones are really cool too, kind of like a Blanc de Noir to the alders Blanc de Blanc, slightly darker but still sparkly champagne. :mrgreen:

I still have my ce's....Thank god I never sold them....they are absolutely killer...there is an immediacy from a feel standpoint that I just love...the snap of the maple neck is fantastic...throw in original dragons or uncovered 59/09's and watch out! Great players...fantastic tone machines...I actually dig the all hog ones quite a bit...the alder bodied are pretty darn cool as well...throw in a maple cap and watch out!....if you haven't tried 'em give it a shot...these ain't no budget axe!
    -Bob

I love my CE22! It's a 94 bought in 94 and much like the OP it's the guitar that I grew up with, played in bands with and definately the one guitar I would never consider parting with. It's well worn in, has a dark almost black fret board, the finish is starting to sink and it just oozes character. The dragon pups pack a mighty punch too!

Quote Originally Posted by vim fuego
    I love my CE22! It's a 94 bought in 94 and much like the OP it's the guitar that I grew up with, played in bands with and definately the one guitar I would never consider parting with. It's well worn in, has a dark almost black fret board, the finish is starting to sink and it just oozes character. The dragon pups pack a mighty punch too!
    Alder 22's are pretty hard to come by, I would love to see a pic!

Beautiful guitars, and Sergio, I love the played-in patina yours has earned over the years!
    I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken...

Here is one for you. Alder body, first year CE logo on headstock. Fantastic guitar. The maple neck gives it highend clarity and the alder body gives it punch. These are the finest of the CE's IMO.

1988 CE24, 1995 CE22, 2000 SC, 2003 Standard 22, 2003 Cu24 AP, 2006 Cu24 AP, 2006 SC AP, 2007 CuRo22, 2010 Starla Stoptail, 2010 Mira
    2007 SE Soapy 2, 2010 SE 25th Anni Cu24, 2012 SE Bernie, 2013 SE Angelus Custom

PRS SE50, Mesa Single RectoVerb, Mesa Lonestar, Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman
    Beautiful guitars, and Sergio, I love the played-in patina yours has earned over the years!
    Thanks Les, I actually never play, I reliced the hardware with Fire sauce from Taco Bell.

Quote Originally Posted by AP515
    Here is one for you. Alder body, first year CE logo on headstock. Fantastic guitar. The maple neck gives it highend clarity and the alder body gives it punch. These are the finest of the CE's IMO.

Magnifique!

Bringing this back to the top. Has any body seen my nitro? I appear to have lost mine from the back of the neck.
    [img[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc
    Quote Originally Posted by vim fuego
    would love to

Ooh, it's like my guitars baby sister! Love this one!

[quote=vim fuego]
    Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc
    Quote Originally Posted by "vim fuego":164r3hce
    would love to

[/quote:164r3hce]
    Nice set up. Love the VHT, used to have that amp. A little trick for you to try....turn that global master volume up to about 2-3:00 then use you individual channel volumes to set your actual volume. You will get the "cranked" amp tone at any volume that way.

I know I'm still in the honeymoon phase, but I love my new Blanc CE!!!

that is all.

Cool guitar!What pups in your old guitar Sergio?I saw today they sell a Hiland model in Stockholm.Me wants but it sells for alot of swedish krona.I would love to have a bolt-on CE or Hiland.There is something about bolt-on guitars.