Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Champagne Electrics CE24&22's

Here are both of my CE 24's.

My first PRS, this red one from '04. This one has been with me through hell and back, and I don't see myself ever giving it up anytime soon. I don't use it so much as a live guitar now that I have a custom 24 with a blade switch that's easier to use, but it's a staple in most if not all of my recorded material.

And here's a 1993 CE I managed to snag while I was in undergrad.

Quote Originally Posted by swede71 View Post
    Cool guitar!What pups in your old guitar Sergio?I saw today they sell a Hiland model in Stockholm.Me wants but it sells for alot of swedish krona.I would love to have a bolt-on CE or Hiland.There is something about bolt-on guitars.
    HFS and VB in the old CE, they were the first passive pickups that got me to finally ditch EMGs. I would love to check out a Hiland too, there are a lot of unique features on that model.
    I am convinced that there is magic in the neck joint of PRS bolt on guitars, my low E string is just HUGE compared to any of my set neck or neck-through guitars.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Here are both of my CE 24's.

My first PRS, this red one from '04. This one has been with me through hell and back, and I don't see myself ever giving it up anytime soon. I don't use it so much as a live guitar now that I have a custom 24 with a blade switch that's easier to use, but it's a staple in most if not all of my recorded material.

And here's a 1993 CE I managed to snag while I was in undergrad.
    Great lookin' guitars John! My CE24 always beats out every other guitar I own when it comes to recording. For years I alternated between a myriad of Les Paul's and my one CE, I'm proud to say I have learned my lesson and will never buy a Lester again! (unless it's just for looks.)

I had a really nice alder CE24. One of the many I wish I could get back.

My ce 22

Quote Originally Posted by Spikedog007 View Post

This looks like my first PRS. My top wasn't as nice, though. It was Alder/Maple and was one of the best playing guitars I've ever played. A really pretty SC250 came up and the the CE had to go. Now, the SC is gone and I wish I had the CE back.

Sergio, I definitely agree about the alder vs. mahogany. The alders are special.

Quote Originally Posted by Egads View Post
    Sergio, I definitely agree about the alder vs. mahogany. The alders are special.
    Yeah they are, I'm not sayin' anything against the mahogany version as I totally dig my CE22!

Seems like there has been a whole bunch of CE love happenin' lately so I'm bumping this thread. I wanna see and hear all about your CE guitar(s)!!!

Very nice looking CEs. I have neen very curious about this model and may sell my LP to make room for one.

Can anybody tell me how SA/ maple top sounds compared to adler/maple top?

Dude? Who have you been hiring for the photo shoots. They're coming out great.

Quote Originally Posted by Egads View Post
    Dude? Who have you been hiring for the photo shoots. They're coming out great.
    Thanks! I'm getting a little better after I ditched the iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    Thanks! I'm getting a little better after I ditched the iPhone.
    The camera on my IPhone 3GS sucked. The 4s I just put in the drawer wasn't great but it was much better than the 3GS. This iPhone 5S I just got has an exceptional camera.
    One Life

Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post
    The camera on my IPhone 3GS sucked. The 4s I just put in the drawer wasn't great but it was much better than the 3GS. This iPhone 5S I just got has an exceptional camera.
    I have a 4, but I've seen people take really nice pics with 'em... My ancient Canon Powershot seems to jive a little better with me.

All of the photos for the first 9 months of the Private Stock Friday thread were taken with a 4. They weren't bad, but the 5S takes much nicer pics.

Sergio, I love that you value and work on your guitars like this.
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

Speaking of Champagne Electrics, this CE was built for Alex Lifeson. It has a Baggs X bridge on it. This is a '97 model and made before we developed our piezo trem.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2594.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	227.5 KB 
ID:	1494
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2597.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	352.9 KB 
ID:	1495

Nice! Something about Tortoise shell that I always dug but didn't know why haha
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

One of my all time guitar heroes, Ralph Spight from The Victim's Family plays a CE. I was just watching some videos online of him and digging it. Wish I had the spare cash at the moment to pickup a beater CE22 with a wide fat. I've got a nice set of round bobbin 59/09s waiting for the right home. Really don't need another guitar through. Sort of conflicted here.

Last edited by John Beef; 04-02-2014 at 11:16 AM.
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    All of the photos for the first 9 months of the Private Stock Friday thread were taken with a 4. They weren't bad, but the 5S takes much nicer pics.
    Yeah, those look nice! It's definitely my skill set, I can take like maybe one decent photo out of ten with my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    Sergio, I love that you value and work on your guitars like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Beef View Post
    Really don't need another guitar through. Sort of conflicted here.
    Thanks Les. It was "spring cleaning" time for guitars over the weekend and I had a spare set of lampshades that needed to go somewhere.. I kinda felt guilty swapping the old knobs out, they've had twenty years of good times on 'em!

I feel you John. Somehow I wound up with seven PRS and SE's over the last year, buying stuff is fun but I think the secret of life is maintenance... This particular CE wasn't getting too much play-time over the past year because of new purchases which is lame. I won't say I forgot about it , but after taking it for a spin again I was reminded how much I love it. ...It's in pretty gnarly shape though!

Occasionally Onery Member CantankerousCarl's Avatar
    Serg, those shots are great...you can see all of the "Sergio-love" everywhere on that CE.

I also cannot believe I missed a chance to post pics of my CEs...must be slipping, or near senile...
    1990 CE24 MT | 1991 CU24 | 1991 CE24 | 1992 CE24 MT
    1993 STD 24 | 1997 CE24 3pc MT | 2008 SE Semi-Hollow Soapbar
    2011 SE Akesson | 2011 CU24 GC Throwback | 2012 Signature Limited
    2013 408 Brazilian | 2013 Paul's Guitar | 2013 S2 Mira | 2013 Hollowbody II
    2013 CU24 Swamp Ash Limited | 2014 SE Zach Myers