Thread: Artist package wait time

Artist package wait time

Hey guys I'm just wondering if anyone can she some light on this for me. I ordered an artist pack HBII in May and was told I should expect it in October. Then in October to expect it around Xmas. Now I've be told it will be mid Feb. Is this a normal wait time for an artist package or was there some kind of set back at the factory? Just curious really

Wow I guess I got mine at a good time (last year), took less than 4 months. I've wondered how popular the artist package orders are, I guess they must be busy. Trust me, it will be worth the wait. Hang in there!

I was told about 3 when I got mine earlier this year, ended up being about 4. But agree - totally worth the wait!

It's definitely going to be worth the wait! HbII flame faded blue jean with irw neck
    but 9 month wait doesn't seem right
    Last edited by enfilade; 12-11-2013 at 03:55 AM.

One thing that may "hinder" a guitar's completion may be their attention to detail. There's always a possibility your guitar took a hit/had a finish issue and had to be cut up and started over again...Isn't that where the "cut-ups" come from...???

Yeah I've heard typical is 3-4 months for AP orders but I've heard of some taking longer (never heard the reason for the delay, however, so it is anyone's guess really). That being said, 90% of my PRS are Artist Package guitars from 2012 and 2013 and they are honestly some of THE best guitars I've ever owned. I've owned Private Stocks and some of them absolutely compete in Private Stock territory, so while the wait may stink a little for the time being, I can all-but-guarantee you that when you receive it, you're going to be smiling from ear to ear!
    -Matt

3-4 months isn't bad. The wait for a Suhr/Anderson for example is substantially longer from most all dealers, about 6-8.
    Plank Owner

Quote Originally Posted by jfb View Post
    3-4 months isn't bad. The wait for a Suhr/Anderson for example is substantially longer from most all dealers, about 6-8.
    Yeah, yeah - keep moving Benedict Arnold... hahah
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

Quote Originally Posted by themike View Post
    Yeah, yeah - keep moving Benedict Arnold... hahah
    That's a positive for PRS.
    Plank Owner

Quote Originally Posted by Bill SAS 513 View Post
    One thing that may "hinder" a guitar's completion may be their attention to detail. There's always a possibility your guitar took a hit/had a finish issue and had to be cut up and started over again...Isn't that where the "cut-ups" come from...???
    Prs actually emailed me today saying that this may have happened. Great customer service as they emailed me back right away