Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dyson vacuums, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by John Beef View Post
    We had a hoover windtunnel for about 10 years. It did a great job of getting up all our Labrador's hair. About 2/3rds of our house is tile or laminate and the last 3rd is carpet, and the Hoover did a good job on everything. In fact, it's funny (and a little sad), we bought the vacuum specifically to get the dog hair up after adopting him, and 10 years later when he died, the vacuum quit on us just a month or two later.

We bought another Windtunnel but it has been very disappointing. Does great on carpet, lousy the other 2/3rds of the house. We stayed away from Dyson because of the mixed reviews, but you guys seem to be consistent in your love for them.
    interesting. We've had Hoover Windtunnel for about 4 years. It weighs 20 pounds which is quite a workout for 4,000 square feet of house. The Dyson DC50 weighs 11 pounds, doesn't tear up the throw rugs, and is a breeze to empty.
    (DC 245 Ted / DGT / 513 / Santana / McShootout / Cu22 Rosewood / SAS / Cu22 Semi hollow / Sig LTD / Mira korina / HBII / SE Angelus Custom) >> {C, H, Dallas, Original Sewell}

just an update: i've used it three times. how long before i lose the Man Card?
    (DC 245 Ted / DGT / 513 / Santana / McShootout / Cu22 Rosewood / SAS / Cu22 Semi hollow / Sig LTD / Mira korina / HBII / SE Angelus Custom) >> {C, H, Dallas, Original Sewell}

That was up for grabs as soon as you posted this thread? If it is any concilation, you got me looking at the damn things. I do the vacuuming in my house most of the time anyway. So then it just as soon be as much a hotrod as a vacuum can be. Right?
    Last edited by Audie; 01-26-2014 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Audie View Post
    That was up for grabs as soon as you posted this thread? If it is any concilation, you got me looking at the damn things. I do the vacuuming in my house most of the time anyway. So then it just as soon be as much a hotrod as a vacuum can be. Right?
    All tools are crucially important to us men, therefore, it is essential to have the best tool for the job.

Think about where we would be today if our forebears living in caves, and later in villages, towns and cities, weren't constantly striving to create and acquire better tools!

It is a man's sacred responsibility and duty to do this necessary thing and keep the human race moving ever-forward.
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson