Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NGD!! PS Koa for Kine!

Quote Originally Posted by Kine View Post
    I think everyone should try Koa. It being from Hawaii just gives it a different mojo/vibe imo. They are supposed to sonically mature exceptionally well.

I think an acoustic is my next stop. Taylor makes some visually stunning Koa acoustics. Not sure I've seen any acoustic PRSi using Koa…holding that thought... Just googled and PRS has solid acoustic specimen as well! Beautiful instruments imo.
    I own a Tom Anderson Drop Top with Koa on Koa that's 17 years old. It definitely gives off beautiful mid tones with nice high overtones without the brightness of maple tops. The bottom end is never flubby and always under control with good presence. I think your choice of an Ebony board is a great match to further push the highs to balance the overall warmth of Koa.
    Last edited by enigma; 12-15-2013 at 05:47 PM.
    Modern Eagle I SC Trem NOS (2007); 2005 Custom 24 Artist; 1994 Standard 24; 1996 Tom Anderson Drop Top Koa; 1985 48th St Custom Shop Custom Tele; 1983 Guild S281; 1956 Gibson ES225TD; Breedlove C25/SME; Dr. Z Mas 18NR; Rivera Quiana Studio; Peavey Classic 30.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma View Post
    I own a Tom Anderson Drop Top with Koa on Koa that's 17 years old. It definitely gives off beautiful mid tones with nice high overtones without the brightness of maple tops. The bottom end is never flubby and always under control with good presence. I think your choice of an Ebony board is a great match to further push the highs to balance the overall warmth of Koa.
    Cool, thanks for that! I noticed earlier that you had a Tom Anderson in your signature. Good guitars. I have one myself but it's alder/maple/maple. I've had the privilege to meet Tom Anderson a couple of times. Really good guy.

Wow! Congrats!

wicked, wicked cool!
    (DC 245 Ted / DGT / 513 / Santana / McShootout / Cu22 Rosewood / DC22 / SAS / Cu22 Semi hollow / Sig LTD / Mira korina / HBII / SE Angelus Custom / SE Mushok) >> {C, H, Dallas, Original Sewell}

Quote Originally Posted by Kine View Post
    Cool, thanks for that! I noticed earlier that you had a Tom Anderson in your signature. Good guitars. I have one myself but it's alder/maple/maple. I've had the privilege to meet Tom Anderson a couple of times. Really good guy.
    Did someone say Anderson?

Da Kine is the king of Koa!
    Plank Owner

Quote Originally Posted by thieves&foxes View Post
    Pure utter perfection. That is one HOT guitar my friend. Enjoy it
    EXACTLY!
    "Just one more and then I promise, no more guitars honey!" - The phrase I say most to my wife

Older getting younger
    Congrats on a gorgeous guitar which highlights what the private stock program is all about!
    PRS electrics and bass, Taylor BTO GS Cocobolo, K26e Koa, 2012 FLTD 412ce-N and GS mini mahogany acoustic guitars; Bad Cat Cub IIR, Carr Rambler, Fender Supersonic 22, Univox, Fishman Loudbox 100, Loudbox Mini and Mark Bass amps
    In music, one must think with his heart and feel with his brain.
    I was joeprs on BAM

A-1, super classy man!

Angry Southern Gentleman Hopeful Sinner's Avatar
    I gotta say the more I look at this guitar, it seems to just get better and better and it was superb the first time.
    So glad you got a 53/10 loaded guitar!!!

My name be scrambled ElrytNamrogo's Avatar
    WOW!!!! I remember seeing this in the PSF, like you said. Good Lord, that turned out beautifully. I dig the subtle elegance....that is one sexy guitar right there. Nice choice on the nitro, too. Congrats and thanks for sharing!!!
    --Tyler G--
    2012 PRS Custom 24
    - Burnt Maple Leaf 10-top
    2008 PRS Custom 22 - Santana Yellow - Rosewood Neck - 10-top
    PRS SE Singlecut Trem - Tobacco Sunburst -Grover Locking Tuners - Bareknuckle Rebel Yells - Push/Pull Volume and Tone - Graphtech Self Lubricating nut

Pure class. Love it.